Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBci player on your Desire HTC!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

All I get is 'Your phone is not supported' on Samsung Galaxy S when i go on the bbc iplayer site. Running firmware 2.2.

Anyone else get the same error message?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭kgt272

manster wrote: »
    All I get is 'Your phone is not supported' on Samsung Galaxy S when i go on the bbc iplayer site. Running firmware 2.2.

Still working for me on Desire HD, just tried terry wogans ireland and watched it no prob, great picture quality and no buffering of any sort , works a treat! try restarting the phone and trying again! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Archos 101IT Android 2.2 - not working. Skyfire throws up an error "Media error : 1002 : 1003" or something similar.

I think I remember trying Skyfire on this device before and getting some similar error with different content. Shame... had my hopes up there. Maybe Skyfire will update for my device at some stage :/

d31b0y wrote: »
    Archos 101IT Android 2.2 - not working. Skyfire throws up an error "Media error : 1002 : 1003" or something similar.

I think I remember trying Skyfire on this device before and getting some similar error with different content. Shame... had my hopes up there. Maybe Skyfire will update for my device at some stage :/

I did get that error message a few times as well , but after a system restartand not opening anything else it worked ok , maybe other apps or devices running in the background interfere i dunno. I knows its inconsistent sometimes but over the last few days its been perfect for me, not ideal but better then nothing at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Watching the new Top Gear on the college wifi as we speak. Flawless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

BBC Iplayer worked well for me via SkyFire on my Galaxy S. Recently my wife also got a Galaxy S and she gets the same message as you. I cant figure out what the difference is.

BBC Iplayer worked well for me via SkyFire on my Galaxy S. Recently my wife also got a Galaxy S and she gets the same message as you. I cant figure out what the difference is.

Dont know to be honest , there is a setting "load pages as" on top of browser and if this is set as desktop as opposed to android i think it makes a difference! also try a fresh reboot and try the player in skyfire as maybe other apps running could interfere - worth a shot anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭wardie101

Excellent Thanks OP :)

Is there any way around this yet ??

kgt272 wrote: »
    Also it will not play mature content as using the skyfire platform it prohibits you from pressing the "agree to mature content" button when prompted, as in built browser controls block it out. There may be a way around this also!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I'm having a few problems trying to get BBCi player to work on my Samsung Galaxy S.
    I installed Skyfire, changed the "load page as" to "Desktop" but it didn't work. I got the same message as manster got below.

I restarted my phone and tried it again to no avail.
    So I set the "load page as" to "android", (it says the video is not available in your region etc.) and it allows me to click the video button on the Skyfire menu toolbar at the bottom-left of the screen. The video goes to fullscreen and buffers to 100% but for some reason it won't start playing then.
    Anybody any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

I got it working through Skyfire- prob was when I tried to play Louis Thereaux it asked me to tick box that over 16 - this box was bottom of screen and each time went to push it the Play controls came up - and could not move it around to play it :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Anyone got a solution to the guidance warning not being accessible. Most of what id want to watch is blocked cos of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭smackyB

I managed to get around that by changing the phone's orientation, can't remember if it was portrait->landscape or the other way around but it definitely became visible when I did that.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

I restarted my phone and tried it again to no avail.
    So I set the "load page as" to "android", (it says the video is not available in your region etc.) and it allows me to click the video button on the Skyfire menu toolbar at the bottom-left of the screen. The video goes to fullscreen and buffers to 100% but for some reason it won't start playing then.
    Anybody any ideas?

This is still as far as i got on my galaxy. Is it just random that it works on some phones(even same model phones) and not on others:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Register and you have to put in your date of birth. That's all I done and then it seems grand with the whole age thing

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Chelon

For those using a VPN to access iPlayer(on a pc I presume) do you use the browser on your pc or via an RDP session to a machine in the UK, or some other method?

seanybiker wrote: »
    Register and you have to put in your date of birth. That's all I done and then it seems grand with the whole age thing

I've tried registering. I've put in my ancient dob and its still asking me to confirm I'm over 16. Did you do anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Chelon wrote: »
    For those using a VPN to access iPlayer(on a pc I presume) do you use the browser on your pc or via an RDP session to a machine in the UK, or some other method?

Just browser.

smackyB wrote: »
    I managed to get around that by changing the phone's orientation, can't remember if it was portrait->landscape or the other way around but it definitely became visible when I did that.

The Skyfire video player stays in landscape mode for me and I can't see a way of changing the orientation. How did you do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Chelon

srsly78 wrote: »
    Just browser.

In that case does your VPN give you a UK IP address? Mine doesn't & I can't access iPlayer. As I understand it the iPlayer blocks non-UK IPs...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Anyone else had probs playing it the last while- I get to the play part after buffering etc but then nothing happens.

• Advertisement
Advertisement