Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

You don't have a catalyst yet????? There's a few lying around as treasue, did you free mage down in the lower undead burg(where the thieves and dogs are)?

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/spell-tools

• Registered Users Posts: 19,990 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

:o bought one off the lad before new londo ! i missed so much just going too quick through it this time. going to pump some souls into intelligence and dex for a while, then i will murder them for my fire keepers soul back. i nearly had him this time !

Just run around the upstairs and get the guys to split up, they split up fairly easy.

So all excited, finally the darkwraiths, queelags fury sword+5 and 12 humanity, 2 fairly solid looking summons and I jump for 4 king just as I realised I've yet to fight sif baaahhhh!!!!!..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,990 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

haha , or i took off the ring when i was after falling down to fight them thinking i did not need it anymore, i just sank through the floor :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Just bought the game on PC. I wanted the new content but the zero FPS drops in Blighttown sold it for me.

Ok so whats the best talisman for a faith\dex build, in particular for the sunlight blade, or its damage fixed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Ok so whats the best talisman for a faith\dex build, in particular for the sunlight blade, or its damage fixed?

The Canvas Talisman is the one to go for unless your going with 40+ FAI then its the Darkmoon I think.

I think there's some quirk with FAI scaling but as far as I know the buff spells do scale.

Never really got into a FAI build so I'm not 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

just went through the Painted World there the other day and when I got to the bird at the end I just jumped back to Anor Londo without fighting her. Wondering if I should go back and give her a scrap or not. What you guys reckon?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

djkeogh wrote: »
    just went through the Painted World there the other day and when I got to the bird at the end I just jumped back to Anor Londo without fighting her. Wondering if I should go back and give her a scrap or not. What you guys reckon?

Kill
    King Jeremiah
    first, then go after Priscilla.

• Advertisement

Woohoo i loves my dark armour set, paired with ornsteins chestplate it looks pretty cool. 4 kings was pretty tough at the lowish level, beatrice was bloody useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

F1ngers wrote: »
    Kill
    King Jeremiah
    first, then go after Priscilla.

Cheers, I had to google him as I'd not come across him and was pretty sure I'd been in most areas. I really must spend more time in Human form as it seems as though I'm missing alot by being Hollow 90% of the time.

Well that was a kick in the knackers finally got faith to 30, tested my sunlight blade on an enemy with my washing pole 15 and was well impressed almost doubled the damage, a guy invades I go to use my sunlight blade again and nothing, 1 bloody casting it gives, wtf come on gimme a break.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

lads im trying to get queelags fury sword or what ever it is
    ive got a +10 curved sword
    but how to i make it into her sword? like do i just click on her soul? or go to a blacksmith
    or do i need a chaos ascend to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Well that was a kick in the knackers finally got faith to 30, tested my sunlight blade on an enemy with my washing pole 15 and was well impressed almost doubled the damage, a guy invades I go to use my sunlight blade again and nothing, 1 bloody casting it gives, wtf come on gimme a break.

Just use gold pine resin instead its the same effect. :)

Not a hope, with the 30 faith it significantly increases the damage output. Although i started using the dark moon catalyst(scales off faith) and great magic weapon, does'nt do as much damage as sunlight blade but i get 3 castings.

Saiint for queeleags sword, only the smithy in anor lnado can make boss soul weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Not a hope, with the 30 faith it significantly increases the damage output. Although i started using the dark moon catalyst(scales off faith) and great magic weapon, does'nt do as much damage as sunlight blade but i get 3 castings.

Saiint for queeleags sword, only the smithy in anor lnado can make boss soul weapons.

Oh Sunlight Blade scales with your talisman now :eek:.. I'm 99% sure Sunlight Blade didn't do that pre patch because I remember building and testing my faith build a load of times and Pine resin vs sunlight was barely noticeable. The guide also listed it as the same effect, but the guide also listed all the wrong weapons for the knights honor achievement :mad:

Deadly that it is better though. I might start trying it more often and would have too if I had known. What about Darkmoon blade and Sunlight blade? It would have to be a second playthrough but I'm guessing both would work once your a covenant member? would mean two castings per invasion.

Good work around with the dark moon catalyst, I did something similar with my 2nd faith guy but wanted to make a Grant build in the cleric armor. It was my favorite for playing through the game (makes a mess of nearly every boss) but was a bit ****ty for pvp. But I gave up on pvp anyway. Full of hacks with 20 wrath of the gods and other assorted bull****e.

Excaliburhc just sent this onto me. Genius!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

Excaliburhc just sent this onto me. Genius!!!

That's class.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,244 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Haha.

"Sshhh now...sshhhh..Darrk Soouuls"

• Advertisement

Though the new londo bit was hilarious because i did pretty much the same first playthrough.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭excaliburhc

saiint wrote: »
    lads im trying to get queelags fury sword or what ever it is
    ive got a +10 curved sword
    but how to i make it into her sword? like do i just click on her soul? or go to a blacksmith
    or do i need a chaos ascend to do it?

you need to take your sword to the blacksmith in anor lando - he is the only one that is able to ascend weapons with the special souls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

This game pisses on skyrim

A combination of both would quite possibly the greatest game ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

This game pisses on skyrim

No it doesn't and vice versa. I hate stupid ignorant comments like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

No it doesn't and vice versa. I hate stupid ignorant comments like this.

He's posting his opinion, how is that ignorant in any way? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Big Knox wrote: »
    He's posting his opinion, how is that ignorant in any way? :confused:

Because Skyrim is a fantastic game and totally different to Dark Souls. It's like saying New Super Mario Bros pisses all over Rayman Origins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Because Skyrim is a fantastic game and totally different to Dark Souls. It's like saying New Super Mario Bros pisses all over Rayman Origins.

In your opinion it's a fantastic game. He probably doesn't think so and he's entitled to his opinion as much as you. ;)

Anyone here finish the new content? Is it up to the same standard as the rest of the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭crybaby

have they released a patch for this yet?

I'm tempted to buy it now after reading through this thread but don't really fancy having to go through the fix thing

• Advertisement

Big Knox wrote: »
    Anyone here finish the new content? Is it up to the same standard as the rest of the game?

Bosses are a hell of alot tougher than the main game, first section isn't great but the 2nd and 3rd sections are great.

Advertisement