Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illuminati Theories = Free Advertising

Options
  • 15-01-2011 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭

I'm sure we've all seen and heard plenty about musicians and entertainers who are part of the Illuminati and have plans to one day rule the world/kill the gingers/do lots of very naughty things. Now all these conspiracy theories generate a lot of publicity for those suspected Illuminati. And all publicity is good publicity right? Being involved in a popular conspiracy theory could be as good as millions of dollars worth of advertising. All for free with the work being done by someone else.

But what if it's deliberate?

What if the celebrities have already discovered the great advertising potential of conspiracy theories and put Illuminati symbols in their work to stir up a fuss? Take as an example the song HAM, from the as-yet unreleased collaboration between Jay-Z and Kanye West. The artwork for the single looks designed simply to provoke conspiracy theorists and potheads.

I'll say it is. And I'll say it's not the first time this has happened. That, my friends, is the real conspiracy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

I dont see it as black and white as that personally.
    There are those(who you mentioned) who may use it as a cheap way to market themselves and then there are those in the same line of work who might actually believe in what they are doing.
    And then those again who maybe dont realise what they are being asked to do.
    Consider the ritual sacrifice and loss of virginity symbolism in Lady Gagas live shows a year or so ago.Some kind of awards iirc.
    Since kids and teens are watching this stuff, do you think they would go so far as corrupting millions of young minds because it might make them popular?
    Surely what makes singers and performers popular is their songs colourful shows and fireworks etc
    Oh ye and because MTV says so.

So why the need to constantly follow a kabbalistic/satanic trend when they can do it normally and about many many other subjects?

I would argue that because the main artists are doing it for whatever reason the rest are now following along hanging onto their tails for popularity as it is becoming more and more popular.
    This is as you say advertising working its way into the publics minds.
    Remember most of their followers havent the slightest clue what any of this symbolism means.

Ive mentioned before if anyone is looking to release a new product to the age groups of around 15-25 that the one eye symbol with a hand blocking the other would possibly have a bit of an edge due to the popularity now of those symbols.

Shades of grey i say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

If I were to argue that Lady Gaga and co. were corrupting young people's minds I would say that it is be because they introduce kids to sex at a young age and distort their views on it. I have an inkling that the kiddies are not so perceptive to the ritual sacrifice stuff

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

I think your hypothesis of a crass marketing ploy exploiting the medium of the internet is undoubtedly true to an extent but it doesn¨t go the whole way to be explaining everything imo.

They could create the same internet buzz and chatter by sticking to fairly innocent and innocous Da Vinci Code type conspiracy theories and still achieve an equivalent amount of hype.

But they don't. They embrace some of the most lurid and depraved themes imaginable. Human sex-slavery, paedophilia, rape, demonixc poessesion, mind control, suicide, satanism etc.

Additionally, these same symbols themes are not exclusive to music they can be found in fashion, movies, architecture, art, corporate logos, advertising, tv programmes and so on. Not only that be they have been prominent in entertainment since before the dawn of the internet. Up until the last few years only a handful of occultists and freemasons and the like would have noticed the the themes and symbolism hidden in plain sight.

Another flaw in your theory is that the majority of Americans are religious and the vast majority of these are Christians, and not only in the bible-belt areas. The US market is the only real market they are concerned about.

This kind of crap pop music is primarily marketed towards the young as far as I can tell. They are taking a potentially career fatal risk by pushing anti-religous themes with the religious parents who provide the pocket money for for the kids who buy their concert tickets, CD's and merchandise. And for what...? So buy people can discuss it on the internet? Nah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

If you were a secret, shadowy, sinister organisation, why would you go around deliberately leaving clues for amateur sleuths to follow?

It fails the old logic test I'm afraid.

If you were a secret, shadowy, sinister organisation, why would you go around deliberately leaving clues for amateur sleuths to follow?

No. It fails your logic test. Which is not the same thing.

• Advertisement

No. It fails your logic test. Which is not the same thing.
    Well perhaps you would explain why it would be advantageous to a secret society to advertise itself? Doesn't that rather defeat the whole secrecy element?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

Because it doesn't exist?

Well perhaps you would explain why it would be advantageous to a secret society to advertise itself? Doesn't that rather defeat the whole secrecy element?

The symbols are another form of language essentially. They are a means of communicating between the initiates which excludes the profane.

I can't explain it in a single post - look it up yourself.

The symbols are another form of language essentially. They are a means of communicating between the initiates which excludes the profane.

