Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

ArthurG wrote: »
    So I’ve since finished DS2 which I really loved. Started 3 today and to be honest I’m really struggling. While I love the graphics and fluid battle it all seems too quick and not what I’m used to. Especially as a melee I’m really being punished. Hopefully will improve as I level up.

Ok forget that rubbish I said before. DS3 is possibly the greatest game I’ve ever played. For many teasons but a big one is FUGS.

I know PVP is a big of of Souls but I don’t really enjoy it, much prefer coop. So I don’t invade and usually when I am invaded I just panic and get killed in a few seconds by these ultra fast phantoms who seem impervious to my attacks.

Until yesterday. Doing Irythill of The Boreal Valley and got invaded. As usual was getting spanked within a few seconds then began swinging my FUGS around and that bitch went down screaming. Ohhhhh the satisfaction.

Please ignore my previous post re. PVP.

I'm now addicted to PVP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Ok forget that rubbish I said before. DS3 is possibly the greatest game I’ve ever played. For many teasons but a big one is FUGS.

I know PVP is a big of of Souls but I don’t really enjoy it, much prefer coop. So I don’t invade and usually when I am invaded I just panic and get killed in a few seconds by these ultra fast phantoms who seem impervious to my attacks.

Until yesterday. Doing Irythill of The Boreal Valley and got invaded. As usual was getting spanked within a few seconds then began swinging my FUGS around and that bitch went down screaming. Ohhhhh the satisfaction.

I made a glass cannon build of FUGS buffed with dark blade. Two hits and anyone went down (if i landed two i mean!)

So I tried this game a few years ago and quit in rage after a day or so.

Fast forward and I downloaded the remaster last week, and am having the time of my life. One shotted the gaping dragon yesterday (no summon), managed to get through Blight Town relatively unscathed, and am ready for the spider babe later today.

Haven't gotten into any coop or invading or anything like that yet, guess i'll aim just to finish the whole thing first.

So 2 months later I've finished DS1, 2 and 3. I'd say 3, after a bit of a tricky start (so fast!), is one of the best games I've ever played. I started Bloodborne over the weekend (that got about 2/3 hours of play when it first came out and was thrown out the window in sheer frustration), and one shotted Father Gasgoine. Its incredibly fast in comparison to even DS3, but have just about got the hang of it.

To think I'd sworn never to play these games.......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 129 ✭✭thetimeisnow

So 2 months later I've finished DS1, 2 and 3. I'd say 3, after a bit of a tricky start (so fast!), is one of the best games I've ever played. I started Bloodborne over the weekend (that got about 2/3 hours of play when it first came out and was thrown out the window in sheer frustration), and one shotted Father Gasgoine. Its incredibly fast in comparison to even DS3, but have just about got the hang of it.

To think I'd sworn never to play these games.......

DS3 is a little underrated , it doesnt get the praise it deserves however Bloodborne is the best game From software have done . Its the best game on the PS4 in my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

I'm doing a massive binge of these as well. Beat the remaster a while back but missed a lot of content. Did a ton of Dark Souls II (that game is really long). Loved half of it (easier to follow lore, the theme of everything happens in cycles, the weapons and Fume Knight), hated half of it (crap first half, crap ADP stat, most of the crap bosses).

Now I'm back to DS remastered again doing a glass cannon build with zweihander, went roly poly on Ornstein & Smough last night. Just started the DLC for the first time and beat the first boss but I'm a bit outgeared by the general mobs, the Zwei swings are too slow to handle the enemies here.

Thinking of pumping Int and Fth just to try out some of the more weird weapons this game has to offer, like Ornstein's spear or Artorios Greatsword

I realise this is blasphemy but I'm not really loving Bloodborne. Took a while to get into the flow of it which is fine and to be expected, and I enjoyed Yarnham / Old Yarnham and the Cathedral wards (and bosses), but having just trawled through the Forbidden Woods I don't really want to go back. I think it was the design of that area - dark, trees, few landmarks to guide you etc. Felt more like a chore than exciting exploration. Maybe I just need a break and go back in a week or so. I killed the boss as it happens (Shadow) but even so, wasn't terribly enjoyable or anything.

I love Bloodborne but the Woods are my least favourite section of the game. The bit just after (Byrgenwerth) is a watershed for major lore stuff that's worth pushing through to see (if you can make sense of what's even going on).

