Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest poachers caught in the act?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭jingojonson

Its the combined effect ie ten legitimate hunters taking 10 deer each is 100
    etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Its the combined effect ie ten legitimate hunters taking 10 deer each is 100
    etc...

Yeah, and I know of places where there are two and three hundred deer being taken a year from one letting and the numbers aren't affected year to year. It's about cooperating to enact an effective cull plan between you and whoever else is shooting your ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭meathshooter1

Traumadoc wrote: »
    31 deer in the trailer, 25kg each 1.80 euro a kg , ...........1395 euro .

is it not illegal for a game dealer to accept 31 deer piled on top of each other, for reasons of cross contamination,I have never been in a game dealers but Ive done the haccp food hygine course for my own business.and the law is quite clear on this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

4gun wrote: »
    maybe they've no tax or insurance aswell:rolleyes:

Or DOE/NCT :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

bazza888 wrote: »
    yeah tack come to think of it the animal carcass disposal people were about the other day he had a small lorry with a tipper it was pretty full with 3cows and a pony in it!he needed a winch to get the pony in as it had go on top of the cows,31 deer would be a fair stack!

prob my old man drivin that bazza haha.8 cows is the most we got in that lorry.anything more and its serious overloading

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

it was getting pretty tight with the 3 of them in it,8 cows would be some load

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

twas some job.twas even worse in the snow and ice :-S

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jellybaby21

Yeah, and I know of places where there are two and three hundred deer being taken a year from one letting and the numbers aren't affected year to year. It's about cooperating to enact an effective cull plan between you and whoever else is shooting your ground.

I'm sorry but I find it hard to believe you can take that many deer year in year out from one place and not affect the numbers.But maybe I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Mauser 308

GixxerThou wrote: »
    They will not get licences again, I hear neither of them had licences anyway, lost them already.
    How were they shooting the deer then? was it just their deer hunting licence they lost not the firearms licence? Surley as the new firearms licences only came out this year they could not have a deer calibre without a deer permit. Maybe they were using something like a 223 or a similar. Surley when you are found guilty of an offence serious enough to loose your deer licence you should loose all firearms licences.

I imagine lettings or anywhere else that that can sustain that sort of shooting are few and far between. Being realistic is there any let that has that many deer shot legaly?

• Advertisement

Mauser 308 wrote: »
    I imagine lettings or anywhere else that that can sustain that sort of shooting are few and far between. Being realistic is there any let that has that many deer shot legaly?

It depends on circumstances and location. I'm sure not all can, but they exist. I know of estates which cull far, far more, but they're very large indeed. The population can be transitory, depending what the surrounding area is like.

It depends on circumstances and location. I'm sure not all can, but they exist. I know of estates which cull far, far more, but they're very large indeed. The population can be transitory, depending what the surrounding area is like.

By nature as we all know deer being hunted get shy, so any estate or let that is say even 10,000 acres will only have deer coming out at night if there are 200+ deer being shot a season. I have known people who claimed their Let was over run with Deer but in reality they were lamping all round in different areas using the theory of a great let to cover their tracks. I am open to be proved wrong but I honestly believe any let or large sized area that has 200+ deer shot a season is being lamped regulary.

Mauser 308 wrote: »
    By nature as we all know deer being hunted get shy, so any estate or let that is say even 10,000 acres will only have deer coming out at night if there are 200+ deer being shot a season. I have known people who claimed their Let was over run with Deer but in reality they were lamping all round in different areas using the theory of a great let to cover their tracks. I am open to be proved wrong but I honestly believe any let or large sized area that has 200+ deer shot a season is being lamped regulary.

They exist, and it does happen.

They exist, and it does happen.
    Fair enough, wish I could find one.

Advertisement