Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

TitianGerm wrote: »
    The Gravelord Sword needs demon titantie to upgrade. You'll get that from killing the demons and there's a few in chests throughout the game as well.

I'm using it on my strength build on Switch now and it mows enemies down. I killed both Gargoyles in four hits combined.

Edit: I think you'll have to two hand it with 18 strength.

Might try get the Gravelord Sword for now so. Had a look at the Balder sword and drop rate is something like 1%. Have 18 in Strength at the moment so think I'll start leveling Dex a bit so I've a bit more flexibility in what I want to use going forward. Might try Uchigatana and see how that feels if there isn't too high a dex requirement.

How you finding the Switch port? I'm thinking it might be handy for tipping away in handheld. I read somewhere you can pause it with the home button if playing offline which would be handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

skerry wrote: »
    Might try get the Gravelord Sword for now so. Had a look at the Balder sword and drop rate is something like 1%. Have 18 in Strength at the moment so think I'll start leveling Dex a bit so I've a bit more flexibility in what I want to use going forward. Might try Uchigatana and see how that feels if there isn't too high a dex requirement.

How you finding the Switch port? I'm thinking it might be handy for tipping away in handheld. I read somewhere you can pause it with the home button if playing offline which would be handy.

Yea it runs very well. I have it on PC as well and while the Switch obviously isn't as smooth as PC it's still a very good port.

Think it's £23 on Amazon at the moment.

Yea it runs very well. I have it on PC as well and while the Switch obviously isn't as smooth as PC it's still a very good port.

Think it's £23 on Amazon at the moment.

Picked it up on that Amazon deal the other day. On back order but I'm in no rush. I'm still emotionally scarred from the day I went in to Smyths and seen the Switch port marked down to 10 euro only to be told at the counter the didnt have the cart. Looking forward to trying the Switch port now. From what I gather its more in line with the look of the original but with a stable 30 fps

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Picked it up on that Amazon deal the other day. On back order but I'm in no rush. I'm still emotionally scarred from the day I went in to Smyths and seen the Switch port marked down to 10 euro only to be told at the counter the didnt have the cart. Looking forward to trying the Switch port now. From what I gather its more in line with the look of the original but with a stable 30 fps

It's a decent port, although i didn't enjoy playing it with the joy cons at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

If you managed to get a Balder Straight Sword to drop you could use that.

"If"

• Advertisement

Getting back into this again. Had picked up the Drake Sword a while back and still using that. Have just beat Capra Demon and headed for the depths. Can upgrade weapons now so what would be a decent replacement to the Drake Sword to start upgrading? I like the move set of the Drake but want to start using something that I can start upgrading, also I don't believe I can use resins with this thing. I'm trying to figure out if I need to pump souls into strength or dex but won't know until I figure what weapon I want to use long term

Unless you have your heart set on a glass cannon build, put points in to health and stamina first. It will give you time to find a weapon you like.

derfderf wrote: »
    "If"

It dropped for me from the very first Balder Knight I ever killed.

It dropped for me from the very first Balder Knight I ever killed.

I've never got it in any of my playthroughs, and I've played through a lot. Even tried farming with high humanity and the gold serpent ring, but it never appeared.

Picked up the Gravelord Sword after about 20 tries. Presume I need to 2 hand it. Is there anything important to be got from the Undead Merchant, picked up firebombs and bow/arrows but I want to try the Uchigatana so I plan to kill the chap soon and want to make sure I have anything I need

Picked up the Gravelord Sword after about 20 tries. Presume I need to 2 hand it. Is there anything important to be got from the Undead Merchant, picked up firebombs and bow/arrows but I want to try the Uchigatana so I plan to kill the chap soon and want to make sure I have anything I need

Two hand until you have 24 strength I think it is.

Buy arrows off him as I find them very handy to use to agro enemies to separate them. Get a good few firebombs as well if you want to cheese Capra Demon.

Edit: you need the Residence Key as well.

• Advertisement

Two hand until you have 24 strength I think it is.

Buy arrows off him as I find them very handy to use to agro enemies to separate them. Get a good few firebombs as well if you want to cheese Capra Demon.

Edit: you need the Residence Key as well.

Sound, im eager to try Uchigatana so will pick up those bits before I off him. I think the two boxes he sells are supposed to be useful so will get them too. If Uchigatana suits I might see how far I get with that. Its my first play through so I'm wondering should I stick to regular weapons. If I get my ass handed to me too much I can have Gravelord in reserve. Might see how a dex build feels. Started fresh on Switch and Have a strength type character on PS4 but only as far as the Capra Demon with him, who I cheesed cos the tiny arena was wrecking my head, I have no regrets

• Registered Users Posts: 15,261 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Uchigatana is an absolute beast when you dump your stats into Dex. Did plenty of runs with it.