I can't explain it in a single post - look it up yourself.
    So instead of -say - using a secure internet channel, or a phone, they work a picture of a pyramid or something into a Lady Gaga video?

Interesting theory. Not so good for communicating the detailed specifics of their massively complex conspiracies though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

The flipside of the OP is that many non main stream artists are also talking about the same sort of thing and it would appear it has nothing to do with selling records. These dudes are an underground hip hop group very few people know about them. This was released in 99'. Dont think they are dropping this to sell records its what they see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

WakeUp wrote: »
    The flipside of the OP is that many non main stream artists are also talking about the same sort of thing and it would appear it has nothing to do with selling records. These dudes are an underground hip hop group very few people know about them. This was released in 99'. Dont think they are dropping this to sell records its what they see.

so why they use them then??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

CEO's "Illuminata" song (no video) from his album "White Magic"

Lots of symbolism in the video for his debut single "Come with Me"

The whole illuminati thing is widespread meme. It's in the DaVinci code, how many billion folks have read that? So it's hardly surprising to see it pop up in popular culture. As I said above, it would appear to be an odd way for 'Illuminati initiates' to communicate their complex conspiracies by having an eye or a pyramid in a pop video rather than by picking up the phone.

Actually, the eye and the pyramid thing reminds me of the start of Bladerunner - eyes are a big theme in that film and the HQ of the Tyrell corporation is a big pyramid/ziggarut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

robtri wrote: »
    so why they use them then??

have no idea man its just what they are talking about I dont know there motives for doing it will look into though see if I can find anything out.

Would any illuminati fans please address the point I'm making? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

WakeUp wrote: »
    have no idea man its just what they are talking about I dont know there motives for doing it will look into though see if I can find anything out.

be curious to know myself...

like i cant believe its messages to other members.. . that doesnt make sense on any level to me..

i can see the cash in on advertising cash angle...

but neither satisfy

One theory is,
    They want us to worship these symbols which represent certain things to them.
    To get us to worship these symbols they use popular role models as mediums.
    As to why they wish us to worship those symbols and accept them into our lives along with themes of ritual sacrifice and so on im not sure.
    But i do see the worship going on alot now and at the same time complete ignorance.
    Maybe just another form of religion replacing the old school religions.
    The big mainstream religions have had their day and possibly its time for the underground polar opposites to shine and break through.
    I would say both are as bad as each other.
    Possibly all of these have and will be to control masses of people and has been used since the egyptian or greek "times" to keep people ignorant and content at the same time.
    While the kids are worhsipping Rhainna and the ole ones are worshipping God, "they" can go about their bussiness.

While the satanic/kabbalist side has a bad rep for embracing immoral acts i suppose we should at the same time give as much credit to the churches for their part in corrupting the world.

Torakx wrote: »
    One theory is,
    They want us to worship these symbols which represent certain things to them.
    To get us to worship these symbols they use popular role models as mediums.
    But I don't see how people are going to start worshipping symbols without any obvious ideology behind them. For example, Christians didn't start worshipping the cross, the started worshipping Jesus - the cross is just shorthand for him and his ideology. If the Christian cult just popped a load of crosses around the place when it started without explaining the meaning behind them, then folks would not have started to worship the cross per se, would they?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

But I don't see how people are going to start worshipping symbols without any obvious ideology behind them. For example, Christians didn't start worshipping the cross, the started worshipping Jesus - the cross is just shorthand for him and his ideology. If the Christian cult just popped a load of crosses around the place when it started without explaining the meaning behind them, then folks would not have started to worship the cross per se, would they?

I don't think anyone is saying that they are communicating in the traditional sense, as in sending coded messages to one another.

Rather it could be a way of saying "We are here", so when a fellow illuminati person says, lets say, a government agency that has the all seeing eye and pyramid of illumination, they can see that it has been infiltrated.

It could be as simple as people getting kicks out of hiding their symbol in music videos. So lets say one of the producers of Lady Gaga is a member of the illuminati, sticking illuminati imagery into the videos might give them a few kicks?

I don't see how you could argue its a way of promoting the music though. In fairness fvck all people would take notice or pay any heed to it.

yekahs wrote: »
    I don't think anyone is saying that they are communicating in the traditional sense, as in sending coded messages to one another.

