Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm refusing to drink out from now on

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

fontanalis wrote: »
    What I can't understand is how the underage/barely legal morons can afford to pour it down their neck!

Daddy's credit card. Or in my case, does it then realizes the stupidity.

Spent or lost?

Spent

The cost of Jager bombs, double vodka's and Jameson's add up pretty quickly. The figure is actually including the 10 euro entry fee aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I'm refusing to eat out ...

For rather different reasons though.

That time of the month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Spent

The cost of Jager bombs, double vodka's and Jameson's add up pretty quickly. The figure is actually including the 10 euro entry fee aswell.

What are the point of these again? Why not do it with bovril, they taste the same (there's an idea for entrepeneurs).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

steve06 wrote: »
    That time of the month?

Nope. Just poorjokeitis :o Often afflicts me of a Monday. I blame the overpriced drink.

• Advertisement

Nope. Just poorjokeitis :o Often afflicts me of a Monday. I blame the overpriced drink.
    You'll be ok tomorrow then.

You'll be ok tomorrow then.

Probably not :pac:

What are the point of these again? Why not do it with bovril, they taste the same (there's an idea for entrepeneurs).

Ah no, jager bombs are tasty, they make for great downing competitions too!

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭The Orb

If punters continue to pay these inflated prices then nothing will change. If the public decide enough is enough and refuse to be ripped off then prices will come down. If a pub goes under as a result then so be it, I don't want to see businesses go under but I won't subsidise a rip-off merchant.

Probably not :pac:
    guess you're fcuked then :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭jdooley28

did you pay the €17 op? if a barman quoted me that for 2 spirits and a split i would turn on my heels and leave

Still obviously a complete rip-off but a split would be a lot cheaper than a red bull nearly everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I've bought two hipflasks inthe last few months and usually bring at least one out with me filled with Jack Daniels or Vodka, depends on how I feel that night, each hipflask holds nearly 200ml or roughly the same as a nagin.

Best option really :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

That time of the month?

No she just wants to eat in....my pants

hmm that poor jokeitis is doing the rounds :p

No she just wants to eat in....my pants

hmm that poor jokeitis is doing the rounds :p

It is contagious. cf AH.

It is contagious. cf AH.
    I hope it doesn't give you a rash or anything.

I hope it doesn't give you a rash or anything.

Nothing more than a rash of dodgy puns :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

I think everyone should just go back to the way us college students do it. Stock up in the offie on naggins and cans (not me personally cos I'm not much of a drinker) try get the €4 naggins or whatever in bulk. Then mix em in a coke bottle and keep drinking till you just get to the bouncer, act sober then you'll get into the club. You'll be fcuked off your face by the time you get in so neeed to buy drink at crazy prices inside.

All in all apparently thats a good night out. Me, I prefer drinking wine (€6 in Dunnes) or cider (3 litres for €10 in Dunnes) followed by shots (cheap shots in knacker pubs!). only way to go these days.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

jeez you wouldn't want to be using AH in too many essays :p

coughcoughI went for a job as a gold prospector, but it didn't pan out.coughcough

oh no, it's spreadinngg

jeez you wouldn't want to be using AH in too many essays :p

For an oral exam maybe?

ok, I'll stop now.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭BickNarry

Sorry,but anyway who is paying this amount for drinks is a loony.

Two vodkas and a Red Bull should never be over 12.50.

We all know the type of places that sell at these prices, just avoid them unless theres something good on (which usually invloves deals/promotions)

Look at whats on before you go out,theres always a few pubs and clubs doing promotions-certain pubs give you free entry to a club they're connected to, certain drink deals for the night/time going in is cheaper etc..

If you plan on drinking jager/red bull/apple sours etc etc you're gonna have to pay more than pints/vodka splash.

I'm not cheap but I won't go where they're ripping you off. The better craic is where people are out on the cheap anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement