Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC Visa Refusal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stephencillian

On the details of intended work we do not need to put anything in the boxes, i check my app and i have left them all blank, so try skipping that and moving onto education/employment, make sure cv matchs employment.

ok you got there b4 me lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 jnathan512

Final question for the family form, do i select application for work or other

jnathan512 wrote: »
    Final question for the family form, do i select application for work or other

I chose the work option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 jnathan512

all done and sent off, hopefully this time round it will go through and then toronto here i come

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭CliodhnaB

On the details of intended work we do not need to put anything in the boxes, i check my app and i have left them all blank, so try skipping that and moving onto education/employment, make sure cv matchs employment.

Just realised a mistake on my visa application of previous work and my cv... put the name of the company on visa and place i worked cv... how bad is that :(
    the company own the place i worked.... oh dear just what i needed.. only sent it yesterday! also there was a small typo in the year on my cv.. never been so annoyed wit myself before :(

CliodhnaB wrote: »
    Just realised a mistake on my visa application of previous work and my cv... put the name of the company on visa and place i worked cv... how bad is that :(
    the company own the place i worked.... oh dear just what i needed.. only sent it yesterday! also there was a small typo in the year on my cv.. never been so annoyed wit myself before :(

I would try not to worry (easier said than done) I made mistakes on my CV but they passed it. You were meant to put exact dates but I only put year and month and it went through ok whereas other people had there rejected for the same thing so i guess it depends whose checkin ur visa app.

I would thing if you pass the first stage in paris that it will go through no problem but dont hold me to that.
    Keep me posted as to how you get on

jnathan512 wrote: »
    all done and sent off, hopefully this time round it will go through and then toronto here i come

Just gettin back now, any word on ur visa app?? hope it went well.

I worked myself into a mess and noticed a mistake on my family cic form- never put in addresses.. mind u i went through it sooo many times!
    So I have prepared for the worst applied for a new kit have it all filled out and ready to go. It hasnt been received yet.. so im just anxious to get it back! adding another 2 weeks to the process.. Hopefully itll be quick once i send the proper one off!

Any idea on how many visas are left.. thats my biggest fear!!! :mad:

I worked myself into a mess and noticed a mistake on my family cic form- never put in addresses.. mind u i went through it sooo many times!
    So I have prepared for the worst applied for a new kit have it all filled out and ready to go. It hasnt been received yet.. so im just anxious to get it back! adding another 2 weeks to the process.. Hopefully itll be quick once i send the proper one off!

Any idea on how many visas are left.. thats my biggest fear!!! :mad:

I keep checkin through the sites and it doesnt say how many spots are left or when it will finish, but last year i no the allocated number to ireland for WHP's ended in may.

This year im thinkin because its all done direct it will take longer for the places to fill as with usit and other programs once you join them they keep ur place until you have all your forms completed correctly even after you get refused.

• Advertisement

did the numbers increase up to 5000 for irish citizens this year? or was it always that amount?

did the numbers increase up to 5000 for irish citizens this year? or was it always that amount?

last year it was 4000 this year it has gone up to 5000.

Now saying that last year they gave away something like 4500 visas so i think this year they could do something similar. I think i read on this that if other countries with the same program do not fill quota then there places are distributed with the remaining countries. (Not 100% if this is true)

Fingers crossed i get a visa.. Because i dunno what ill do otherwise..

ah dont even talk i was goin spare thinkin about wat if's. But until you hear anythin back there's nothin ya can do, so plenty of vodka an ul be grand lol

Where do you plan on travelling to?

Ah here near more then a double vodka at this stage!!! Just withered from it all :( All going well hope to go to Vancouver.. What about yourself?

Also do they remove the application kit download when they reach a certain quota? i downloaded a new one just to be sure! Or how are we aware when the visas are gone? Sorry for all the questions!! :o

its def tight going waitin on the nice people of the Canadian embassy to get back to ya lol. But 9 times out off 10 all the worrying is for nothing, so im hopin this is right for you.
    I only had mine accepted on the 17/05 but on my email it says ive to enter canada before the 11/05/12 which means its been sitting for a week without them sending it through.

Im heading to Edmonton ive family there so hopin if all goes well il be there for a long time to come

Also do they remove the application kit download when they reach a certain quota? i downloaded a new one just to be sure! Or how are we aware when the visas are gone? Sorry for all the questions!! :o

When you go onto the Canadian embassy.ire.ca the iec page should just come up as program closed for 2011 so until then im reckoning its still open. Here no worries its a melt an a have all this carry on lol

surely they have to acknowledge those who have sent kits off so.. They might have a list of people who get rejected, so when you reapply they just check passport numbers or something and if they have already applied they just look at the mistakes.... Im hoping they work along the lines of that!!!

ill never know.. its just a mess having to wait to get my stuff back to send it off again! I mean they havent even got it and i know theres a mistake!!! :(

I reckon they do that, look how quick langleybc got her visa through, there's no way they processed the whole thing again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 langleybc

Yes CliodhnaB, i totally agree with Stephencillian. There is definatley no way mine was put at the bottom of the pile again. At least when they the send the app back to you this time you know exactly what errors you have made. Then just post it back to them as soon as possible. As you can see mine went through very quickly after my first app.

Got my acknowledgement of receipt just there.. Hope to have paper work back next week! Then start the process again.. There has to be some refused list and thats how you were dealt with so quickly. My processing time is 10 weeks..

you never no even though there's a few mistakes it mite go through, the cv and employment is a big thing for them but not every application is processed the same, so fingers crossed for you...

I was looking through my old application that i sent off and the temp resident form has the address of the company and that matches my references on my cv same number and everything.. so if i hadnt the other mistake it MIGHT have got through.. Its coming back i know it.. so roll on next week and i get going on my new form.. id chance sending the new form with my copies of proof of funds and garda clearance but looks like that will get rejected aswell! so patience is key :)

so patience is key :)

Well said lol

Looks like USIT have more places available...

http://newsletters.usit.ie/2011-05-10/index.html

I reckon alot of people think Canadian visas are gone because USIT is closed... Heres hoping I hear back from them soon!! Still havent been rejected/Accepted! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 permit123

does any one know how long it takes to get pass stage two in London i am still waiting for my LOI email my application has bin in London for nearly five weeks i have heard nothing from them yet should i contact them or leave it one more week

Got refused today! Ugh... new forms waiting to go!!!! Hurry on :P

Quick question;

On Page 4 of the "application for work permit made outside Canada" It asks for background info... If you have been refused for leaving out a document what do you tick for the 2 a & b? Yes for A but what about B? Thanks :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dadasurp

Got refused today! Ugh... new forms waiting to go!!!! Hurry on :P

Quick question;

On Page 4 of the "application for work permit made outside Canada" It asks for background info... If you have been refused for leaving out a document what do you tick for the 2 a & b? Yes for A but what about B? Thanks :-)

Hey I'd say if say yes and explain what happened it should be fine.

What did you put for duration of expected employment at the top of page three? Help much appreciated.

• Advertisement

dadasurp wrote: »
    Hey I'd say if say yes and explain what happened it should be fine.

What did you put for duration of expected employment at the top of page three? Help much appreciated.

hey if ur applying for the working holiday visa u leave it out.. I put not applicable on the top of page 3 and left the last question on page 2 blank

Advertisement