Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PVR Queries, Questions, Advice, etc

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

So had a go there at recording a short vid off the xbox in the M2TS format,like 6 minutes or something,loaded it into some video editing software after and the file was
    1920x1080x12 29.970fps
    Is this right or was I meant to change some setting to 720 beforehand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Steoo_G

Use adverts.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Steoo_G wrote: »
    Adverts.ie
    Ok, first, that's a terrible deal, you must be having a laugh!

Second, use Adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Lads just wondering, for connecting the PVR to your pc,the hauppauge HD one for example does your pc itself need to have a HD port?.Or how is it connected.

Just USB

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 St3

Have a problem were the colors on my pc are off.Red is green for example and ive lines accross the screen.Was in 1080i,tried all the other options 480,720 and 1080P no change.Looking at it in the capture module on my PC though and its perfect quality.Suggestions ?

What are you using to record?

And what are the specs of your PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Could it be a component cable issue?

🤪

Hauppauge HD PVR,Just tried a different HD component cable there no change.Ill get the specs now but it would hardly be that if its looking perfect on the PC?

It doesn't look perfect on the PC though as you said yourself. Only the preview, which is not as high a quality as the RAW file

Do you have any codecs installed?

• Advertisement

No it is perfect on the PC
    http://yfrog.com/h449620949j
    Contrast

Kinda of a noob at this.Did a google of codecs ( to check what they are ) and ye Ive stuff like divx etc from what Im reading codecs are and prob a lot more.Any in particular you mean ?

No other ideas lads no ?

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

Had a look at your pic..
    Is hard to see - suggest you take another with some light on in the room as there is a lot of camera shake.. also if you can take 2 shots - 1 of each monitor so we can compare full screen..

Anyways - from what you have it looks strange.. Am assuming xbox to TV is on the right, and computer is on the left. I see 2 issues.
    1. You're getting a streak of red where it looks grey on the TV screen.
    2. at the bottom the gradation of colour looks more grey than it should.

Hate to suggest - but are you sure you ave everything connected in right - i.e. the right colour cable to the connector on the back of the PVR. is easy to just mix up one.

DemoniK wrote: »
    Had a look at your pic..
    Is hard to see - suggest you take another with some light on in the room as there is a lot of camera shake.. also if you can take 2 shots - 1 of each monitor so we can compare full screen..

Anyways - from what you have it looks strange.. Am assuming xbox to TV is on the right, and computer is on the left. I see 2 issues.
    1. You're getting a streak of red where it looks grey on the TV screen.
    2. at the bottom the gradation of colour looks more grey than it should.

Hate to suggest - but are you sure you ave everything connected in right - i.e. the right colour cable to the connector on the back of the PVR. is easy to just mix up one.

Yup gone over it a dozen times.Even swapped Blue and Green incase i became color blind in the last hour haha :P.ill take two seperate pics now.

Pluged every single thing out and back in again.Working :D.Dunno how but its fixed haha :P

haha - come'on - admit which one you had plugged in wrong ;)

Glad it's working for you now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Amazing how plugging it out and back in again works 90% of the time. Worked for me last night when I was getting no signal (and was sure that everything was correct) :D

🤪

Has any1 heard of a game that resets your display settings?
    For example I can record/play the likes of fight night champion,call of duty on 1080i no problem but when I put in the new pro evolution 2012 is changes my display settings from 1080i to 576i,anyone ever heard if this?
    Also I should point if I change to my hdmi cable pro evolution plays perfectly fine at 1080p

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Has any1 heard of a game that resets your display settings?
    For example I can record/play the likes of fight night champion,call of duty on 1080i no problem but when I put in the new pro evolution 2012 is changes my display settings from 1080i to 576i,anyone ever heard if this?
    Also I should point if I change to my hdmi cable pro evolution plays perfectly fine at 1080p

Happens on a lot of games.

You don't mention which COD - but I'm assuming it's BLOPS cos it has some code to upscale it's video to match your output (well, that's what I've noticed).
    But typically any other game will reduce down the resolution to match what it's been rendered to - and yep, this can be as low as 576i

You say it plays perfectly fine at 1080p - are you sure? Your TV could be down switching to 576i (it won't tell you) or it could be upscaling.

Happens on a lot of games.

You don't mention which COD - but I'm assuming it's BLOPS cos it has some code to upscale it's video to match your output (well, that's what I've noticed).
    But typically any other game will reduce down the resolution to match what it's been rendered to - and yep, this can be as low as 576i

You say it plays perfectly fine at 1080p - are you sure? Your TV could be down switching to 576i (it won't tell you) or it could be upscaling.

If it was reducing down the resolution to match what it's been rendered to then would it not reduce my hdmi output to 576i to?
    Ya BLOPS and Modern warfare 2,also with pro evo apart from the noticeable difference on screen,there's also a display box on the tv that says what the screen is outputting so when the hdmi cable is in its says pro evo is at 1080i hd(which you can tell it is) and when I change to component the display box says 576i sd(which you can definately tell it is).

• Advertisement

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    If it was reducing down the resolution to match what it's been rendered to then would it not reduce my hdmi output to 576i to?
    Ya BLOPS and Modern warfare 2,also with pro evo apart from the noticeable difference on screen,there's also a display box on the tv that says what the screen is outputting so when the hdmi cable is in its says pro evo is at 1080i hd(which you can tell it is) and when I change to component the display box says 576i sd(which you can definately tell it is).

Could be your TV doesn't support upscaling on the component inputs...

You don't mention which console..
    xbox?
    If so then it has an upscaler on it's HDMI output.. Not sure about component.

Could be your TV doesn't support upscaling on the component inputs...

You don't mention which console..
    xbox?
    If so then it has an upscaler on it's HDMI output.. Not sure about component.

I'm on the ps3,just weird that pro evo seems to be the only game it happens too.(All cods,battlefield,ea mma,fight night work grand).
    Also I have a xbox,everything works ok on that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Happens me on the Battlefield games only.Everything else gets upscaled to 1080 but with BF it downscales it.I'm using component

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Kingpin187

question on editing guys

Example: record one whole game, only want one small clip from it.. do you have to render the whole video before you can cut that one part out?

No, you can simply select the area you want to render withing Sony Vegas / Windows Movie Maker (Whatever) and render that section :)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Kingpin187

Cheers Tallon

Will be getting Vegas tomorrow I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Quick question lads.

I tried deleting part of a clip I recorded, but when I cut a bit out and then I drag it back together it brings back the footage I've deleted.

I used to be able do this as well and all any ideas? :( Sony vegas btw.

I got it schoolboy error I was doing. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Prob been asked a 1000 times. Easiest way to use a PVR with a standard monitor

Assuming you mean VGA, then No easy way

A Component to VGA splitter will lag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

I think he has a hdmi moniter. Almost sure 'fear moho' has a converter he uses to record. He's a pro MLG player so it couldn't be too bad

Advertisement