Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best and Worst Gimmick Matches

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

tdv123 wrote: »
    Gauntlet - Might aswell just be a handicap match.

Well... no. A gauntlet's supposed to be a test of endurance while a handicap match is multiple opponents at the same time.
    First Blood - Whats the point? Everyone usually ends up bleeding in a Hardcore/Street Fight anyway. Just helps shorten the match.
    Well... no. The match is fixed, see?

----

Worst gimmick matches tend to involve Divas or TNA. Although I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Patterson and Brisco's evening gown match. ;)

Personally, arm-wrestling contests are a no-no.

Agree with CMpunked about the Eimination Chamber being one of the better more recent concepts. I liked the Championship Scramble aswell:

Hope they do another one some day but find better wording than "current champion". I still want a return of the Unforgiven variation of the Six Pack Challenge with two wrestlers in the ring and the other four at each corner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Alex Kidd

What's the one in TNA where they have to climb the ladder and put them belt up rather than the traditional way? And they have penalty cages or something? Russotastic.

Ladder matches were great but at this stage they've been done so much it's hard for the participants to do anything fresh and exciting, in the end being reduced to ridiculous spots that are completely illogical. Kofi using the ladder as stilts springs to mind. In the time it took him to shuffle across the ring he could have got out of the ring, picked up a ladder, brought it back in and climbed it.

As mentioned above the Royal Rumble is the finest gimmick match ever created.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Alex Kidd wrote: »
    What's the one in TNA where they have to climb the ladder and put them belt up rather than the traditional way? And they have penalty cages or something? Russotastic.

King of the Mountain, and most the matches were usually very good. My personal favourite (as illustrated by the best one ever):

Advertisement