Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw - 24/1/11 *Spoilers*

Options
  • 24-01-2011 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭

Raw is live from Detroit tonight.

WWE Champion The Miz faces World Champion Edge tonight on Raw, which at this point is the only announced match

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,911 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Well as it is the last Raw before the rumble I kinda expect a lot of SD stars on the show and a huge brawl between all as to who will win the rumble to end the show or I could be very wrong :p

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭sliotor

Hopefully they will not let cena talk for twenty minutes to start the show, that was painful last week.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Well as it is the last Raw before the rumble I kinda expect a lot of SD stars on the show and a huge brawl between all as to who will win the rumble to end the show or I could be very wrong :p

With one man left standing in the ring over everyone else, perhaps suggesting that he might win this weekend? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

thats what i expect and the last man standing will be
    sheamus
    just to confirm a certain superstars return at the rumble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

They should nearly bring back Triple H tonite it might get a few buys more on the ppv.I know its obvious that HHH is coming back Sunday but wwe could focus more on the rumble match than yet another returning wrestler(sorry superstar).Crossing my fingers that there is no diva or tag title matches added to the ppv sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

HHH will win the Rumble, I have no doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Gonna be another quiet night for Raw?

127881261969.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'm going to bed anyway. I'll tape it and watch it on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

sneaky feeling the "returning superstar" wont be winning it at all this year....... the bile pit in the bottom of my stomach tells me its gonna be cena in some cena/new nexus/ old nexus Clusterfcuk of a finish!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Alex Kidd

Some fairly arbitrary pickings to go against Edge here.

did edge just head off?

Pssh, The Corre don't even have any merch!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

the 2 r's in the corre make them so cool :rolleyes:

It makes them somewhat australian in my eyes, I don't know why.

Where is Zeke from??

Thankfully Cena is the special ref, which means that we dont have to see him fight. I often wonder, do kids now, feel the same excitement I would have felt if that was Stone cold being announced as special ref.

Wow, it's like a modern day West Side Story, only with less dancing.

Was inserting Cena into the match strictly necessary?

Zeke is from Guyana no?

interesting match punk vs barrett. with cena as ref, no doubt they will make it all about who cena will side with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Tonytonytony

sky88 wrote: »
    the 2 r's in the corre make them so cool :rolleyes:

LOL i just tweeted the same thing!

I was just writing about how that stip about being out of the Rumble was really raising the stakes until the inevitable happened. Insertion of needless Cena.

@tonykellycomedy
    Ok now that Rumble stipulation is something i care about....oh wait theyve added Cena. Now I couldnt give a ****. #RAW

This had better be a swerve...

I hope Sheamus doesn't get pinned here.He's lost about 20 times to Morrison & Henry is just worthless.That was a new low earlier for Swagger a champ 7 months ago now he's a jobber losing to Masters in House shows.

Del Rio is a good character IMO plays the smug bugger brilliantly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭Ridley

I think the Rumble without Barrett or Punk removes a credible winner from a match with not that many viable choices anyway.

Especially for Smackdown. Unless Undertaker returns, it's pretty much just Del Rio.

Someone like Gabriel was never going to win but his presence in the match is more interesting than say, Chavo Guerrero who isn't involved with anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Tonytonytony

Ridley wrote: »
    I think the Rumble without Barrett or Punk removes a credible winner from a match with not that many viable choices anyway.

I agree, but Cena's winning the Rumble and facing Miz at Mania anyway. They started the build for this last week.

nasty fall there for Morrison, could have damaged the knee there

Jayob10 wrote: »
    Del Rio is a good character IMO plays the smug bugger brilliantly

Don't forget Ricardo Rodriguez aswell he's a bit of a legend in my eyes.Take that Henry. Oh no diva's time for a cup of tea or something stronger to keep me awake.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Melina is far hotter as a heel and when she looks angry!!

cole just said Natty is kings kinda woman as she is "a bit hefty"

Jayob10 wrote: »
    cole just said Natty is kings kinda woman as she is "a bit hefty"

She'll look even worse off now next to Michelle Malnourished.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Wish Michelle McTaker and Layla would just piss off for a while,so bloody irritating!

God if Natalia is getting Fat jokes they're going to go to town on Kong.As I said in the rumble thread I hoped there would be no Diva or Tag title match.Nobody cares about either.Bar the Rumble match I wouldn't be ordering this ppv at all.

• Advertisement

they built up a fued with melina for a month, threw it away on raw and gave laycool the ppv match ??????

Advertisement