Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feb 25th is the date!

Options
  • 24-01-2011 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/finance-bill-to-be-passed-by-saturday-490619.html
    The Government and Opposition parties have agreed to pass the Finance Bill by next Saturday - after which an election is expected to be called for the 25th of February.

The deal which will see the Seanad sit this weekend was agreed between Fianna Fail, Fine Gael, Labour and the Greens this evening.

Sinn Fein left the meeting describing the agreement as "nothing short of disgusting"
    Lets all get together and throw these feckers out once and for all and give them a kick on the way!

or bucket of piss, bag of poo, tar and feathers etc etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Please get out and vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

danniemcq wrote: »
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/finance-bill-to-be-passed-by-saturday-490619.html

Lets all get together and throw these feckers out once and for all and give them a kick on the way!

Sinn Fein for Govt!

Gerry for Taoiseach!

*waits for down with that sort of thing response*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Vote FF!

UP Cowen

**** off to politics forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

A lot of people seem to be viewing this election the wrong way.

It's not all about kicking these guys out, it's about putting the right people in their place.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Are we voting Labour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Is there still time for people to register? Don't you have to register a certain number of days before the election?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Are we voting Labour?

Won't they just look after the unions?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Vote for whoever you want!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

im voting independant, all parties are rotten to the core

Won't they just look after the unions?
    They might do yea, it's hard to know who to vote for isn't it.
    The old man says Alex White is good though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

How would one train a 50kgs German Shepard to attack one of these canvassers on sight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭macroboy

And may i ask, what will replace them?,only more fools who are given power by even more foolish people i.e the public who vote away their freedom every chance they get.
    Its pathetic!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭clonadlad

Ghandee wrote: »
    Sinn Fein for Govt!

Gerry for Taoiseach!

*waits for down with that sort of thing response*

....Careful now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

So out of all the keyboard warriors on here how many of you will actually challenge the canvassers on the street/ doorstep?

It's well & good posting about training dogs to attack or making references to tar & feathers but I'd love to know how many will follow through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

About 30 **** to the next election

orourkeda wrote: »
    About 30 **** to the next election
    ...I make it 90:P

easyeason3 wrote: »
    So out of all the keyboard warriors on here how many of you will actually challenge the canvassers on the street/ doorstep?

It's well & good posting about training dogs to attack or making references to tar & feathers but I'd love to know how many will follow through.

I will, in fact I am looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

but I'd love to know how many will follow through.

Jaysus I hope i don't follow through and I don't want to know if anyone else does tbh :eek::p

Kasabian wrote: »
    I will, in fact I am looking forward to it.

In a verbal or physical way? Or both?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

I agree, a rainbow of independents as the junior coalition partners with FG or Labour would be my favoured Gov.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

The Government and Opposition parties have agreed to pass the Finance Bill by next Saturday - after which an election is expected to be called for the 25th of February.

The deal which will see the Seanad sit this weekend was agreed between Fianna Fail, Fine Gael, Labour and the Greens this evening.

Sinn Fein left the meeting describing the agreement as "nothing short of disgusting"

Expected is the operative word here. If anything is for sure, it's that Fianna Fail could call it for whenever they want and whenever we DON'T want.

In a verbal or physical way? Or both?

I shall ask them pertinent questions. I'll even offer them tea.

Kasabian wrote: »
    I shall ask them pertinent questions

Ask with your mouth or fist?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

So you're in with the Healy-Rae and Lowry crowd?

Independents: Independent of everyone except the highest bidder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

and replace former school teachers with former school teachers!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

phasers wrote: »
    Is there still time for people to register? Don't you have to register a certain number of days before the election?

You have untill the 14th day before the election I beleive.

Ask with your mouth or fist?:D

Depends how good looking he is :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

For the last year and a half I've been wondering what would happen if the majority of TD's were independants ;P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

MrStuffins wrote: »
    A lot of people seem to be viewing this election the wrong way.

It's not all about kicking these guys out, it's about putting the right people in their place.

which would be easy to do if we had a time machine to go forward 4 years and see who actually kept their pre election promises

the fact is, in ireland at least, its pure guesswork regarding who you put in, so imo the only logical decision is to completely shake up the status quo and vote sinn fein. i hate the feckers, but them getting a rake of seats would light a mighty big fire under the arses of the other parties to buck their ideas up

Advertisement