Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Do you have an unwanted car you'd give away for free ?

Options
  • 27-01-2011 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

I'm living in cork and am looking for a project car under 1.4 while I wait to take my full license. Sick of mummy's car and I dont think there's any point in buying one when I can't use it for a few months. (and won't be able to afford it haha)
    Mikey923
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Yeah no problem, i'm made of cars!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Mikey923

That's the spirit :P haha

• Registered Users Posts: 81,824 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Look around donedeal, gumtree and dublinwaste.ie, sometimes freebies.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭superfish

so basically mammy lets you use her car for free and now you want a car from us for free, sure why stop at a free car would you like my clothes and tv too ?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭superfish

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Yeah no problem, i'm made of cars!

megatron is that you ? :D

• Advertisement

Haha when she's isn't using it which isn't alot :L
    Just wanted to see if anybody wants to get rid of theres. :) calmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Lad, we're in a recession here. Nobody is going to willingly give you a free car.

If you're not able to afford a "project car" to buy, how exactly are you going to afford to do anything to it anyway? Even the pile of shíte "accessories" that halfords sell aren't that cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭vectra

No problem bud

How about a 05 Fiesta??

I will gladly give you one..
    My bloody neighbours one.. The Clown always parks in my spot :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,836 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I've got 4... take your pick:

diec1.jpg

And no, they're not Dinky Cars.. they're just far away!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭smokie2008

superfish wrote: »
    so basically mammy lets you use her car for free and now you want a car from us for free, sure why stop at a free car would you like my clothes and tv too ?
    nag nag nag fúckin nag..... he wants a piece of shít to do up not a girl whining at him, after hours is that way
    >

OP keep an eye on done deal I've seen them there in the past but they don't last long.

• Advertisement

How're you doing ? :)
    I was just looking for a complete piece of sh** to do up. I don't want to spend money on it just get it working. My dads a mechanic so I wouldn't be doing that. And halfords accessories ? I'm fine thanks :L furthest I'd go is a set if alloys. :L
    Just thought it was worth the risk to ask if someone was going to scrap theirs or something, or emigrating or whatever.

Thanks smokey2008 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Free corrolla on gumtree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Mikey923 wrote: »
    How're you doing ? :)
    I was just looking for a complete piece of sh** to do up. I don't want to spend money on it just get it working. My dads a mechanic so I wouldn't be doing that. And halfords accessories ? I'm fine thanks :L furthest I'd go is a set if alloys. :L
    Just thought it was worth the risk to ask if someone was going to scrap theirs or something, or emigrating or whatever.

Don't see why anyone would give away any sort of car free anyway when it may be worth 150+ in a scrapyard.

Tbh It's not worth your while buying some piece of sh** to do up. If it's bad enough for someone to be giving it away, it would cost far far too much to put it right, Just save your money until you can get something proper, and perhaps keep the dreams of doing something up for a few years down the road when you could buy a nice classic or something!

superfish wrote: »

Let me know if that falls through. Offer asking and will take the TV pending inspection.

Didn't get a response yet ! Emailed and texted about an hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭jaffa20

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

Ask this guy :pac:

3553230993_a06ef442ec.jpg

Redisle wrote: »
    Don't see why anyone would give away any sort of car free anyway when it may be worth 150+ in a scrapyard.

Not at all. I had a 93 fiesta and drove it to the scrapyard in Dunlaoire a few years back and he wanted €100 to take it off me:(.

In saying that I think the cost of metal is gone real high since.

Haha kkv :L ye boards.ie guys are the best.. :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Annoying thread. On many levels.

jaffa20 wrote: »

Fúck your honda Civic I've a hor.......

**gets coat**

Care to explain ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

You probably wont get a free car these days, I remember in the late 80's there were shed loads of free buckets out there and they were runners:D

These days your best bet is to go to a scrap yard with the biggest wheel barrow and shovel you can find and see what rust bucket you can scoop up and consider yourself lucky. No doubt you will pay for it and all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Michael N

I have a 98 fiat punto I'll give to you mate. Also living in cork. Son finished learning to drive in it and bought a Toyota tegra or something. I've pm my number.

Text replied :) see you tomorrow. Is that a scratch on the side or the shine of a light ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

mondeo wrote: »
    I remember in the late 80's there were shed loads of free buckets out there and they were runners:D

I may join the club :D got a free running car in 2005. First legal car ever... Not a bad runner either!

OP if your after a project car I must warn you theres alot of work involved in getting them working and roadworthy. These days the cheaper they are the more crap theyll be. I'm still not finished mine yet

http://www.fiatforum.com/members-motors/253072-van-difference.html

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Michael N wrote: »
    I have a 98 fiat punto I'll give to you mate. Also living in cork. Son finished learning to drive in it and bought a Toyota tegra or something. I've pm my number.
    Text replied :) see you tomorrow. Is that a scratch on the side or the shine of a light ?

How bad :D

Edit: Wait... Are you complaining about a scratch on a free car? :L :L :L

Woooo :D it's a runner, only problems are a scratch on the drivers door and a broken motor for the electric windows :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

free car and you're asking about a scratch?? some people buy cars with scratches :eek::D:D

Advertisement