Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Gweedling

Who's staying up for the Pats game tonight? I know I shouldn't but I really don't want to miss this game. Work in the morning, I'll be suffering if i stay up till 5am watching it. Contemplating a power hour nap now so it doesn't hurt too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Gweedling wrote: »
    Who's staying up for the Pats game tonight?

Fúck yeah, wouldn't miss it.

So glad I stayed up for this now, watching the Pats play like this is a joy to watch.

Well worth it alright and 2 hours sleep is a price worth paying for that performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Great things all round last night. That drive at the end of the 3rd/start of the 4th quarter was key with the amount of time it took off the clock. The jets are a joke of a franchise and BB beat them at their own game - hard hitting, ground and pound and good special teams. Those DB's were flying all over the place, they were dropping sledgehammers left right and centre.

The much maligned Steve Gregory had a whale of a game!

• Advertisement

I was worried they'd be struggling without Gronk, I noticed they ran the ball a lot more than usual, Ridley had a good game, and Edelman was outstanding for two days in a row. Wilfork played a blinder as well, everything just went right for them. I'm getting geared up now for the Texans game in a couple of weeks, that's going to be the one that'll tell us if we're good enough for the playoffs and superbowl. I was doubtful at the start of the season, but the past three or four games they've been outstanding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭resdubwhite

JEts have to fire Tannenbaum.
    that is a poor roster and thy are paying close to the cap for it. there are too many players too expensive to cut.

having said that. Epic display last night. Vereens TD was a thing of beauty

• Registered Users Posts: 37,882 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

JEts have to fire Tannenbaum.
    that is a poor roster and thy are paying close to the cap for it. there are too many players too expensive to cut.

having said that. Epic display last night. Vereens TD was a thing of beauty
    Yep the Jets screwed themselves last year with all those free agent signings. I have a feeling Ryan will be gone before the end of the season. Personally I think he is a decent coach and I'll be glad to see him leave there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

And Salas is now an eagle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

1000th post

• Advertisement

So many positives from last nights game, Gregory had an amazing game and is hopefully beginning to justify our free agency move for him. Dennard just gets better and better, he really gets around the field and packs so much power and aggression. The defense as a unit seem to be playing so much more aggressively now and it's paying off. Wilfork just crushed all before him as he led the tidal wave.

Offensively the run game goes from strength to strength. Ridley and Vereen really wore down the Jets defense last night.The receiving corp did a nice job and Edelman had another excellent game. Hernandez will take a couple of games to get into full stride and a pity he lost that nice TD near the end due to the opi call. Brady as usual was masterful, his QB sneak record is unrivaled and no one can act the play action fake better than him.

Leinsterr wrote: »
    1000th post

Fail, looks like Masked Man beat you to the punch on that one.:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

America's Game featuring the '04 Pats is on Sky Sports 4 now

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yep the Jets screwed themselves last year with all those free agent signings. I have a feeling Ryan will be gone before the end of the season. Personally I think he is a decent coach and I'll be glad to see him leave there.
    They'll be years correcting their roster errors of 2010 and 11. Good enough for the loud mouths.

Really think they'll be trying to shift Revis in the off season. Good luck getting a good return for him (late twenties on a massive final year of contract, off an ACL injury)
    Woody may keep Ryan, given he's the main character in the soap opera that makes the Jets news worthy. I think they have a new GM in the new season. And Rex gets a short leash.

And Jermain Cunningham is suspended for four games for PEDs.

Masked Man wrote: »
    Was it adderall too? I know that Dick Sherman and the other seahawk were caught for this. Tom E Curran is on twitter at the moment saying that its commonly used as a masking agent

damn.

Given Jones injury his suspension will hurt the team badly.

Loving the cover of football weekly :D

693321969.jpg?key=15002100&Expires=1354049699&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=kAbr1DC-yo6C6e~kBgJlvG2AONdeSVZu8JHElk-A5lUMeA8Q9D5YNlgNqVCryB7O67TFYVvyTL0X~yZQOjeiSdfMWStiG4KNbNAOMfwR0WBDCqVwgXcNFzNPg3rM-5IgBeMjRBMJX805ovKDte31Z22S8~7nZ9D37q-ZmYFnfRk_

Always find these suspensions laughable, because if they were really serious they would be suspending at least half the league.

Always find these suspensions laughable, because if they were really serious they would be suspending at least have the league.

I've become quite cynical over the last 6 months or so when it comes to PED usage in pretty much all sports. I want to believe that most pro sports are clean but tbh I kinda think the only ones that are going to get punished are the ones who are stupid enough to get caught.

• Advertisement

I've become quite cynical over the last 6 months or so when it comes to PED usage in pretty much all sports. I want to believe that most pro sports are clean but tbh I kinda think the only ones that are going to get punished are the ones who are stupid enough to get caught.

It doesn't come much worse than professional cycling, I had to laugh at all the cyclists condemning Armstrong recently. Yet you'd be hard pressed to find a clean competitor amongst the hypocrites.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

So Edelman goes down, Stallworth comes in scores a TD and goes down....

Our receiving corps is not having a very durable year.

Branch is back in, if he goes down we may see a return of Ochocinco

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

So, who do you guys fear in the play-offs?

I'm no expert and have only really been following the NFL properly for a couple of years but in the AFC, the teams I dont want are the Ravens and (somewhat irrationally based on how they're playing!) the Steelers. I'd be reasonably confident against anyone else (even away to them).

In the NFC, the two I'd fear most are probably the Packers and the Giants (damn bogey team).

What about you guys?

SK1979 wrote: »

I'm no expert and have only really been following the NFL properly for a couple of years but in the AFC, the teams I dont want are the Ravens and (somewhat irrationally based on how they're playing!) the Steelers. I'd be reasonably confident against anyone else (even away to them).

In the NFC, the two I'd fear most are probably the Packers and the Giants (damn bogey team).

What about you guys?
    Denver at mile high

• Registered Users Posts: 37,882 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

BizzyC wrote: »
    So Edelman goes down, Stallworth comes in scores a TD and goes down....

Our receiving corps is not having a very durable year.

Branch is back in, if he goes down we may see a return of Ochocinco
    No chance of that happening no matter what. I think if they sign somebody else it will be Jabar Gaffney.

Totally agree with EE there, no chance of resigning Ocho. The Patriots playbook was just way to complex for him. The guy couldn't find Route 66 never mind run the correct route.

SK1979 wrote: »

What about you guys?

The only thing that worries me is the patriots themselves, but if they play their best stuff then no one will live with them. It would be nice to have key players like Gronk ect staying injury free during the playoffs. The only thing that worries me about the likes of the Ravens is their luck. They've had their fair share of lucky victories this season and their win-loss record certainly flatters them. So I don't really worry about other teams, football is an unpredictable game at the best of times and 2007 was a perfect example of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Tough looking schedule on paper for the Patriots next year:
    Home
    Browns
    Steelers
    Saints
    Buccaneers
    Broncos
    Bills
    Dolphins
    Jets

Away
    Ravens
    Bengals
    Falcons
    Panthers
    Texans
    Bills
    Dolphins
    Jets

Nearly all non division games are against a very good team

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Hazys wrote: »
    Tough looking schedule on paper for the Patriots next year:

Nearly all non division games are against a very good team

Any idea when the dates for these games are releases? Hoping to go over for Black Friday and maybe catch a patriots game

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Schedule wont be out till mid summer

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement