Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Elimination Chamber 2011 PPV - Pre-Show Thread *Spoilers*

Options
  • 01-02-2011 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,868 ✭✭✭✭

ec11.jpg

Source
    WWE Title Match:
    -The Miz (C) vs. Jerry Lawler

Raw Elimination Chamber Match:
    -Participants: John Cena, R-Truth, King Sheamus, John Morrison, Randy Orton and CM Punk. The winner will get a WWE Title shot at WrestleMania

SmackDown Elimination Chamber Match:
    -Participants: TBD

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

is there definitely a SD match? they already have Champion and Challenger.:(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

jaykhunter wrote: »

Edge will have to defend in the chamber the champion after this event will face the Rumble Winner
    (Del Rio)
    i'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 85,868 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Vickie might try and strip Edge of his title since he used the spear at RR so the new WHC champion could be crowned at EC or else given to Dolph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

jaykhunter wrote: »

That champion is not set in stone yet.
    Edge just said on Raw that he would be champion at Mania. It is not an official match yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

king v miz - what the hell has happened to the wwe

• Advertisement

there are a lot more than one, but my biggest problem with this match is that combined with Raw's no.1 contender chamber line-up the only potential WM main event match that makes any sense is Cena vs The Miz (c). Now that may be a decent match/Angle but there should be some question in peoples minds about the outcome.

I mean can you really see Lawler going into WM as champ and face one of the 6 men whom he has no beef with. Lawler will tell a good story in the match though and imo some could be surprised by the quality of the match, like in their recent TLC match but that wont make people think this is a good decision

Edge will have to defend in the chamber the champion after this event will face the Rumble Winner
    (Del Rio)
    i'd imagine

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/matches/

World Heavyweight Champion Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio for the title seems to be set for WM already so I dont know whats the deal with the WHC title match at the EC :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

Prob a set up for Cole and A-Ri to interfere setting up a Mania match for the King

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

According to the WWE section of Skysports.com, Elimination Chamber is scheduled to air live on Sky Sports HD1/1.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/matches/

World Heavyweight Champion Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio for the title seems to be set for WM already so I dont know whats the deal with the WHC title match at the EC :confused:

*Card subject to change* They can and will change it if they want or need to.

Still, this is annoyingly being built as one of the most predictable PPVs ever. Good thing it's free over here <_<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

*Card subject to change* They can and will change it if they want or need to.

Still, this is annoyingly being built as one of the most predictable PPVs ever. Good thing it's free over here <_<

Ya - No Way Out/Elimination Chamber is often one of the best pay-per-views of the year, with WM plans still not glaringly obvious and plenty room for surprises. This years does seem fairly predictable at this stage. The teaser for the 2/22/11 the following night is far more intriguing at this stage.

In hindsight maybe they would have been better off having Cena win the Rumble, then put the title shot on the line versus CM Punk at EC in
    a proper blow-off to their feud. The SD EC match would then be far less predictable.

Alternatively, they could have done less to telegraph the 3 big matches at WM at this early stage.

SmackDown Elimination Chamber Match for WHC Title

Participants:-

Edge
    Rey Mysterio
    Kane
    Wade Barrett
    Drew McIntyre
    Dolph Ziggler

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    SmackDown Elimination Chamber Match for WHC Title

Participants:-

Edge
    Rey Mysterio
    Kane
    Wade Barrett
    Drew McIntyre
    Dolph Ziggler
    Its pretty obvious what the world title matches at WM will be now but only a few weeks ago I remember reading that this is what would happen at WM:
    mysterio would win the WHC at elimination chamber and go on to face Del Rio at WM

Then Edge:
    would have his match versus christian at WM

Or is that going to happen after WM?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

A
    Edge v Christian
    singles match needs more build as just having
    Christian
    cost him the WHC at EC makes no sense

Also has
    Del Rio vs Mysterio
    not been done to death already

Tinie wrote: »
    Its pretty obvious what the world title matches at WM will be now but only a few weeks ago I remember reading that this is what would happen at WM:
    mysterio would win the WHC at elimination chamber and go on to face Del Rio at WM

Then Edge:
    would have his match versus christian at WM

Or is that going to happen after WM?

