Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of Focus & Off Topic MkIII...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,392 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i thought tube stations had a general photography ban anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

That place is a museum of some sort. It's more the idea that a canon 300d is banned and a Fuji x100 Is fine to use as the slr takes better pictures.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

anyone on diaspora yet, some nice stuff coming up on it photo wise

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,392 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

one thing i like about boards is that the colour scheme is slightly bluish, so it makes monochrome shots look slightly warm in contrast.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

third video on this page ''behind the photographs series'' by tim mantoani... the galleries of the images themselves are on the site too.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

I think this settles it once and for all..... ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

so when did 'we' start to smile for photographs? a debate has been started by The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. article link here

if you're in the area, it's worth popping into the gallery of photography, they have the prix pictet 'growth' exhibition on at the moment. some fantastic prints by michael wolf and burtynsky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

AnCatDubh wrote: »

fool using flash... very unprofessional and I agree with the artists actions, regardless of gender and kick in the camera was well deserved 12 in 2 mins...madness

fool using flash... very unprofessional and I agree with the artists actions, regardless of gender and kick in the camera was well deserved 12 in 2 mins...madness

Surely asking someone to stop is better than kicking them in the face, no? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

What's the add on thingy for viewing RAW files on Windows 7?

I know it was posted about somewhere here but I can't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I use flash all the time to photograph gigs unless the band specifically ask me to not use it (never happened).

Jim wrote: »
    I use flash all the time to photograph gigs unless the band specifically ask me to not use it (never happened).

a professional using flash is almost as rare as seeing a pentax in the photo pit

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭tennisplayer

a professional using flash is almost as rare as seeing a pentax in the photo pit

No No its not that rare at all

• Advertisement

Yes, it is.

No No its not that rare at all

its common place for professional photographers to use flash at concerts?

or the penax comment?

I didn't say it wasn't rare, but that doesn't make it "unprofessional". I think the reason it's rare is due to the widely held view that flash ruins concert photography (which it doesn't if used correctly imo).

how would you define 'correctly'? sparingly?

Jim wrote: »
    I didn't say it wasn't rare, but that doesn't make it "unprofessional". I think the reason it's rare is due to the widely held view that flash ruins concert photography (which it doesn't if used correctly imo).
    Maybe the reason it's rare is because larger venues state you are not allowed to use flash?

Effects wrote: »
    Maybe the reason it's rare is because larger venues state you are not allowed to use flash?
    That might be the case also. And that's fine if there's a rule made by the venue or the performer, you obviously follow it.

If you don't follow it you get thrown out...not kicked in the face. And in this case the story states there was no precondition not to use flash.

I wasn't refering to the original incident. For the majority of gigs you don't need to use a flash. Most bands do not want flash photography and nobody in the crowd wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Photo 9 is comical, even if the actual event isn't...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I took some photos at The Frank and Walters gig in Roisín Dúbh in December (with my Pentax camera).

There were two other 'photographers' there, the first thing one of them said to me was "Pentax?"
    I always find it kind of funny and feel like saying 'yes, Pentax. I choose a camera that I liked based on it's features, functions, feel etc and didn't know that I was only allowed to buy Nikon or Canon.'

(I have photographers in ' ' as I was there as an amateur, I'm sure there were more than 3 people taking photos. But only 3 with Dslrs.)

• Advertisement

tumblr_lwia7ru57O1qzxfy9o1_500.jpg

Advertisement