It also has maybe the best DLC package I've seen since Shivering Isles in terms of the value it offers in the form of gameplay, new bosses, new weapons, locations and expansion on the lore. Ludwig is the best From Software boss fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I realise this is blasphemy but I'm not really loving Bloodborne. Took a while to get into the flow of it which is fine and to be expected, and I enjoyed Yarnham / Old Yarnham and the Cathedral wards (and bosses), but having just trawled through the Forbidden Woods I don't really want to go back. I think it was the design of that area - dark, trees, few landmarks to guide you etc. Felt more like a chore than exciting exploration. Maybe I just need a break and go back in a week or so. I killed the boss as it happens (Shadow) but even so, wasn't terribly enjoyable or anything.

Its possible you're just getting jaded from soulsbornes, you finished DS1-3 in the last two months? Thats likely gonna take away from your enjoyment of bloodborne. I would have recommended a break and to play another game and come back at a later date, refreshed.

That said, the woods is unsettling and a nightmare to explore (the end part before the boss im talking), they really done a good job at making the player feel lost. It is the only zone in the soulsborne games that i can think of that was consistently difficult to navigate.. Actually blight town is up there, but that needed darkness to achieve..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Switch version out 19th October.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Switch version out 19th October.

Finally! Kinda glad it was delayed for purely selfish reasons.
    I platinumed the PS4 version when it was released so got a bit burnt out playing it. I should be good to go again by October!
    I also have the amibo pre-ordered too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Namco Bandai, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

DS3 is a little underrated , it doesnt get the praise it deserves however Bloodborne is the best game From software have done . Its the best game on the PS4 in my opinion
    I completely agree with Dark Souls 3. I think it's a better game than the first one purely because it doesn't have Blighttown, Bed of Chaos and Lost Izalith.

Bloodborne is my favourite though. Incredible game

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭letsgo2018

Is there anywhere I can go to ask for help as in people will go on line . No one is playing the game anymore so there are very few summon signs. I need help with that stupid bed of chaos boss

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

letsgo2018 wrote: »
    Is there anywhere I can go to ask for help as in people will go on line . No one is playing the game anymore so there are very few summon signs. I need help with that stupid bed of chaos boss
    There's a cheat for that boss.. If you take out the left side first and then save and quit and then reload the game its a lot easier. It's something like that anyways, it's a few years since I've played DS1

Summoning a helper wouldn't do much anyway, that is a catastrophically terrible boss. I think Miyazaki has even apologised for it

Just pray to RNGesus and hope you don't get pushed down a hole :):(

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Summoning a helper wouldn't do much anyway, that is a catastrophically terrible boss. I think Miyazaki has even apologised for it

Just pray to RNGesus and hope you don't get pushed down a hole :):(

The lads on Prepare To Try just did him this week. Go to 29:00 on the video. So many failed attempts :pac:

https://youtu.be/R2vmENYR3Jo

I've cheesed it on every run after my first play through, as said look up the quitting out method on the wiki. It's not worth the blood pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

letsgo2018 wrote: »

You know HOW to defeat it right ?
    It's all about followin a certain path..no fighting necessary.
    The biggest pain is the run back to the boss if you die

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

there is also a vid on youtube
    which is technically not cheating because you don't quid and leave after taking down a side first.

Basically you run into the middle first, its guarded by a shield until you take down the right and left side, so you throw a bomb in a specific way on both sides then the middle opens up and you continue on.

• Advertisement

How do you save solaire

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

You’ve it kil the chaos bug before it infects him. Never managed myself though,

You need to open the Lost Izalith short cut from the chaos servant covenant and kill the chaos bugs . Theres 9 of them.

In order to open the door you have to be level 2 with the covenant which requires giving her 30 humanity in total.

You need to do all that before entering lost Izalith.

Any reason why Solaires Summon sign isnt at its supposed to be Anor Londo Location

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Have you not beaten O&S already? Pretty sure you cant summon in areas you've beaten the boss

Have you not beaten O&S already? Pretty sure you cant summon in areas you've beaten the boss

No

Are you human?

Are you human?

yes

• Advertisement

Been contemplating attempting a SL1run on this. I've never tried it in any of the games and this is as good a place to start. Many here done it? Pyromancy the best class to go with?

Advertisement