Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend some good books please ladies!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭greenprincess

TWILIGHT!!!! it really is amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Don't really read too many of the authors mentioned by the OP anymore, but I'd recommend any of the following as great reads:

Jodi Picoult - my sisters keeper, nineteen minutes & perfect match (read most of hers, but these were the best)
    The Help - Kathryn Stockett
    Time Travellers Wife & Her Fearful Symmetry - Audrey Niffennegger
    The Memory Keeper's Daughter - Kim Edwards
    One Day - David Nicholls
    The Twilight Series - teenage books, but great reading in them
    Torey Hayden - any of them. They're usually great reading, but all quite similar.
    The Book Thief, The Kite Runner, Shadow of the Wind & A Thousand Splendid Suns are are very good too!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

I really enjoyed Kate Morton's "The Forgotten Garden" and "The House at Riverton".

• Registered Users Posts: 48 sanjo

Try Tuesday with morrie by Mitch Albom. really enjoyed it

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Misty May

intouch44 wrote: »
    I love reading- I find it a great way to switch off from real life, I love Marian Keyes, Patricia Scanlon, Alexandra Potter, Melissa Hill (though was very disappointed with her last few books!)

Anyway can anyone recommend some authors with similar style (nothing too hea. vy!) :)

You might enjoy books by Janet Evanovitch. They are a light read and very funny. The first one is called One for the Money. I loved them all right up to 14 I think. I found the library great.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement