Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

got 10euro left out of dole-Need to get Drunk

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Dein wrote: »
    only got a tenner left,anyone know what i can buy for 10 euro that will get me smashed up??
    I'd say a hammer would do the trick

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

Ah Lidl

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

500ML cans of Galahad Lager 75c each in Aldi,that should get you drunk today.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Hamiltonion

As a student I'm in my element here, Go to Tesco. 2 bottles of El Chugaro @E4 each (not actually a bad wine) and that'll leave you with E2 for beer, you'll get two cans if you watch the promotions.

2 bottles of wine = 14 units
    2 cans = 4 units
    18 units = Hammered

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭Cranky Mc Funhouse

the_pits wrote: »
    My brother was manager of a bar in England, he told me that they got loads of students in at weekend, they would buy one quid cocktails that use to come in test tubes, pour it into the palms and them sort it thro their nose, instant hit, straight to brain, job done :D
    Are you high right now?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭pat1981

8 x guiness 500ml.
    or
    8 x budweiser 500ml
    €10 special offer
    Dunnes stores

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Why not spend the tenner on something with value. What's the point of getting stupidly and dangerously drunk on something you'd despise if you saw it in a wino's hand? You'll feel like crap tomorrow and if you're drinking to forget it will be still be there only you'll feel twice as miserable.

[/mammy rant]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Glad to see the dole is getting well spent anyway. Cheap cider is your best bet. At least you'll look the part too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

k_mac wrote: »
    Glad to see the dole is getting well spent anyway. Cheap cider is your best bet. At least you'll look the part too.
    For all you know he could have spent all the rest on kids or anything and saved a tenner for himself.

• Advertisement

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    For all you know he could have spent all the rest on kids or anything and saved a tenner for himself.

So? The dole should be spent entirely on essentials. That's what it's for. If you want disposable income get a job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Lol at the "Get a job" comments pretending this is 2007...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

So? The dole should be spent entirely on essentials. That's what it's for. If you want disposable income get a job.

Funny thing is, people with jobs don't have disposable income!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Yeah all he wants to do is get smashed off his face.Wont somebody think of the children..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Brew your own. Have a bottle of mead fermenting in the wardrobe now. Will be done this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Methylated spirits.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Why not spend the tenner on something with value. What's the point of getting stupidly and dangerously drunk on something you'd despise if you saw it in a wino's hand? You'll feel like crap tomorrow and if you're drinking to forget it will be still be there only you'll feel twice as miserable.

[/mammy rant]

So you are not "up for anything" then? I hereby call for either banning or name change for false advertising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Bierre D'or in Tesco.

20 x 250ml bottles = 10 Litres.

Price: €8

Not bad tasting either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Confab wrote: »
    Brew your own. Have a bottle of mead fermenting in the wardrobe now. Will be done this week.

Ha thats pretty cool.runs to google search making mead:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Copper23

Dein wrote: »
    only got a tenner left,anyone know what i can buy for 10 euro that will get me smashed up??

Good to see my taxes are going to good use.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Steady on, we don't know for certain the dude's a paedo.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭macquarie

€10 is more than enough to get sozzled in Ireland, in Lidl there's some lager that is 4 cans for €3.09, you could get 12 cans and still have change. It's not bad stuff either.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    Bierre D'or in Tesco.

20 x 250ml bottles = 10 Litres.

Price: €8

Not bad tasting either.
    :eek:

With those Maths skills, you could be a banker! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Copper23 wrote: »
    Good to see my taxes are going to good use.
    Do you think people on the dole during this time of mass unemployment shouldn't be allowed have €10 worth of booze?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Aldi are doing 12 cans of Galahad for 7.99,not the nicest tasting beer but not the worst either,if you drink them quickly enough they'll definitely get you locked.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

/starts chant of devils bit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

So you are not "up for anything" then? I hereby call for either banning or name change for false advertising.

Up for anything as long as it has to do with spoiling people's fun. I'd change my name if it didn't cost money. There's a thought! The OP could do a good deed and pay for my name change. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Londis have some decent Polish beer for a fiver (4 cans). Just turn around the can, pinch a hole in the bottom, open your mouth and then open the lid.

Tried and tested in Germany ;)

Dudess wrote: »
    Do you think people on the dole during this time of mass unemployment shouldn't be allowed have €10 worth of booze?

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Yes

What about 100 euros worth?:pac:

Advertisement