Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone for treasure hunting?

Options
  • 17-01-2011 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Alright, so heres the deal.
    I've been fairly inactive since moving to the peoples republic a couple of months ago thanks to my own special heady brew mix of hideous time eating job and good ol' lethargy.
    I've also been lurking on the cork boards and it seems plenty o' peeps are bored ****less recently, i'd love to go to one o' the meetups/bookclubs and whathaveya but my hours change all the time and i could never commit- assuming others are in the same stinking hole ridden boat- i'm gonna do a little something just for us! a treasure hunt, i'll photoblog it and hopefully we can all distract eachother from the hideous voices for a brief amount of time.
    the details are here
    http://grumulastreasurehunt.tumblr.com/
    hopefully(if successful) it will become more elaborate and interesting, but hey, we're beta testing here.
    if you're interested or have any suggestions or criticism please reply to the thread and lay a big wet piece of yer mind on me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

We do them regularly in the Mini club I'm in, they're hilarious fun. We normally do a few small ones, and one huge on on Hallowe'en. Best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭grumula

We do them regularly in the Mini club I'm in, they're hilarious fun. We normally do a few small ones, and one huge on on Hallowe'en. Best of luck with it!

thanks for the good vibrations doctor, much appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

This sounds like fun. I've bookmarked your page, followed this thread, and will be awaiting your first treasure. :)

Rosicky7 wrote: »
    This sounds like fun. I've bookmarked your page, followed this thread, and will be awaiting your first treasure. :)

nice one rosicky, i should be planting the first item this coming tuesday, i'll update the tumblr with the clue sometime in the evening, glad to have ya onboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

WANT. PRIZE.

I love this idea :D Eagerly awaiting clues!

• Advertisement

WANT. PRIZE.

I love this idea :D Eagerly awaiting clues!

i was gonna start out pretty simple and then step it up a notcharoo, but i dont wanna disappoint yer good self, so a slight vaguery gently folded into an enigma is coming your way texty, thanks for the interest and good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Interesting ... are you the 96fm fugitive also? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Sounds good, I want to win!!:D

tommy21 wrote: »
    Interesting ... are you the 96fm fugitive also? ;)
    sorry to disapoint tommy, but your fugitive is in another castle.

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Sounds good, I want to win!!:D
    i have it on good authority,(from the great magnet who controls all things), that you're in with a fighting chance cadyboo! tune in to the tumblr tomorrow night for clues!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

cool idea!! hope i win

cool idea!! hope i win

i hope you can too shadow, who knows, maybe with our hopes combined, something.......epic.........just.......might...........................

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

grumula wrote: »
    sorry to disapoint tommy, but your fugitive is in another castle.

[Nerd hat on] Love the Mario reference!

Can't wait for this evening now, I hope it's a difficult item to find, I like a challenge. :D

Rosicky7 wrote: »
    Can't wait for this evening now, I hope it's a difficult item to find, I like a challenge. :D

the first one isn't gonna be that tough, i just wanted to try a simple one first to work out the kinks, but hey, i'm back now, and i've updated the tumblr,

and heeeeeere weeeeee go!:rolleyes:
    http://grumulastreasurehunt.tumblr.com/

I know the clue! But I'm not in town, but will be there tomorrow morning. I ain't sayin' nuthin'. :D

teehee easy peasy

teehee easy peasy

there will be some actual searching also guys,
    don't count your weasles before they pop,
    also remember that the first there can ruin it for the rest by just taking clues with them, (i in no way condone this sort of behaviour:P)

there will be some actual searching also guys,
    don't count your weasles before they pop,
    also remember that the first there can ruin it for the rest by just taking clues with them, (i in no way condone this sort of behaviour:P)

whut

Just in case it wasn't clear (there is a small body of text under the clue on the tumbler)- the picture clue leads you to a location, hidden there is another handwritten clue- this takes you to another- that takes you to the item and secret code!
    I wasn't gonna make it too easy, get crackin'!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

:eek: I've just came back from the place of the first clue :mad:.

The race is on Rosicky7. :D

mudokon wrote: »

enlighten the thread mudokon,
    was the first clue still there? if so did you leave it when you left?
    your willy nilly emoticon use is baffling the hell outa me, i gotta go get ready to go out fer awhile- the suspense is terrible, i hope it lasts!

good luck citizens!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

enlighten the thread mudokon,
    was the first clue still there? if so did you leave it when you left?
    your willy nilly emoticon use is baffling the hell outa me, i gotta go get ready to go out fer awhile- the suspense is terrible, i hope it lasts!

good luck citizens!

Sorry for all the smileys. :o In my head it went like this.

:eek: I was just there.
    :mad: as I didn't know the clue was there when I was there.

So I don't know whether the clue is still there, tell me where you left it and I'll go check. :pac: (one more smiley for good measure)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Cookie.munster

Class idea this.
    But Grumula, I wonder if you are having heaps of fun watching folk scour for clues thru nightvision binoculars...? :D

mudokon wrote: »

Oh it's on Mudokon! Except I'll have to check tomorrow morning. :D

Class idea this.
    But Grumula, I wonder if you are having heaps of fun watching folk scour for clues thru nightvision binoculars...? :D

hehehehehehehe, i mean................. no?

so i was just at the first clue site a few hours ago after my business in town, someone definitely read the first clue, but left it there, i quickly restored it and got outa there like the goddamn batman, i had a quick jaunt down to clue two which remained completely undisturbed, i also checked on the curio. my guess is some randomer found the first one, read it and didn't bother their hole. kids today, feckin' gombeen probably went home to play marios treasure hunt on the wii- tsk!
    anyway- good luck citizens, i'll be keepin' tabs tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I have it I have it ha ha, the statue is all mine and what a talkative fellow he is too!

kingtut wrote: »
    I have it I have it ha ha, the statue is all mine and what a talkative fellow he is too!

the required password hasn't been sent to the required destination so i have to call bullshot on that one tutts.

• Advertisement

kingtut wrote: »

Eh, didnt know u were back in cork! Or did you get a flight back to go treasure hunting :)

Advertisement