Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I met Epic Beard guy today

Options
  • 26-01-2011 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭

I was talking to this guy today in work, he came into the place where i work. I was casually chatting him when in the course of the conversation he was telling me he had arthritis and was crippled with it for the last 25 years or so - now this was something that i have an interest in due to the fact someone close to me suffers very badly with the same condition and they are only in their 20's - so this man being in his 50s was something of a snapshot of what my friends will have to deal with. He was telling me he has pins here there, replaced knees, 1 replaced elbow and no foot

Anyhow in the casual discussion with the man about the pain of arthritis, i mentioned that i do have, for the last few years arthritis in the joint of my big toe -he looks at me and said "oh whip it off, fcuk it you don't need it - it'd be the best thing you ever do - it'd never bother you again"

- i don't know which i wanted more, to change my name to the same as his, grow an epic beard like him or get my picture taken with him, but this guy was truly bulletproof in my eyes - Look, I'm no pussy, but the thought of getting one of my toes removed, particularly the big one (considering Ive only 2) freaks me out a little - this guy viewed the loss of a big toe on par with getting a tooth pulled.

Epic Beard Guy - I salute your awesomeness.

In before "cool story bro"

In before "tldr:"

In before: "Snyper has man crush"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

You may have gout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭token56

So you didn't actually meet Chuck Norris? Very disappointed overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

But if you get your big toe removed which little piggy will go to the market???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

It was a fake beard.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

token56 wrote: »
    So you didn't actually meet Chuck Norris? Very disappointed overall.

False advertising is wrong.

Thread title amended :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭thecornflake

snyper wrote: »
    Look, I'm no pussy, but the thought of getting one of my toes removed, particularly the big one (considering Ive only 2)

You should have two of every toe.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

You didn't meet epic beard guy either, you just met some looper. :p

Guill wrote: »
    It was a fake beard.

No it was made of 10% hair follicles 90% awesomeness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Kasabian wrote: »
    You may have gout.

I'm a sufferer.

We've an epic lad in my unit.. Lost his leg below the knee when he stepped on a landmine in Lebanon and caused serious damage to the other.

Two years later he's informed that the other one has to come off, what does he do?... Books a function room, gets cards printed inviting us to his divorce party - informing us that after a long and happy relationship that he and his leg have decided to go their separate ways .. A week later he's a double amputee.

For stepping on a landmine we call him 'The Lebanese High Jump Champion'.

Epic high jump guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Xivilai

No foot? Not even one? That sucks.. although, it would be awesome if he had roller-skates fused onto his stumps. Then when somebody mocks him he can surprise them with his speed.

• Advertisement

You should have two of every toe.

Ive webbed feet. Its hard to make out toes from that mess down in the show area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

Wasnt he in the Hangover?

Are we talking about Epic Beard guy of Amba-Lamps fame?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

The only epic beard guys I can think or are (1) the vietnam vet who beat up that jive-turkey on the bus and (2) that guy who appeared in all those rock music videos in the mid 1990s (eg soundgarden blackhole sun).

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭jackie1974

Epic beard guys tears cure cancer, too bad he never cries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

So you didn't meet Chuck Norris then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭token56

False advertising is wrong.

Thread title amended :pac:

Dam you, now my post just looks stupid :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

I'm a sufferer.

Lots of red/blueberries and pineapple in your diet works wonders. I had 2 attacks in my life and nothing since I added these to my diet. Got it from losing alot of weight too quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭baltimore sun

I've a friend who had to get his big toe off a few months ago, it was no big deal, you should do it. Bob Marley might've still been around if he'd have had the sense to get his off when he was told to too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

easyeason3 wrote: »
    But if you get your big toe removed which little piggy will go to the market???
    That piggy never went to market in our gaff....but wee wee'd all the way home?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

anniehoo wrote: »
    That piggy never went to market in our gaff....but wee wee'd all the way home?:confused:

No it's the baby toe that wee wee weed all the way home. The big toe went to the market because it was the big toe & would be able to handle himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

This is epic beard guy.

/thread.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Why don't you just take over from here and fill in all the replies?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭jackie1974

I've a friend who had to get his big toe off a few months ago, it was no big deal, you should do it. Bob Marley might've still been around if he'd have had the sense to get his off when he was told to too

Yea but he wouldn't have had the cool hair and beard either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

jackie1974 wrote: »
    Yea but he wouldn't have had the cool hair and beard either.

Not to mention increased difficulty getting and or standing up for his rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Tomebagel wrote: »
    This is epic beard guy.

/thread.

Eh,

This is the REAL Epic Beard Guy:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Taking into consideration that Snyper's location is Athlone, he really just met the mad aul fella who shuffles around the town and talks to people about any old shyte, I think our OP has been had!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I don't think that's epic beard guy in the video,he still has both feet. I want an epic beard btw, a grey one, I'd look cool smoking a pipe and limping.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

easyeason3 wrote: »
    No it's the baby toe that wee wee weed all the way home. The big toe went to the market because it was the big toe & would be able to handle himself.
    Lol...total opposite in our house. It started on the little toe and the big toe got "tiggled" and sent home :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I was talking to this guy today in work, he came into the place where i work. I was casually chatting him when in the course of the conversation he was telling me he had arthritis and was crippled with it for the last 25 years or so - now this was something that i have an interest in due to the fact someone close to me suffers very badly with the same condition and they are only in their 20's - so this man being in his 50s was something of a snapshot of what my friends will have to deal with. He was telling me he has pins here there, replaced knees, 1 replaced elbow and no foot

Anyhow in the casual discussion with the man about the pain of arthritis, i mentioned that i do have, for the last few years arthritis in the joint of my big toe -he looks at me and said "oh whip it off, fcuk it you don't need it - it'd be the best thing you ever do - it'd never bother you again"

- i don't know which i wanted more, to change my name to the same as his, grow an epic beard like him or get my picture taken with him, but this guy was truly bulletproof in my eyes - Look, I'm no pussy, but the thought of getting one of my toes removed, particularly the big one (considering Ive only 2) freaks me out a little - this guy viewed the loss of a big toe on par with getting a tooth pulled.

Epic Beard Guy - I salute your awesomeness.

They mightn't give you the option though...

Advertisement