I can see Cody somehow attacking Rey so he wont win the EC match therefore setting up Cody V Rey for WM

It will be Edge V Del Rio at WM and maybe Vickie will add in Ziggler also

Taker is on the Raw the night after the EC so he could show up at the EC and take out Kane and Barrett maybe

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

That's a lot of interference Liz!

DM-ICE wrote: »
    That's a lot of interference Liz!

Rey has already hinted his is doing a match at WM with Cody hence my thinking Cody will take him out in the EC PPV somehow

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Does he need too though? There will still be six weeks to go after Elimination Chamber to set up matches for Mania so I wouldn't expect much interference if any at the PPV. I'd guess Cody will turn up wearing a mask on Smackdown and Cody will challenge Rey outright.

I would have Guessed HHH could possibly return to get at Sheamus but I am doubtful there will be any returns at EC considering the 2 21 11 promos for the next night.

Tbh I really dont see the point of this ppv we know Lawler isnt winning and the WM card all ready seems set Punk V Orton, Edge V Del Rio for WHC title, Cena V Miz for the WWE title :(

Maybe the Nxt Season 4 winner's tag title match with his pro will also be added to the card or a tag team from Corre or Nexus will challenge Santino and Kozlov

WWE has officially added Alberto Del Rio vs Kofi Kingston to this Sunday's Elimination Chamber PPV

So the card so far is:-

WWE Title Match:
    -The Miz (c) vs. Jerry Lawler

Raw Elimination Chamber Match:
    -Participants: John Cena, R-Truth, King Sheamus, John Morrison, Randy Orton and CM Punk. The winner will get a WWE Title shot at WrestleMania.

SmackDown Elimination Chamber Match For the WWE World Title:
    -Participants: Edge (C), Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett, Drew McIntyre, Rey Mysterio and Kane.

-Kofi Kingston vs. Alberto Del Rio

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

If Ziggler is out of the Chamber i'm thinking Jericho or Christian might replace him. If its someone like Cody Rhodes it'd be a kick in the nuts in comparison.Hope it isn't Taker i'm kinda sick of his dated gimmick & he had shocking matches after summerslam when he returned too early last year.

GTR63 wrote: »
    If Ziggler is out of the Chamber i'm thinking Jericho or Christian might replace him. If its someone like Cody Rhodes it'd be a kick in the nuts in comparison.Hope it isn't Taker i'm kinda sick of his dated gimmick & he had shocking matches after summerslam when he returned too early last year.

If Christian was ready it could be a way to build Edge vs Christian vs Del Rio for mania, what with Del Rio being the one to have taken out Christian aswell as being the Rumble winner. Ziggler off to Raw hmmm cant imagine its a good time to move if so, he could get lost in the already started WM shuffle and at best hope for a MITB match or to represent Micael Cole vs Lawler.

I think Vickie will try and get Ziggler back in the EC match if not him then Cody or Taker seems likely to take the spot but since Taker is Raw the following night I dont he will be in the SD chamber match

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

at best hope for a MITB match or to represent Micael Cole vs Lawler.

Make sense booking wise due to the amount of shots Lawler's taken at Vicki

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

GTR63 wrote: »

I can't see it being Taker tbh; he can't win, given Del Rio vs Taker wouldn't make sense at this stage, and he can't lose his first match back...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

lads is this a pay pre view event or sky showing it on normal sports channel ?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,414 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

ROCKMAN wrote: »

normal sports channel, can't remember which one off the top of my head, but it is def on one of the sports channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

normal sports channel, can't remember which one off the top of my head, but it is def on one of the sports channels.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

ROCKMAN wrote: »

Sky Sports HD1/1 are showing it:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

If Ziggler isn't in the Elimination Chamber match, my money would be on Big Show to replace him.

Advertisement