Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity college

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

"Swastikas being spray-painted by the Irish students on to walls of the accommodation ensured the gendarmes were called," said another source.

This is just vintage O'Riordan..badly written,made up and supposedly quoted by a real person.
    How she's still writing for newspapers is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭charmer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I'm disgusted by that article.

I went to TCD in the 90s and it wasn't half as much fun as it sounds there. :(

stovelid wrote: »
    I'm disgusted by that article.

I went to TCD in the 90s and it wasn't half as much fun as it sounds there. :(

Because it didnt happen..as with everything that woman writes the article consists largely of conjecture,fallacy and mendacity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Yea nobody smokes €50 notes. The €500 note would make a great joint though.
    I'll have to stick to the €5 notes for a long time though I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Yea nobody smokes €50 notes. The €500 note would make a great joint though.
    I'll have to stick to the €5 notes for a long time though I think.
    €500 notes are a good buzz, fivers are trippy as ****, but those €50's get you MAD PARO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭whydoibother?

Such cheap journalism!

She speaks of 300 students from Dublin, the majority believed to be from TCD. She uses this as an excuse to attack the institution and play on stereotypes without feeling any sense of obligation to clarify whether the particular students involved in certain incidents were TCD or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

She uses this as an excuse to attack the institution and play on stereotypes without feeling any sense of obligation to clarify whether the particular students involved in certain incidents were TCD or not.

She's writing fluff, not doing investigative journalism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭whydoibother?

prinz wrote: »
    She's writing fluff, not doing investigative journalism.

Agreed. But it's still frustrating to find it in a supposedly serious newspaper posing as a genuine account. Rant over. I can lighten up now.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

It's clear that she cobbled it together from the flotsam and jetsam that's crammed into the Sindo' 'Stuff that Salacious' file.

Nazi Symbol - Check
    Gang **** - Check
    Posh Childer - Check
    Drugs - Check

Pulitizer - ........

• Registered Users Posts: 23,978 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

It's clear that she cobbled it together from the flotsam and jetsam that's crammed into the Sindo' 'Stuff that Salacious' file.

Nazi Symbol - Check
    Gang **** - Check
    Posh Childer - Check
    Drugs - Check

Pulitizer - 5 gold stars from the pack that she bought from Easons.........

fyp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

The indo reads like a redtop tabloid at times imo. Shocking considering it is sold as a broadsheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,978 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I could write an article about a wind-surfing weekend for Trinity students, which took place a year or so ago. I know that not one of them took part in the activity, because they were all too busy getting pissed and stoned in their rooms for the weekend. I think they were all doing PHDs in Oblivion.

I could write it, but I won't (unless the money's good)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

I'm actually shocked the editing at the Indo has gone downhill so badly. How the fcuk could any editor worth their job let such a sloppy, lazy, completely unsubstantiated and possibly libelous piece of journalism into the paper. The Indo is now a tabloid for all intents and purposes, it hasn't done any serious journalism in at least 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

I'm actually shocked the editing at the Indo has gone downhill so badly. How the fcuk could any editor worth their job let such a sloppy, lazy, completely unsubstantiated and possibly libelous piece of journalism into the paper. The Indo is now a tabloid for all intents and purposes, it hasn't done any serious journalism in at least 5 years.

Calm down, please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

fedor.2. wrote: »
    Calm down, please

Sorry I didn't know that you were able to tell that I wasn't calm through the intrawebs :rolleyes:.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Why is Trinity a college for rich kids? People from UCD, DIT, DCU and all the rest got into their colleges through the exact same process, the CAO. Trinity is no more expensive than any of the others.

Why is Trinity a college for rich kids? People from UCD, DIT, DCU and all the rest got into their colleges through the exact same process, the CAO. Trinity is no more expensive than any of the others.

Ok fair point, but they are all godless protestants at any rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

UCD was founded by Cardinal Newman as the catholic university. ;)

• Advertisement

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    UCD was founded by Cardinal Newman as the catholic university. ;)

So?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Trog

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I could write an article about a wind-surfing weekend for Trinity students, which took place a year or so ago. I know that not one of them took part in the activity, because they were all too busy getting pissed and stoned in their rooms for the weekend. I think they were all doing PHDs in Oblivion.

I could write it, but I won't (unless the money's good)

See the thing is, why does them being PhD students, or Trinity students have any bearing on the fact that they went on a drinking/ weed holiday? How does this make it a story? There are literally thousands of people in this country who get up to worse every weekend, but that wouldn't make it a story.

It's this Alison burd's ignorance that annoys me. Even if it was true, it's still a non-story. So some douchebags acted like douchebags on holiday, big deal. Some girl woke up with lads being freaks, fair enough that's appauling behaviour, but there's more newsworthy abuse stories than 3 lads having a **** in the same room as a girl.

I resent that. If you came to one of our Catholic lynches you'd see that they are quite enthralling. we all get a load of cans, roll up some 50 spots and go to town on the pope-following paddys.

Trog wrote: »
    See the thing is, why does them being PhD students, or Trinity students have any bearing on the fact that they went on a drinking/ weed holiday? How does this make it a story? There are literally thousands of people in this country who get up to worse every weekend, but that wouldn't make it a story.

It's this Alison burd's ignorance that annoys me. Even if it was true, it's still a non-story. So some douchebags acted like douchebags on holiday, big deal. Some girl woke up with lads being freaks, fair enough that's appauling behaviour, but there's more newsworthy abuse stories than 3 lads having a **** in the same room as a girl.

Not for the Sindo. I'd say three male colleagues of Alison's furiously tugged their wee men round her desk at the thought of the story being published.

I resent that. If you came to one of our Catholic lynches you'd see that they are quite enthralling. we all get a load of cans, roll up some 50 spots and go to town on the pope-following paddys.

Can't ye leave the oul papists alone, sure all they want is a few acres to dig a few spuds. Ye twats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Some girl woke up with lads being freaks, fair enough that's appauling behaviour

Well in fairness the story doesn't say that she actually had a problem with it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1349809/Oxbridge-students-compete-debauched-challenge-ski-slopes-win-free-holiday.html

Seems they joined forces with Oxford and Cambridge.

All I have to say is this is brilliant :D

Can't ye leave the oul papists alone, sure all they want is a few acres to dig a few spuds. Ye twats.

Your puny Irish laws have no bearing on our sanctified better than-thou-soil. We're even allowed ride or high-horse to class and the laws of the college state they have to stable them for us.

Seriously though, most Trinity students are proper tw*ts. Can't wait to get outta this dump...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

It's an AH thread about an Alison O'Riordan article about Trinners. Why are you taking it seriously??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Your puny Irish laws have no bearing on our sanctified better than-thou-soil. We're even allowed ride or high-horse to class and the laws of the college state they have to stable them for us.

Seriously though, most Trinity students are proper tw*ts. Can't wait to get outta this dump...

HA The Donkey Speaks

Advertisement