Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw - 24/1/11 *Spoilers*

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

From the write up on wwe.com
    As a result, the special guest referee had no choice but to disqualify each man, effectively banning both of their groups from the Royal Rumble

Farcical booking if this bit is true! (which it couldnt be)

and this....
    Just when it appeared The Rated-R Superstar was aiming for the jugular, Ziggler grabbed his leg and hit Edge with a Zig Zag. The interference caused Edge to win by disqualification. Amid the chaos, Randy Orton slithered to the ring to avenge the vicious beatdown Miz and his assistant Alex Riley doled out last week. The Viper not only attacked Miz, causing the WWE Champion to win by disqualification, he went on a rampage against anyone he could coil his hands around until "The Awesome One" nailed him with a briefcase before slinking away up the entrance ramp.

Well done WWE.......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,685 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

^ Miz still has the briefcase :confused: he is a like a baby with a soother

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ended up skipping through most of the show tbh, which is a bad sign.

John Cena; a man who teaches kids to try screwing people you don't like out of stuff and when asked to apologise, just attacks them. Our hero, ladies and gentlement. It was also pretty obvious that they weren't going to up the Rumble to 40 people and then ban 5 of your top guys from the match.

At least Daniel Bryan came out of the Bellas story looking like a LAD!

What the hell is up with Tarver <_< I guess he's WWE's newest stalker or something >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Overall a "meh" Raw. I liked the Corre/New Nexus (seriously WWE are you calling these guys that?) segment at the start of the show.

John Cena just pissed me off. What was the point in him being involved in the main event? I would've liked to see Barrett vs Punk genuinely without him acting the b*llocks.

Also Daniel Bryan=My Hero.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Are they constantly belittling Natalya to have kong debut on sunday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

What the hell is up with Tarver <_< I guess he's WWE's newest stalker or something >_>

Maybe they'll add him to the Corre to even the numbers against the New Nexus.

Fairly terrible buildup to the Rumble. Besides the royal rumble match, have there only been three other matches announced - WWE, World and Diva's title matches? Or is anything being built up on Smackdown? It seems a bit light for the ppv.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I enjoyed that Raw. I would have preferred the ending simply to be a brawl between the Corre and Nexus but overall a good show. Finally a win for Sheamus too.

JBnaglfar wrote: »
    Maybe they'll add him to the Corre to even the numbers against the New Nexus.

Fairly terrible buildup to the Rumble. Besides the royal rumble match, have there only been three other matches announced - WWE, World and Diva's title matches? Or is anything being built up on Smackdown? It seems a bit light for the ppv.

In all due fairness, the Rumble generally only has 3-4 matches and the Rumble itself. Especially with the Rumble being upped to 40 men and thus probably running for 90ish minutes, there's not much time for much else anyway. I'd rather fewer matches with plenty of time to develop than cramming in 6 matches on the undercard and not giving them enough time...

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

Yeah, looking back at the last few rumbles on wikipedia you're right. Its been a good few years since I saw a royal rumble, only started re-watching a few months ago after I heard there was a certain Irish champion (turns out that was his second reign). Some things never change tho, such as 'pushing' a big guy like Mark Henry as a threat even tho he will never win. I really hoped Seamus would at least knock Henry out of the ring during the tag match to build him up further as a contender.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Thumbs down for this show.

I didn't like the opening much. Edge's comedy was just as bad as Cena's has been the last few weeks. The writers are not in a good spell comedy-wise. I didn't like seeing Swagger get treated like a goof as surely a former World Champion should be presented as a credible threat. It was somewhat interesting with The Corrs facing off against the Straight Edge Society 2.

The tag match with Del Rio and Sheamus getting the win was fun as was Nattie making Melina tap.

The rest of the show was pretty poor with crap finishes, including the main event. I don't have a problem with Cena's behaviour because both Punk and Barrett have made his life hell the last few months so he'd be a moron to go out there and call the match down the middle (I'm assuming the criticism is just Cena-hate in general). More annoying for me is The Miz trying to come across as entertaining and perpetually failing, as well as CM Punk's smiling goofy cult gimmick. Interested to see where they go with Tarver though.

Overall a show not worth going out of your way to see and which didn't increase my excitement for the Rumble. I was pondering whether to get the show on PPV. I'm not sure I can be bothered now. Maybe if they had teased a few returns as they have done in the past I might have considered it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Cole called Natalya 'hefty' I see.

well fúck me gently, that's taken it to a whole new low.

she is some of the best T & A i've ever seen in WWE.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

SlickRic wrote: »
    Cole called Natalya 'hefty' I see.

well fúck me gently, that's taken it to a whole new low.

she is some of the best T & A i've ever seen in WWE.

Maybe Natalya will be the new Piggy James

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

REEEEEEALLLLLY BAD RAW.

Not a good point on the entire show IMO. Boring Miz/Edge match. Boring Corre/Nexus match.

Good women's match though. Thankfully Andy Gray isn't a rasslin commentator.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

i wish they would just left cole be the gm

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Not a good point on the entire show IMO. Boring Miz/Edge match.

Yup. It's a pretty sad day when a World Champion vs WWE Champion has no gravity. It was put on early in the RAW (aka who cares), was treated by such by WWE and fans alike, and were right to think so, as Ziggler interfered and we have a fuk finish, just like everyone expected :(

Really bad RAW this week (did not increase hype for the Rumble) -- unlike the previous RAW, which did a great job. Very odd by WWE. In general RAWs this year have been quite good, only 1-2 duds. Actually it's only January. That means about 2/5 of them are duds lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

swagger-smile-o.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Didn't Swagger have a ridiculous thing at last year's Rumble build-up when he lost an over the top rope invitational to Santino? Look what followed that. It might be the All American American American American American's time to shine again ;)

Rjd2 wrote: »
    swagger-smile-o.gif

HA Awesome. My brother walked into the room just as Swagger came out and we both busted our sides laughing at his smile...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Miz is a terrible champion.

Best thing about RAW was Daniel Bryan and Gail.

Advertisement