Rather it could be a way of saying "We are here", so when a fellow illuminati person says, lets say, a government agency that has the all seeing eye and pyramid of illumination, they can see that it has been infiltrated.
    But why not just pick up the phone and tell your fellow Illuminati that you're working in the Federal Reserve or Lady Gaga's retinue or whatever? It can't be a very well organised all-powerful secret society if they have to resort to what amount to smoke signals in the mass media. Furthermore, if you infiltrate the American government to a level where you get pyramids and eyes on the currency, then you'd better be aware that it's going to be there for quite a while and you might not. You might be signalling an infilrtration that no longer stands. Anyway, the whole thing is a bit silly if you consider that if no direct communication is possible, you wouldn't be able to organise a coffee morning, never mind taking over the world.
    It could be as simple as people getting kicks out of hiding their symbol in music videos. So lets say one of the producers of Lady Gaga is a member of the illuminati, sticking illuminati imagery into the videos might give them a few kicks?
    That's more like it I reckon - but probably more along the lines of CT fans waving to each other. It happens in other areas of culture - writers slipping Smiths lyrics into their books that only fellow fans would recognise, that sort of thing.
    I don't see how you could argue its a way of promoting the music though. In fairness fvck all people would take notice or pay any heed to it.
    Yeah, just to be clear I'm not arguing that at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Why not? The illumanati and conspiracies in general are huge business and have a massive following among the very demographic the likes of Jay Z and Lady Gaga are aiming themselves at.

It used to be that all heavy metal bands were devil worshippers, and Ozzy was biting the head of bats and little girls. Now it's pop stars are all freemasons. Plus ca Change!!

It would be handy to think they just rebranded Satan as molok/Bahumat
    to go into the pop music industry but then again these pop stars arent exactly saying we love you molok etc.
    They are using symbols and references that their fans dont understand.
    If its not for the fans to outrightly understand(as in heavy metal ) then its for someone else.
    That someone else isnt going to buy their music cd's because of the symbols i think.
    That would be someone like me going out and listening to that kind of stuff which isnt going to happen especially when i understand alot of the symbols.

That brings me back to the hidden in plain sight theory and also worship of these symbols.
    To Montyburnz i understand the point your making.
    What im trying to explain is that you can worship something in ignorance.
    The fans believe or maybe dont even realise they are worshipping these stars and their actions.
    Alot of these stars seem to be representing freemasons,kaballists,satanic worship.So while the fans think they are paying homage to their fav artist at the same time they are also accepting these symbols and their philosophies into their lives(unconsciously) through the stories and symbols in the videos, songs and i would argue films aswell.

To me it looks like they are tryng to put those symbols out their into the publics minds to be taken in a positive lght.They happen to represent alot of philosophies too,so im guessing these philosophies are going to someday become the next religion.
    Although since we are more and more becoming and made to become consumers maybe the new religion of the future isnt what we would think.
    Maybe its music and the priests are the singers.
    Infact isnt that what is happening right now? but obviously if they were priests it would be satanic lol

Like i said the polar opposite of the churches has its time to shine now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭DeBunny

Completely agree with the OP.

Jay Z is a very intelligent man and is renowned as an excellent marketer and business man. He's using very vocal conspiracy theorists too generate a lot of valuable free marketing. He does this by using violent and graphic images along with symbols to which people have attached meaning. If he used images and symbols which weren't controversial his marketing scheme simply wouldn't work.

A very popular book among business people and marketers is a book called 'The Tipping Point' by Malcolm Gladwell. It explains how ideas, fashions, etc spread like viruses without any driving intelligence or reason. Also popular among marketers is the chapter on memes in Richard Dawkins' 'The Selfish Gene'. Have a read of these if you really want to understand what Jay Z is doing by using these symbols. Marketers understand how ideas spread and they use this understanding to make money.

The Wilhelm Scream is a great example of a meme. This sound effect has been used in thousands of films as an in joke among film makers. It doesn't mean that all these people have conspired to use it or that there is any connection between these film makers other than the fact that they make films. The idea spread all on it's own.
    The rick roll meme is another good example of a meme. Did all the people who played this trick conspire together? Where they trying to send a message to each other? No, the idea spread on it's own with out any reason. The same thing happens with symbols, languages and viruses.
    The illuminati symbolism meme is particularly virulent because it exploits peoples fear and curiosity as it is associated with mysticism and a bit of good ol' sex and violence.

Jay Z and the like clearly understand how ideas spread. The conspiracy theory phenomenon has a massive audience and they are using vocal conspiracy theorists as vectors or hosts to spread their message/virus.
    That's just my theory, but it is definitely far more likely and a lot simpler than the malicious, conspiratorial, world domination, illuminati messaging system theory.
    I know if I was a budding rap artist I'd certainly jump on the illuminati symbolism band wagon/gravy train.

