Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Abuse Have You Had Shouted At You Recently?

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Someone saw my Captain Havoc sticker on my bike today and started to make fun of me :( Asking me if I had a cape, or a side kick etc.... Stayed quiet and calm and didn't remind him he's a fat prick.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

I'd rather ride your ma

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

im a runner myself. i was out running last summer and a group of young fellas around 16 or 17 were coming on the footpath towards me. i moved onto the road but the gang moved to the side and just as i was passing a guy screamed right in my face and just as he did it, my fist came up and caught him right in the jaw. all his mates were speechless, and just as it was sinking in and i was half a mile down the road, he started 'chasing' me and roaring abuse. i waited for him under an underpass to see if he would follow me but the 'hard' man turned around.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dave04

paky wrote: »
    im a runner myself. i was out running last summer and a group of young fellas around 16 or 17 were coming on the footpath towards me. i moved onto the road but the gang moved to the side and just as i was passing a guy screamed right in my face and just as he did it, my fist came up and caught him right in the jaw. all his mates were speechless, and just as it was sinking in and i was half a mile down the road, then he started 'chasing' me and roaring abuse. i waited for him under an underpass to see if he follow me but the 'hard' man turned around.
    Yeah good for you,I get the same kind of crap when out cycling or running just be carefull , these people are capable of anything !...old school smack in the mouth ..like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

CheGuedara wrote: »
    [OT]
    SPELL!!! The ones down here couldn't chew gum and walk at the same time never mind spell! :D

I just find it funny they end all their sentences no matter how long or short in 'bah' or 'gerl'.
    [/OT]

i wont lie i am partial to throwing "boy" into the end of sentences myself :o but thats what i get for growing up 2 miles outside tralee :rolleyes:

im actually convinced that around 10 % of the population of tralee are decent people and the rest are a mixture of chavs, scum-bags and knackers, its a sad state of affairs down here :D i get some looks and cheek when cycling around i can tell you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Someone saw my Captain Havoc sticker on my bike today and started to make fun of me :(Asking me if I had a cape, or a side kick etc.... Stayed quiet and calm and didn't remind him he's a fat prick.

What a gobshíte,everyone knows that super hero's don't wear capes anymore.

As for the sidekick comment,you should have told them you team up with El Tonto and Beasty from time to time.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭biomed32

have had a curry chucked at my front wheel coming home from work:rolleyes: and was also told to pay road tax like everyone else by some eejit and to remove myself and the offensive bike from the road:D

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Pablo_

I was testing out a friends new trek and was out the dublin road, out of limerick, and I was passing a halting site. There were kids playing, and one had a branch the size of him. I said to myself, here goes ....

and he actually threw the whole branch when i was right beside them. There were two lanes of traffic! i would have been mangled if i hadn't swerved and ducked, which was dangerous enough in itself. Was i shocked? not really ....

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭GlennaMaddy

i wont lie i am partial to throwing "boy" into the end of sentences myself :o but thats what i get for growing up 2 miles outside tralee :rolleyes: ... its a sad state of affairs down here :D i get some looks and cheek when cycling around i can tell you boy

fixed that 4u

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Piercemeear

This isn't abuse as such, but: I was waiting to turn left at a coffee shop in Ranelagh and this middle-aged gent sitting at one of the tables outside asked me "Is that a ten-speed or a fifteen-speed?"

Thinking he wanted to have a conversation about my beautiful bike, as often happens, I put a foot down and replied "Ten-speed," with a smile on my face. "All these old Peugeots are."

He responded by starting to sing a tuneless little song: "Blue bike, blue bike, blue bike. Blue bike! Blue bike." It was at that point I noticed the Buckfast bottle sitting under his chair. I nodded appreciatively and moved on.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭Cranky Mc Funhouse

This isn't abuse as such, but: I was waiting to turn left at a coffee shop in Ranelagh and this middle-aged gent sitting at one of the tables outside asked me "Is that a ten-speed or a fifteen-speed?"

Thinking he wanted to have a conversation about my beautiful bike, as often happens, I put a foot down and replied "Ten-speed," with a smile on my face. "All these old Peugeots are."

He responded by starting to sing a tuneless little song: "Blue bike, blue bike, blue bike. Blue bike! Blue bike." It was at that point I noticed the Buckfast bottle sitting under his chair. I nodded appreciatively and moved on.
    Sorry, I did tell my Da to lay off the buckfast. Glad to see hes made progress on the eurovision entry though.

We were called easy rider once in Finglas (there was two of us)

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Redjeep!

Last comment I had shouted at me was from a couple of 10-12 year old lads when I cycled past in my winter tights and really bright club top.

"Does your wife know you're out in her clothes ?"

Made me laugh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

fixed that 4u

thanks :D il tell ye whats abuse a bunch of feckers cutting wood "for safety issues" in my local woods and proceeding to throw all the deadwood into all the little trails i have off the paths :rolleyes: took the bike off a three foot jump that i do nearly every day only to realize the feckers moved two massive logs closer to the landing while landing :mad: lucky i didnt kill myself

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭madrabui

nak wrote: »
    "Lesbians" never gets old, had that shouted a few times when out cycling with groups of women, usually from white van man.

"Jesus you nearly got yourself killed" from someone who nearly drove into the back of me at a red traffic light last week.

My husband got "f*** off you Northern c***, do you know where you are?" from a charming taxi driver. He's Scottish.

Similarish experiences as well.

I'm only back on the back this week since a crappy incident last October. But still even though I kept my head down all week, I got the usual - "I bet you're enjoying that saddle". I swear to God men don't realise how unattractive they are when they say that.

Lovely weather for cycling isn't it?!

Advertisement