Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PVR Queries, Questions, Advice, etc

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Tallon wrote: »
    Why did you buy a PVR if you're going to be playinh in Standard Definition?

Buy some xbox component cables, that will sort your problem, and give you a much much better picture

Do you want to some form of ticketing system for answering these? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 PredaToRxReCoN

does anyone know where i can get a reasonably priced HD PVr?

The main site is the best place

You could try ebay, but it's rare to get a cheap one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 PredaToRxReCoN

ok cool thanks for the help :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

So... Bit of an odd xboxy question but might as well ask :) I was thinking about doing a few pvr recordings while recording(edit: commentaries while recording) (I know how to do them afterwards and all that jazz ;) )... Would you say you could hook up one of these splitter cables 21r7ZynRbhL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

to a headset & the second output to a pc mic in to record live...? (Headset uses 3.5mm from the controller) It seems like it would work, was just wondering if anybody has tried it :)

Thats actually a really good idea

I wonder if it would work

When I do it, I just use a video camera and sync them afterwords, but that looks like it would be much handier

I'm not sure if that'd work.

I use a mixing desk and 2 mikes for live commentary (I record live tournaments mostly).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

So... Bit of an odd xboxy question but might as well ask :) I was thinking about doing a few pvr recordings while recording(edit: commentaries while recording) (I know how to do them afterwards and all that jazz ;) )... Would you say you could hook up one of these splitter cables 21r7ZynRbhL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

to a headset & the second output to a pc mic in to record live...? (Headset uses 3.5mm from the controller) It seems like it would work, was just wondering if anybody has tried it :)
    Just to let you guys know, this worked :D there's a buzz if you've the controller plugged in a play and charge kit though

Edit: I'm using a 1 male to 2 female though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

there's a buzz if you've the controller plugged in a play and charge kit though

Yea, if you're plugged into the Xbox at all, be it from Play and Charge, or a wired controller - you will get a bit of feedback from the USB connection through your mic into the PC.

Ideally use a charged wireless controller when doing this sort of thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Thinking about doing a bit of recording on the x box. You've probably been already asked this question a million times but what is the best recording device? I don't have a huge budget so something that gives a decent 360p should do the job for me. The simpler the better because I'm not very well up on these things :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Are there any cheap capture cards that use a HDMI input?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

zero19 wrote: »
    Are there any cheap capture cards that use a HDMI input?

Unless something new has come out, the only option is the Blackmagic Intensity Pro, which will go for at least €200.

Ok, i found and old easycap I have from a while ago. I plugged in everything like it said in the video on the stickied thread. Only problem is when I go to record, in the settings when I try to change the source it won't let me. Is it not picking my easycap up? All I can get is the camera on the laptop. I would try on someone elses laptop but I lost the disc . .
    Help would be appreciated

Are you using windows 7?

Yep

Easycap has a tendancy to not work with W7

feck, anything I can do about it?

I don't think so, Installing XP as a second OS is what I would suggest

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Just a quick question,some guys were saying if you don't order off the official hauppage site you may end up with an older model

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/3949026/art/hauppauge/pvr-1304-high-definition.html

Like is that above an older model?
    I'd order off hauppage but I've only got paypal and no credit card.

• Advertisement

01212 Is the latest model...

Hauppauge will provide the best support too.

As for the CC, I wouldn't let that be your only buying factor, surely you can give someone the cash if they put it on their card?

01212 Is the latest model...

Hauppauge will provide the best support too.

As for the CC, I wouldn't let that be your only buying factor, surely you can give someone the cash if they put it on their card?

Yes I could but I hate asking though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

I've the same problem as Perrin, don't have a CC. Only paypal, bank transfer and a laser card. FFFUUUUUUU. I wanted to buy off the official site but was gutted when I found out it was CC only

Just a quick question there guys,pvr hooked up via the component cables and all that and works fine,can see the preview on my laptop but once I put in my hdmi cable from my xbox to the tv the preview screen goes black.
    Does that mean I can only play and record at the same time via the component cables and my hdmi connection has to be left out?

Yeah, can can't play with hdmi

Component is hdmi anyway, so get an xbox to component cable and play that way

Just on the topic of keeping the file size down people are saying 720p is fine.

So what exactly do I set to 720p? my xbox output is set to 1080p,the default setting on the pvr is set to source resolution 1920x1080 @30 frames or is this setting used for rendering?

(I'll take over this thread soon)

If you save your files as M2TS (Which is best) then it will display as 1080i, but when you start recording, it will actually record in 720p iirc

O Tallon your so wise,You're like a minature Buddha

I'll do that and report back.

If you save your files as M2TS (Which is best) then it will display as 1080i, but when you start recording, it will actually record in 720p iirc

This is what mine does all right but that's in macland :D

• Advertisement

And Bill gates land too :D

Advertisement