[edit] Also, any band or artist worth their salt know that image is all too important when it comes to making money in a floundering industry. Not only does the illuminati symbolism thing provide a ready made brand image, it also has the added bonus of selling itself via conspiracy theorists. It's sheer genius on the part of who ever thought of it.

[edit 2] Sure even if it was a malicious conspiracy, the devil doesn't exist. So what's the big woop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭DeBunny

This kind of crap pop music is primarily marketed towards the young as far as I can tell. They are taking a potentially career fatal risk by pushing anti-religous themes with the religious parents who provide the pocket money for for the kids who buy their concert tickets, CD's and merchandise. And for what...? So buy people can discuss it on the internet? Nah.

Ever since Elvis, controversial music has been mass marketed at kids who want to rebel. No where is this more effective than in the oppressive environment of the bible belt. It's standard practice in the American music industry to become cool on the east and west coasts then make make your money in conservative middle America. Haven't you ever bought an album because it had the added value of pissing your parents off?

I should point out what im talking about isnt Jay-Z type of stuff.
    He blatantly raps about illuminatti quite alot almost like a broken record, much more than 2pac or biggysmalls would have to get a rise.
    Im talking about the more subtle ways of doing it.The fans have no idea what it means and sometimes no idea its their at all floating in the background or flashed quickly.
    Choosing Jay-z as an example is similar to picking Ozzy Osbourne with satanic references.He isnt trying to sell it(like other artists), just make some noise and sell his ass for money.
    If you throw him more dollars he might stand on his head at the same time lol
    But i guess fair play, he is making money off it and i always believe in that old maxim.Let he who wishes to be decieved, be decieved. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,486 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

It's always important to know your stuff, and from what you're saying you don't seem to know very much yet you deem yourself qualified enough to have a go at people who I know do know their stuff.
    Secret socities are not secret in as much as nobody knows about them.
    They are socities with secrets, not all of those socities with secrets are hell bent on world domination.

I've researched a lot of this stuff over the years, some of it I can believe other parts I don't care for, but at least I've done my homework.

If you'd like to know more PM me and I'll be happy to help you to understand this stuff a little better, or at least give you the gist of it.

nullzero wrote: »
    It's always important to know your stuff, and from what you're saying you don't seem to know very much yet you deem yourself qualified enough to have a go at people who I know do know their stuff.
    Sorry - I'm just asking what seem to me to be common-sense questions. I'm not pretending to be an expert, but if a theory doesn't make sense then I think it's fair to point that out and hear how other people answer the questions.

studiorat wrote: »
    Why not? The illumanati and conspiracies in general are huge business and have a massive following among the very demographic the likes of Jay Z and Lady Gaga are aiming themselves at.

It used to be that all heavy metal bands were devil worshippers, and Ozzy was biting the head of bats and little girls. Now it's pop stars are all freemasons. Plus ca Change!!

Aren't the conspiracies about the music industry all based on the people who control the business side using the artists as pawns?

I don't very much think that Ozzy Osbourne was planning to infect the minds of a generation with weird symbolism.
    In fact talking about Black Sabbath didn't they state that they were shocked by the imagery their record company used on their record sleeves?
    Seemingly they never Ok'd a lot of it but I'm sure they were having too good a time to care at that stage anyway.

If you're stupid enough to believe that somebody as vacuous as Lady Gaga or Jay Z have the abiltity to control the worlds youth through their own cunning you deserve whatever it is you get.

Sorry - I'm just asking what seem to me to be common-sense questions. I'm not pretending to be an expert, but if a theory doesn't make sense then I think it's fair to point that out and hear how other people answer the questions.

Well you know what they say, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
    All questions are welcome, the sense that you're somehow smarter than the people you're aiming them at when you clearly don't have any insight into the topics you're discussing doesn't reflect badly on anyone but yourself, it's fine by me if thats how you want to carry on.

• Advertisement

The whole illuminati thing is widespread meme. It's in the DaVinci code, how many billion folks have read that? So it's hardly surprising to see it pop up in popular culture. As I said above, it would appear to be an odd way for 'Illuminati initiates' to communicate their complex conspiracies by having an eye or a pyramid in a pop video rather than by picking up the phone.

Actually, the eye and the pyramid thing reminds me of the start of Bladerunner - eyes are a big theme in that film and the HQ of the Tyrell corporation is a big pyramid/ziggarut.

That symbolism is a lot older than Blade Runner.
    I'm going though this thread and I relaly do thin that you should at least pop over to Youtube and pick up some basics on this stuff, you know as ammunition for your arguments here.

Advertisement