Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Niamh Horan & Una Healy

Options
  • 24-01-2011 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

Previous thread on this subject was locked so maybe this is a banned topic. But I was just going through Sindo and this is the nastiest and most vindictive article I have seen in a long time. No idea who Una Healy is and had never heard of her before but the article is really vicious and seems to be based on nothing more that she went out a few nights and had a few drinks. Why does Niamh Horam hate her and why did the Sindo print such a vindictive hate piece.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/the-partys-over-una-sober-up-and-start-getting-some-sense-2507356.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

A case of the green eyed monster.

In other news WHO CARES???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

who are both ffs?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

In boards.ie, Sindo is a special case

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Use of the word 'cringiest' by a professional journalist is extremely disappointing.

But not wholly unexpected from the paper in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

She's dead right

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

It was a silly & lazy article in my opinion. But then again that's hardly shocking from the Sindo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Just goes to show the quality of gutter journalism the Irish Independent has (not recently) descended to.

You could google her name and read some of the thrash articles she writes, they make for cringeworthy reading. Or better still don't bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

meh

easyeason3 wrote: »
    It was a silly & lazy article in my opinion. But then again that's hardly shocking from the Sindo.

I await your attempt at writing an article with bated breath

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

fedor.2. wrote: »

You're going to have a long wait so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭MRBEAVER

Did Una steal Niamhs boyfriend or kill her dog? Surely there has to be a personal reason for an article like that. no way she could have that much hate for someone that had not crossed her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

If there was a "rule" that you had to be good at stuff you criticise others for, nobody would be able to have a negative opinion on anything ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Young successful girl has a few drinks? Shocker. Definately seems like there's an agenda there alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭GTE

So you imply that the only people who can form an opinion the quality of an article has to be a journalist themselves?

That was a very stupid post.
    Don't give out about that. By your logic I am perfectly qualified to form an opinion on your posts. :)

Dudess wrote: »
    If there was a "rule" that you had to be good at stuff you criticise others for, nobody would be able to have a negative opinion on anything ever.

sssh

bbk wrote: »
    So you imply that the only people who can form an opinion the quality of an article has to be a journalist themselves?

That was a very stupid post.
    Don't give out about that. By your logic I am perfectly qualified to form an opinion on your posts. :)

Thats exactly what im implying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I've just read the article - yes, I cringe all right... for the gossip merchant who calls herself a journalist, not the singer one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Why are people still reading these rags?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭sesna

Niamh Horan is a $hit journalist working for a rag newspaper. She's a really nasty bltch. Ive only read a few of her tripe articles, but she's worse than Alison ORiordan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Were you expecting journalistic integrity or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭2011abc

Looks like theyve adopted more than the tabloid layout/format for quite some time ...trashy article ,gutter press...

2011abc wrote: »
    Looks like theyve adopted more than the tabloid layout/format for quite some time ...trashy article ,gutter press...

Indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭cazzak79

for people that dont know her una healy is in a girl band the saturdays in the uk and she is from tipperary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

And she is a frigging lash pity she is with Ben foden

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

Oh dear god!!!! How does this girl get published in a national newspaper? Her and alison o'riordan must be sitting in their over priced flat every friday night making up stories for this sunday poo rag.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Sunday Independent has been tabloid gutter trash for a long time. More obsessed with the personal lives of C-list "celebrities" than reporting genuine news topics of interest.

Such headlines as "What Rosanna did next" are commonplace. They dont appear to realise that nobody gives a toss about what Rosanna, Glenda or their nobody friends did next!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭MRBEAVER

So why does Niamh hate Una? And why did the Sindo print an article like that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

grenache wrote: »
    Sunday Independent has been tabloid gutter trash for a long time. More obsessed with the personal lives of C-list "celebrities" than reporting genuine news topics of interest.

Such headlines as "What Rosanna did next" are commonplace. They dont appear to realise that nobody gives a toss about what Rosanna, Glenda or their nobody friends did next!

Haha I seen one of these papers using quotes from these girls twitter and facebook accounts to fill up their gossip column pages.. lazy useless muppets

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement