Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

JCTO wrote: »
    Bullsh1t. I expect the Pats to fight this including Tom Brady.

There's no way they can accept that punishment. Especially being hit with draft picks, when the report said the team weren't involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,077 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I am eagerly awaiting the commencement of the Pats fightback on this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

His first game back would be against Indy. How utterly predictable.

How the **** were we fined picks and money when the report actually exonerated the organisation!?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

His first game back would be against Indy. How utterly predictable.

How the **** were we fined picks and money when the report actually exonerated the organisation!?

That's a very valid point. If Brady did wrong (no real proof) the Pats were pretty much cleared. Beyond ridiculous. It'll be a disaster for the NFL when this gets dragged through the courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Failing to cooperate, which I believe is easily disputed.

TBF, the fine is $1m, but not having to pay Brady for 4 games saves $2m :confused:

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Hazys wrote: »
    Arrington to be released wtf!??!?

Who needs cornerbacks anyway?

Current CB roster:

Malcolm Butler, Bradley Fletcher, Logan Ryan, Robert McClain, Chimdi Chekwa, Dax Swanson, Justin Green and rookies Darryl Roberts, Jimmy Jean and Eric Patterson.

That is nightmare fuel.

Edelman to feature as a DB again?! There must be a trade or something in the works because that collection is miserable.

As for the deflategate punishments - absurd.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,860 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Honestly I want to meet Roger Goodell now so I can thump the head off him.

How about he goes out and investigates every team and takes the pregame and halftime measurements for all games and punishes every team who had similar results to the Patriots when you take into account weather conditions.

You can bet your life he won't do that because he has something personal against the Patriots. We are the victims of an unfair system where we have been punished on two occasions now for things that every team has done. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

My post on the other thread:
    What pisses me off the most. Whatever about pissing on Brady:
    “In accepting the findings of the report, we note that the report identified no evidence of wrongdoing or knowledge of wrongdoing on the part of any member of the coaching staff, including Head Coach Bill Belichick, or by any Patriots’ staff member other than Mr. Jastremski and Mr. McNally, including head equipment manager Dave Schoenfeld. Similarly, the Wells report is clear that Patriots ownership and executives did not participate in any way in the misconduct, or have knowledge of the misconduct,”

NFL you talk about integrity. Go fook yourselves. $1m fine and 2 draft picks. Absolutely ludicrous..

I really am pissed off about this. Ok you blame Brady and you piss on him with 4 game ban and you clearly said the Pats organization had nothing to do with it and now this.

Goodell you absolute ******* *******

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭me89

Wow. What **** news to wake up to. absolute bull****

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

I've read some mad posts in other forums from Pats fans, speaking about all the Jest Jets connections in the league office and how they were lining us up. And now weeks later, their predictions were worse than I could have imagined. I'm glad to see Bob finally getting pissed off, I hope he buries Goodell.

Good thing we signed Dom Grady to replace #12

Dom_Grady.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Any thoughts on Arrington to the Ravens lads? I'm pretty happy with it given our secondary situation, but should I be?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,861 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Paully D wrote: »
    Any thoughts on Arrington to the Ravens lads? I'm pretty happy with it given our secondary situation, but should I be?

Fairly good in the slot. Put him on the outside ye are going to get burnt

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

paulie21 wrote: »
    Fairly good in the slot. Put him on the outside ye are going to get burnt

Can't be any worse than last year! Best case scenario of Webb and Smith staying fit with Arrington in the slot and our CB group suddenly looks decent (on paper).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Paully D wrote: »

he was also taken out of the Superbowl and replaced by Malcolm Butler too, thanks God!!!

I was never gone on him to be honest. Him and Logan Ryan are decent, but easily replaceable IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Some great value Pats gear on sportsdirect.com at the moment.

This for example:

http://ie.sportsdirect.com/majestic-wind-running-jacket-mens-609239?colcode=60923991

Some great value Pats gear on sportsdirect.com at the moment.

This for example:

http://ie.sportsdirect.com/majestic-wind-running-jacket-mens-609239?colcode=60923991

That's the only Pats thing I can see on the website?

Edit: Never mind, found some others, but bloody hell do that Majestic brand produce some awful gear!

That's the only Pats thing I can see on the website?

Same I searched on it earlier and found nothing. Thought it was just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Away Pats jersey for 41 quid on nike shop ireland if any one is interested.
    http://store.nike.com/ie/en_gb/pd/new-england-patriots-american-football-jersey/pid-581653/pgid-812501

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Zemuppet wrote: »
    Away Pats jersey for 41 quid on nike shop ireland if any one is interested.
    http://store.nike.com/ie/en_gb/pd/new-england-patriots-american-football-jersey/pid-581653/pgid-812501

Use ADD20 for another 20% off as well.

FYI there is talk that our jerseys are changing next year and that the Patriots logo will be replaced with the one we have in the endzone.

FYI there is talk that our jerseys are changing next year and that the Patriots logo will be replaced with the one we have in the endzone.

Could have sworn I saw a pic in the Pro Shop of it a while back. One of those coming soon adverts.

Could have sworn I saw a pic in the Pro Shop of it a while back. One of those coming soon adverts.

Yeah I actually really like the new logo so I'm looking forward to seeing it on the jerseys.

Im also wrecked tired today because I stayed up until half 4 watching condensed versions of the Super Bowl and the Ravens divisional round games... again :o

Yeah I actually really like the new logo so I'm looking forward to seeing it on the jerseys.

Yeah same.
    Im also wrecked tired today because I stayed up until half 4 watching condensed versions of the Super Bowl and the Ravens divisional round games... again :o

I was so tempted last night also but then I realized I had to be up early so I didn't.

gronklazortag.jpg?20f464

• Registered Users Posts: 10,077 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

So while rewatching the seasonal highlights for bazillionth time, a question arose. Who are the two cats who do the Pats commentary for games, and specifically the really hoarse, breathy sounding chap? Given I watch games online, I was curious if there is a way to get there commentary track over say that of Collinsworth et al

So while rewatching the seasonal highlights for bazillionth time, a question arose. Who are the two cats who do the Pats commentary for games, and specifically the really hoarse, breathy sounding chap? Given I watch games online, I was curious if there is a way to get there commentary track over say that of Collinsworth et al

Dan Roche and Christian Fauria unless you get CBS Boston (WBZ-TV) probably no way.

• Advertisement

Chekwa gone so another CB gone although he was more a ST. And guess who is back Spikes! :) Never thought I would see the day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement