Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Boards.ie guide to stereotyping cars

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

Octavia's are simply better with manual boxes. better mpg, better driving experience etc.unless your 90 and want driving to be as easy/lazy as possible or your american and can't drive a manual.

No sterotyping around here so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭shogunpower

Bigus wrote: »
    No sterotyping around here so

the point of the whole thread dude, do you own a prius?

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

Nah, i heard he has a red evo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Hi my dealer charged me 65euro for a front bulb change. was this good value?

im looking to buy a renault. This guy on donedeal has one with 'custom flashing lights'. and sports lights on the front. is it better than a citron?

my mate has a starlet and wants to drop an evo engine in. should i use silver duct tape or black for engine mounts?

I need a saloon around 10k but am too lazy to use adverts, dd, gumtree or carzone. Find me a car please preferably a red octavia with no miles and a furry dice or similar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

but but but some of those statements have an element of truth:cool:

Oh the ironing is delicious......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

funkyouup wrote: »

Really? Thought it was a BMW 535d ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Bigus wrote: »
    Boards on PRius

Don't buy a prius because they're

so so complicated the batteries cost 8k and need to be replaced every year!

You need a nerd with a computer degree to look under the bonnet.

and they really only do 20 mpg in the real world. A skoda driving taximan told me.

Not a lot of people know this but they're probably the least eco friendly cars on the planet (a hummer was scientifically proven by GM to be more eco friendly)

No listen to me, and buy a three cylinder diesel Fabia ,bigger ,faster, and more street cred then a PIOUS cos at least the Fabia has a Turbo.

and if you want an auto learn how to drive !

You're writing it like it's a joke but a lot of that is true. They only get about 40 MPG in the real world. Top Gear did a test and they got better MPG out of a BMW M3. Anyone who thinks they are being environmental with these cars is a fool, the place where they mine the nickel for the batteries is an ecological disaster area. You could drive a second hand car for years and still not reach the carbon footprint it takes to make one of these cars (1,000 gallons equivalent).

They also have low rolling resistance tyres (to make it more efficient). Too bad these tyres make the car handle and brake terribly.

In short, anyone who drives one of these cars is not only a moron, but also sanctimonious and deeply unpleasant as they only drive it to make a statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

I can see brilliantly with my new HID light kit.... they look so cool!

Everyone flashes at me to tell me how cool they are!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

"Garda" speed camera vans are actually safety devices, equivalent to lifebouys for a drowning person.

If you're doing 80kph on a motorway you're a perfect driver; if you're doing 120kph there you're going a bit quick; if you're doing 121kph you're a madman and should have your license burned and you should be locked up as a child murdering whacko.

The fast lane is the place to be.

All horses are high.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I have my indicator on....and I am going to move into your lane/side of the road now even though its clearly not safe to

I have my hazards on...I can park anywhere I like for as long as I like

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

There is nothing infuriating whatsoever, about one HGV passing out another HGV on the motoroway but only doing 0.5kph faster than the 'slow' HGV and it taking 15 minutes to complete the manouver. I really LOVE when this happens:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Average BMW driver....
    dick_head.jpg

Average Toyota Corolla Driver....
    nun.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Im thinking of buying a diesel car as its cheaper to run and road tax is cheaper, the diesel is 25k and the petrol is 22k so I cant wait to see the savings rock up.
    I have a '00 1.4 Corolla, but it's costing me a fortune to run... I'm thinking of spending €20,000 on a 2008 diesel to avail of the €150 tax, cause I can't afford to tax the Corolla any more...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Tea 1000 wrote: »
    I have a '00 1.4 Corolla, but it's costing me a fortune to run... I'm thinking of spending €20,000 on a 2008 diesel to avail of the €150 tax, cause I can't afford to tax the Corolla any more...

I'm spending €30 a week on petrol, i'm thinking of spending €5000 so i will only spend €20 a week on diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

How can i convert a lamborghini murcielago to a comercial? Will i need to get a DOE?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

My name is Jonah, my friends call me “Lucky”

I bought a car from Davey, who works in the navy.

