Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where did your interest in Ice Hockey come from?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

I guess i started liking Hockey Many years ago,its probably my favourite sport to watch!

I also like Football however but Hockey I think is #1 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

I had always enjoyed hockey when the winter Olympics were on tv in the '70's - grudge matches between the Czechs v USSR, and USA - USSR etc.
    Then in 1992 I visited friends in Philadelphia and was taken to see a pre-season match between the Flyers and Washington Capitals-full house, wonderful atmosphere, marvellous. Flyers won 5-2 I think.
    Then, fortunately, Ice Hockey came to Belfast, and because I lived nearby in Lisburn, I went along there for the first couple of seasons. Haven't been to a match for ages now, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭The House Of Wolves

I got into it about April of this year. One of my American friends got into it, and I followed. My mam also was a fan because she was an iceskater back in the day. I chose the Hawks as my team purely because I've always been a fan of Chicago as a city (no idea why.) Since then I've learned how the hell the game works, major players and most importantly, how to get into it myself. Which doesn't seem to be a possibility, considering the lack of rinks in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

Move to Belfast, simples.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

i'm canadian :p
    watched hockey all the time with my grandpa and da when i was a kid. played hockey on the girls team in high school......& every saturday night was spent with ron maclean & don cherry :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Meeting my wife. I always liked hockey to an extent, but my wife is Slovak, and they are obsessive about it, so that got me into it.

I recommend it to everyone, love it.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

Advertisement