Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone for treasure hunting?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

grumula wrote: »
    the required password hasn't been sent to the required destination so i have to call bullshot on that one tutts.

Ha ha you are right you win! Kinda hard to do a treasure hunt from Belgium, still though your first clue was easy peasy :)
    Eh, didnt know u were back in cork! Or did you get a flight back to go treasure hunting :)

I'm not I was just messing, not sure if I'll ever get to leave Belgium :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

So I read the first clue, and now I'm standing around like a fool trying to solve the 2nd. It's probably something so simple that I'm missing.

I couldn't put the first clue back to its original position due to gravity, but left it close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Rosicky7 wrote: »
    So I read the first clue, and now I'm standing around like a fool trying to solve the 2nd. It's probably something so simple that I'm missing.

I couldn't put the first clue back to its original position due to gravity, but left it close.

I think I solved the second clue but I figured you had got there before me as I couldn't see what I thought I was looking for.

mudokon wrote: »
    I think I solved the second clue but I figured you had got there before me as I couldn't see what I thought I was looking for.

No I definetly didn't get there before you. I gave up looking, but will have another look sometime today.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭grumula

UPDATE
    well the first clue is officially gone, taken, vanished.
    the second clue is however still firmly in place. which is odd because it's quite simple to get from 1 to 2, so in the interest of fairness i am making a decree:

if any boardies have clue one and are still trying to solve it PM me with a description of the clue object and i'll give you more time.
    if however this doesn't happen by (undisclosed time), then i will release the first clue publicly on the tumblr and this thread.

that's all forks

(edit- sorry, posted this before realising that this thread had a third page, derpaderpderp)
    still- if it comes to a very big halt i think my decree will apply- i'm also here to help if my handwriting was illegible and whatnot)

• Advertisement

That's a shame about the clue going missing it was still there around 2ish.

I'll have to have another look for clue 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

maybe we should go out this evening and look?!

but does that mean clue one and two are gone now :confused:

i'll probably leak it tonight when i get a few cans in me shadow,
    y'know, in the interest of fairness, and good ol' competition, and so i don't get lumbered with an economy sized box of ****ing medals!;)

You could go out hunting tonight but it would be a waste of time.
    i-am-victorious.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Victory-Baby

mudokon wrote: »
    You could go out hunting tonight but it would be a waste of time.
    i-am-victorious.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Victory-Baby

Did you really find it? Hmmmm. :D

If you did, PM me where it was! The clue is killing me, tried a load of places in and around the area. Probably a waste of time.

• Advertisement

Rosicky7 wrote: »
    Did you really find it? Hmmmm. :D

If you did, PM me where it was! The clue is killing me, tried a load of places in and around the area. Probably a waste of time.

I did really find it :D, there are probably a few people in Cork who think I'm a bit weird now pacman.gif. PM on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

We can now add you to corks characters mudokon hehehaha!

We can now add you to corks characters mudokon hehehaha!

Woohoo, I'll be the guy who walks around the same phonebox over and over occassionally jumping up and down.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Damn, I know where it is but I'm not in the city cos I'm at home doing thesis :(

confirmed

mudokon has won the game!
    huzzah!
    congrats and backslaps to the victor!
    hisses and boos to the envious losers!:p

i've sent the rendezvous info to the address you emailed me from mudo! (nice addy by the way)!

the new game will begin in just over a week, hopefully with higher production values!

thanks to everyone who took part or just generally showed interest, this was a great waste of a few days.

next post will be the medal get tumblr update.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

grumula wrote: »
    confirmed

mudokon has won the game!
    huzzah!
    congrats and backslaps to the victor!
    hisses and boos to the envious losers!:p

i've sent the rendezvous info to the address you emailed me from mudo! (nice addy by the way)!

the new game will begin in just over a week, hopefully with higher production values!

thanks to everyone who took part or just generally showed interest, this was a great waste of a few days.

next post will be the medal get tumblr update.:D

Where was it? Any pictures? Im not from Cork but i visit abit as the girlfriend started work in Cork but didnt get anyone the clues:confused:

Vain wrote: »
    Where was it? Any pictures? Im not from Cork but i visit abit as the girlfriend started work in Cork but didnt get anyone the clues:confused:

the original(physical) clue was in the phonebox outside paul st. shopping centre, the following 3 lead you to a location on cook st. (just off patrick st.) outside nationwide.

the pics will accompany the update on the tumblr after i meet mudokon to relieve the treasures into his custardy!

thanx fer watching squire!

After an epic scheduling conflict, the tumblr is finally updated.
    Mudokon is immortalised, and all is as it should be.
    I'm putting the next hunt together as we speak, a lot of fine tuning and thought needed though.
    thanks to all who took part/posted/showed even the vaguest interest.
    http://grumulastreasurehunt.tumblr.com/
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭HooterSnout

Aww, you gave that tall man a chocolate medal. :D

Advertisement