Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 Squad Cars called to the Social Welfare Office this morning.

Options
  • 12-11-2010 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

Heard from a courier who was working in town earlier that 4 squad cars were outside the Dole Office down by the Libary this morning.Apparently a guy lost the head in there and others in the que joined in and it took 4 squad cars full of gardai to control the situation.Its important to note that theres nothing about this incident on Galwaynews.ie or anything yet so it may not have been all that much.Cant say im surprised by an incident like that happening though,there's an awfull atmosphere in that place at the best of times.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

get used to it - these are the first rumblings in a very large thunder storm to hit these shores very very soon. I actually heard the sirens flying by this morning and thought it was an accident or somthing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Wonder what they lost the head over

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

My fella works in there. So apparently a guy came in wearing a balaclava and army gear. He opened his jacket to show a t-shirt underneath with some kind of protest slogan on it. He proceeded to set off the fire alarm and then just stood there until the Gardai took him away. He lost his head over the habitual residency conditions, he is Irish but lived in the UK for most of his life so must have been refused the dole because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

i'm bloody delighted someone kicked up a fuss in there, its about time. im surprised i havnt lost the plot a few times in there myself, they do nothing but eat the head of ya when ya go in. i'm sooo sorry you have a job and i dont, god forbid you have to do something :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Didn't someone try to burnt the dole office down recently?

Just walked in and started pouring petrol on the floor....

• Advertisement

i'm bloody delighted someone kicked up a fuss in there, its about time. im surprised i havnt lost the plot a few times in there myself, they do nothing but eat the head of ya when ya go in. i'm sooo sorry you have a job and i dont, god forbid you have to do something :mad:

never mind the fact that theyre working 5 people's jobs, get treated like crap by signers and co workers alike and might be losing their house come the next budget:rolleyes:

Didn't someone try to burnt the dole office down recently?

Just walked in and started pouring petrol on the floor....

yep

what about the people in the queue who havnt got a penny for the last 6 months (like myself), who might not have somewhere to live tomorrow never mind when the budget comes in. least they have jobs.

All the times ive been in there i have never once seen someone who was there signing on giving out, they're getting their money theres no prob.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

The long haired bearded dude makes my time there a pleasure whenever he's serving me.

Redhairedguy: that is the man that I have the pleasure of sharing my life with :)
    Edgedinblue: I know. It's just that most people have it rough right now and their hands are tied in a lot of the cases. To be fair, I did get treated like **** in there once when I was applying for a PPS no so there are some sh*theads in there but theyre not all like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

long haired bearded dude!!

he's dead on, the other stuck up biddies workin in there could learn something from him!

skelliser wrote: »
    long haired bearded dude!!

he's dead on, the other stuck up biddies workin in there could learn something from him!

this'll make his day now when I get him to read it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

the guy with the beard is the only good thing about that place

That's insane though, like someone has said, it's only the start. I can imagine things getting much worse.

I do love how this thread has ended up with everyone complimenting this beardy guy. It just goes to show that being pleasant to people and treating them with respect really does pay off and it's what people need, especially during times like these. He should be proud of himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭03046290

I love that bearded guy :)

I'm always crossing my fingers I get him. Very sound guy and no bull****!

I think ill have to make an appoinment with this beardy man, i always get stuck with the dried up angry at the world biddies!!

Can we just change the title to "Dole Office Beardy Guy Appreciation Thread"?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055622172&page=6

post 82;)

had him on the phone there. he read it all and he's very chuffed:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

Dutchess wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055622172&page=6

post 82;)

had him on the phone there. he read it all and he's very chuffed:)

Ya thats him!!

legend!!

All hail the beardy dude!!

HUZZAH!!
    HUZZAH!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭grosser

Hey guys, thanks for the nice comments. really makes my day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Have you access to boards.ie at work???? Blocked for most PS workers:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭grosser

I do.at home at the mo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 scoobygirl

Where did ye get the hedgehog?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,804 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

get used to it - these are the first rumblings in a very large thunder storm to hit these shores very very soon.

Where do you get that from?

My own signals are that things here are getting better. I've started getting emails about jobs in the UK that the recruiters are really struggling with (so they're trying anyone even vaguely possible). And calls about jobs in Dublin. And I've applied for 13 jobs in Galway in the last two months alone, and they were all reasonable jobs that I'd have a serious chance of getting (none of the silly ones that there was no chance of them hiring me) - two were even professional IT roles.

I think ill have to make an appoinment with this beardy man, i always get stuck with the dried up angry at the world biddies!!

It's a while since I was there, but there was only one old wan who I dreaded (usually took several tickets, so that if my number came up at her window I could just ignore it!)

I can kinda sympathise with the lad this morning... except that there are other ways besides living here for two years to prove habitual residency.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I don't live in Galway, haven't been there in years but............. go beardy guy.... yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭distraction

change of direction in thread but...

grosser you are a living hero! keep up the good work, might see you on Monday :D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Wow... its amazing (and gratifying) to see a thread about a PS worker without the word "scum" in it :)

(I had this thread on my watch-list for possible warfare :) )

Ummm go go beardy guy I guess. :)

DeV.

So Mr.Beardy Man face, do tell why i'm waiting over 6 months for JSA?!!! otherwise i'll be the next to [ModEdit]voice my opinion in[/ModEdit] that place!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Have never set foot in the Galway social welfare office but Long Haired Beardy Guy™ must be one hell of a dude to have people be complimentary about their experience in a SWO!

• Advertisement

So Mr.Beardy Man face, do tell why i'm waiting over 6 months for JSA?!!! otherwise i'll be the next to [ModEdit]voice my opinion in[/ModEdit] that place!

if you have money for [ModEdit]placards[/ModEdit] or ingredients for [ModEdit]placards[/ModEdit] I'm sure you're grand.

Advertisement