You can leave him alive a he's handy there for arrows, you can access a katanta not long after there which will serve almost as well. I preferred how the Katana handled too tbh.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Uchigatana is an absolute beast when you dump your stats into Dex. Did plenty of runs with it.

Have it upgraded to +5 now so will see how I get on with Bell Gargoyles with it. Any suggestions on decent early armour for a dex build. I started with Warrior and still have the starting armor but wondering is there anything better I can pick up and start upgrading. My roll seems slow enough and I'm guessing for a dex build I should have more mobility

Mobility issues sorted. Picked up Havels Ring and booted the Golden Lad off the cliff for his ring so I'm fast rolling like a champ now. Just cleared out The Depths and Im at the bonfire ready to take the boss on but that's another night's work I think

Quick few questions on invasions lads. I've made my way down through Blighttown. Got lost a bit so ended up using a walkthrough which mentioned the NPC you can beat near the second bonfire in order to have her available to summon if needed for the boss fight. Haven't used summons on bosses yet and the plan it not to but figured no harm in having the option.

I'm playing on Switch and it was my first time becoming human in the play through so far. Within 2 minutes I was invaded by another player who kicked my ass. I can't remember who struck first but I think it was him. There was a bit of lag too so he kept magically materialising behind me for backstabs.

Is the assumption that for the most part any invaders are hostile and is there any way of knowing other than waiting to be creamed. Also, my Souls were still there to be retrieved afterwards, can the invader not take my Souls after beating me, my only other experience of this is Bloodborne where they were always taken. I noticed some green glowing orbs on the ground too that I never seen before, any idea on what these are?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You can collect you souls.

Red invaders are bad. You can summon people to your own game as well how can help you.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You can collect you souls.

Red invaders are bad. You can summon people to your own game as well how can help you.

This dude was red and Im pretty sure only there to act the asshole. Had a cool build though with a magic shield thing going on, wonder is there any way to check his build or level. I was a bit pissed I'd lost my souls but there they were ready to collect so I just tumbled around a poisonous swamp like an idiot to mop up any goodies before the boss fight

This dude was red and Im pretty sure only there to act the asshole. Had a cool build though with a magic shield thing going on, wonder is there any way to check his build or level. I was a bit pissed I'd lost my souls but there they were ready to collect so I just tumbled around a poisonous swamp like an idiot to mop up any goodies before the boss fight

I've just done Anor Londor so if you want a hand let me know. I think I'm around level 45 but will need to check

Wait you in blighttown ? That could have been maneater mildred so and not another player. There are scripted invasions if you have humanity used. They drop gear and in some cases can be summoned for bose fights. Mildred being one of them.

• Advertisement

I've just done Anor Londor so if you want a hand let me know. I think I'm around level 45 but will need to check

Sound. I've been managing not too bad so far with my dex build but will keep that in mind if I hit any walls. Presume I need to be friends with anyone I want to coop with. Must look into it, can fire on my code there if needed. No idea how online works in this game regards inviting people etc. and I'm sure knowing Nintendo that they've managed to make it more complicated than on other systems. Quellag tonight now so hoping she goes smoothly.

Wait you in blighttown ? That could have been maneater mildred so and not another player. There are scripted invasions if you have humanity used. They drop gear and in some cases can be summoned for bose fights. Mildred being one of them.

It was for Mildred that I became human and I beat her and then this player arrived on the scene. Hadn't become human before that and probably avoid it unless needed if its just gonna level 100+ people zipping in to wreck heads.

Keep picking this up for whats supposed to be a quick hour and end up playing for the night. On to Anor Londo now. Took a couple of goes to get through Sen's Fortress, don't want to see that area again. The boss was handy enough though. Really enjoying it though and dex build going well with Uchigatana.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭beans

Enjoy Anor Londo, fond memories of my first time through there

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Restarted again for the umpteenth time, forgot about the master key. Just found magic so having fun with the Wanderer

I can't remember if it warns you, but the ring of favour (gold lad's ring) breaks if you take it off.

derfderf wrote: »
    I can't remember if it warns you, but the ring of favour (gold lad's ring) breaks if you take it off.

Says it in the description alright. So I need to make sure that stays on cos I'm loving the fast rolls

beans wrote: »
    Enjoy Anor Londo, fond memories of my first time through there

Coolest looking location so far anyway. Blighttown and Sen's were a bit of a slog so I'm looking forward to a location that hopefully isn't riddled with traps or poison

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭beans

Coolest looking location so far anyway. Blighttown and Sen's were a bit of a slog so I'm looking forward to a location that hopefully isn't riddled with traps or poison

It's got a few surprises :D And some of the most enjoyable fights in the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

beans wrote: »
    It's got a few surprises :D And some of the most enjoyable fights in the game

Tbf, as good as it is, it also contains the worst part of any game ever. Actually I will go one further and say that it contains the single worst thing in any entertainment medium ever.

Advertisement