I sent him the draft for €20,000 but as I’m afraid it might get lost in the post I’ve sent him the money by Western Union also, sure he’ll reimburse me if he get paid twice.

He was to deliver the car to my house last month but it has not arrived. I don’t need to worry do I ? I guess the strong winds have meant his ship cannot dock in Liverpool.

When the car does arrive I have 3 year to pay the illegal tax VRT right ?

Oh, while I’m waiting for the car I’m using the DART. Last week my train was on the platform and I did not have time to go to the ticket machine so I went to pay when I arrived. Now I got a summons … I’ll get off right?

Finally, the car is not actually for me but for my “friend” who crashed his car while driving on his way to renew his insurance a few weeks late …. My “friend” won’t get into any trouble will he ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

funkyouup wrote: »

CSL actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Yes I almost forgot...

What do I need to bring to the NCT??? Is it true I need the logbook? A fella on boards said I dont..

Also do I really need to clean out the boot? Trouble is I own an Octavia and I actually live in the boot of my car.

Why must I remove my centre caps??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Anyone in these cars can't drive and will never be able to.
    They shouldn't be allowed on the road.
    They all either have a provisional licence or got their licence in the amnesty.

K11 mircas have fogs lights that cannot be turned off.

What would possess anybody to drive one when they can have an octavia!

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

if I'm on the motorway overtaking and the guy behind decides to get so close to me that he can see the size of my undies, it doesn't at all have any effect on the way I drive and DEFINITELY doesn't make me stay there a little longer just to wind the little sh1te up..............and they nearly never drive Beemers!

• Advertisement

cjmcork wrote: »
    if I'm on the motorway overtaking and the guy behind decides to get so close to me that he can see the size of my undies, it doesn't at all have any effect on the way I drive and DEFINITELY doesn't make me stay there a little longer just to wind the little sh1te up..............and they nearly never drive Beemers!

when im in the "fast lane" on the motorway why do people drive up my ass and flash the lights, im doing the speed limit of 120kph so why do they think they can go faster as it's illegal. they are such bad drivers they could have caused an accident and killed 50 children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

when im in the "fast lane" on the motorway why do people drive up my ass and flash the lights, im doing the speed limit of 120kph so why do they think they can go faster as it's illegal. they are such bad drivers they could have caused an accident and killed 50 children.

More importantly - who is going around leaving pallets of 50 children in the way of oncoming crashes ?!?!?!?!?:mad:

ab-sa-bleedin'-lutely!:p

More importantly - who is going around leaving pallets of 50 children in the way of oncoming crashes ?!?!?!?!?:mad:

must be the same guy that crosses the road in the films with those panes of glass!

bad people shipping slave children in from china.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

Wearing a flat cap and driving a '93 Corolla makes you a safe driver as you can no longer drive at over 40kph or overtake tractors.

101sean wrote: »
    Wearing a flat cap and driving a '93 Corolla makes you a safe driver as you can no longer drive at over 40kph or overtake tractors.

also, sitting over to one side helps with this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

The yellow box outside the door of Lidls or the zigzags on the crossing opposite Tesco are there so lazy feckers shoppers in a hurry don't have to walk 10m from a proper car paking space.

101sean wrote: »
    The yellow box outside the door of Lidls or the zigzags on the crossing opposite Tesco are there so lazy feckers shoppers in a hurry don't have to walk 10m from a proper car paking space.

isn't that what the spaces just outside the door with the circular thing and the person sitting on it are for too???????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

cjmcork wrote: »
    isn't that what the spaces just outside the door with the circular thing and the person sitting on it are for too???????

No. Obviously they are for people who are sitting waiting in their car for the Mrs to come back with the childers' dinner.

Every car that has a different set of wheel to standard alloys is automatically a knacker wagon, and they all go around drink driving, beating up kids and clubbing baby seals.

Advertisement