Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of Focus & Off Topic MkIII...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,392 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

to be fair though, if i wanted some cover artwork for a reissue of a whitesnake album, i now know exactly where to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

it's a blog, for god's sake. not a portfolio.
    plus, some of the links you provided there link to work which is simply ****ing *hideous*. and they *are* portfolio sites.

Weather you find something hideous is entirely up to you Im not going to argue that point:)...I will how ever argue the point that a blog is as important as your, portfolio website.

If you've got 20 years, experience in a field and you've written 5 books. which Mr Kirk has. My expectations maybe different to yours but there first things i look at is weather the shot is in focus... and weather a pictures horizons are straight. Pictures should also be correctly cropped Imo.. All Im saying to me it doesn't show pride with in his work even if it its for self indulgent use, the one factor should remain the same... which is the point I'm trying to get at :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,676 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Snowie wrote: »
    Weather you find something hideous is entirely up to you Im not going to argue that point:)...I will how ever argue the point that a blog is as important as your, portfolio website.

My expectations maybe different to yours but there first things i look at is weather the shot is in focus... and weather a pictures horizons are straight. Pictures should also be correctly cropped Imo..

I suspect you should examine the role of subjectivity in appraising photographs. Also, this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,392 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Snowie wrote: »
    I will how ever argue the point that a blog is as important as your, portfolio website.
    looks like we can agree to disagree so.

plus, his talent (or lack thereof) has absolutely no bearing on whether his piece is correct. how about you comment on his piece, rather than on a single one of his photos?
    do you have to be an award winning movie director to pass an opinion on a movie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I suspect you should examine the role of subjectivity in appraising photographs. Also, this.

ahh here if you've got to resort to that..... maybe some for sight first....

looks like we can agree to disagree so.

plus, his talent (or lack thereof) has absolutely no bearing on whether his piece is correct. how about you comment on his piece, rather than on a single one of his photos?
    do you have to be an award winning movie director to pass an opinion on a movie?

well the thing is most good photographer have a bog and a website, which do you think get more traffic? I know most good photographers say there blog, people link them on face book, websites are a thing of the past between social networking and a good, blog you can make good money as photographer.. and do it for free :)

As for kirk you disagree for your reasons if, Im going to read a blog or a post that self proclaimed pro has written .. The first thing I do is look at his work, because that gives me a foundation and ability to judge were this guy is coming from. Now this is an important thing you can't just fan boy some one simply because of what they say there ability to do the job is just as important.. I can't see why your flaming me when its a fair point...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Jaysus Daire, I'm sorry I followed that link. A larger depression ahead :(

But with reinvention at the core of a phoenix :)

it's always easy to predict the death of something. if you're wrong, everybody forgets. if you're right, you're a guru.
    i remember reading articles like that about the death of music years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Oh dear, I really want to get out with the camera again, My Pix.ie has only one photo for this year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

• Advertisement

ah jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

is it just me, or is boston.com usually immensely slow to load?

I know a lot of people provoke the police but, man are there some beatings on this......

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

thats shocking!!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Raditub

my god....unbelievable...some violence!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

thats some brutal stuff. You know what would really make these guys think, a speedlight on continuous flashes while their beating someone down. Whatever it is about that flash, it triggers something in people. **FLASH FLASH FLASH** I guarantee they'd suddenly become very interested in who was firing that speedlite!

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

thats some brutal stuff. You know what would really make these guys think, a speedlight on continuous flashes while their beating someone down. Whatever it is about that flash, it triggers something in people. **FLASH FLASH FLASH** I guarantee they'd suddenly become very interested in who was firing that speedlite!

Being Cops form the USA I'm sure they would snap the camera off of you and give you a bit of a beating too. They take no sh!te over there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Being Cops form the USA I'm sure they would snap the camera off of you and give you a bit of a beating too. They take no sh!te over there.
    While Irish guards are nowhere near as brutal as US cops over small things, they have been known to give some serious beatings to people. To be fair some of the stories I've heard from people that got beatings they where doing things where most people would say they deserved the beating but a police force should be above that kind of behaviour.

But the fact is the way things are with police forces it is a case of them against everyone else, we might see a beating as brutal but they're dealing with horrible people on a daily basis and if you learn your better off imposing your superiority over someone else that you know will turn nasty with a bit of violence it's what your going to do. It's basic animal behaviour and reactions to tense situations and as much as people like to think we're not animals we clearly are.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

Ronan Casey - A Kodak Moment..Tribute to the old 8mm Camera

http://vimeo.com/7125418

is it just me, or is boston.com usually immensely slow to load?

loads quickly for me

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Went to buy a nice polariser for my "new" second-hand lens only to discover... it had one on it already.

Major morto! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Wamble

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Kill the cameramen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,676 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Effects wrote: »

Bah, I did that AGES ago :D

1717515714_491a0d5740.jpg