Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallaght not as bad as you think

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

01 Aslan
    02 Heroin (See 1)
    03 Stealin'
    04 Joy-ridin'
    05 Saying 'Yaknowwhorrameyan?"
    06 Shamrock Rovers
    07 Social welfare
    08 Keyin' Cars
    09 Pop Idol
    10 Wearing belly tops over their pale, flabby stomachs
    11 Calling people 'Bud' who are not their bud
    12 Compo
    13 Calling people 'Pal' who are not their pal
    14 Shortening words and adding the letter 'o' (Anto, Decco, Corpo)
    15 Calling people 'Boss' who are not their boss
    16 John Player Blue
    17 Burberry
    18 Burglary
    19 Fair City
    20 Celtic shirts
    21 'Taches
    22 Fireworks every night for the entire month preceeding Halloween
    23 Sky Digital
    24 Saying "I didn't bleedin' do tha'!"
    25 Travelling in packs
    26 Moochin'
    27 Swearing at their babies
    28 Getting their mot's preggers
    29 Champion Sports
    30 Christmas Lights you could see from space
    31 Skippin' school
    32 Skippin' bail
    33 Giving their kids Monster Munch and Maltesers for breakfast on the bus
    34 Standing in queues outside the dole office
    35 Funtasia
    36 Iceland - the food chain, not the country
    37 Man U
    38 Saying, "That's not my bleedin' job!"
    39 Pushing prams while smoking
    40 Earrings (for guys)
    41 Earrings a chimpanzee could swing off (for girls)
    42 Saying "He didn't do nothin'!" when he clearly did do something
    43 Baseball caps
    44 Sawn-off Shotguns
    45 Adrian Kennedy Phone Show
    46 Picking up unfinished cigarettes dropped on the street by someone else just after coming out of a medical centre (as God is my witness)
    47 Shop-liftin'
    48 Tamangos
    49 Not payin' the bus fare
    50 Curry Chips and a burger
    51 Leaving their kids play outside on a busy road while they get hammered on a Sunday afternoon
    52 Always following the word 'rich' with the word 'wanker'
    53 Pulling their hoodies over their heads as they're led away from the Four Courts
    54 Eschewing peaceful solutions to conflict when Violent Senseless Mayhem will suffice
    55 Pissing in Elevators
    56 Being an authority on everything
    57 Knee-cappings
    58 Racism
    59 Smiley Bolger
    60 Getting their hair cut so tight they look like a matchstick with ears from the back
    61 Not readin' bukes

:p

Where the gang goes? Why that's just a Northsider list tarted up to look Tallaght. Needs more work!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Sprouts wrote: »
    To be fair Tallaght is like the Zoo, some of the animals in it want to kill ya but not all of them.

Don't feed the animals and you'll be fine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

"Tallaght, not as bad as you think" ..............OP for Minister of Tourism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Killinarden is a f*cking scumhole. I grew up right beside there. My God. It is probably one of the very worst areas though.

I was brought up there and my parents still live there so I visit all the time. Nobody chooses to live in a place like that - I know I dont want to - but the descriptions seem a little over the top. There are nuts there for sure but I think people sometimes just instantly equate the way people dress and talk with them presenting actual danger.

Could be that I'm used to it or that I'm known in my parent's area but still..

Outside of the newer West Tallaght (including Killiinarden) the rest of Tallaght is pretty quiet and settled, especially 'old tallaght' - the village, Square, IT, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

well it was night, he came out between the big mound of earth by the footbridge behind the cookoos so i didnt see him untill it was too late. That and i was 15 and didnt know what to do...still never found out what he was burying

Jesus ,you didn't go into Tymon park at night did you? you were lucky go get out alive if you did.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Tallaght is a kip. I lived there until I was 19 then I moved. It was always a kip and it is still a kip to this day. Out of all the people on my old estate that I knew growing up as kids, today about 80% of them are on drugs, robbing people/houses/cars, locked up in jail or dead. The remainder in the 20%, most of them moved away from Tallaght. Yes it's a kip.

It has a bad name because it's a bad area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Im from walkinstown so here's a list of things that have happened to me when i crossed the m50 into tallaght

stabbed
    beaten with shovel by guy digging mysteriously in the park at night
    mugged twice
    beaten up in just a regular manner twice

2 people i went to school with were murdered in tallaght, not to mention all the drug marches.

Im sorry, but its a shíthole

And the common denominator is............you :D

Yawns wrote: »
    Tallaght is a kip. I lived there until I was 19 then I moved. It was always a kip and it is still a kip to this day. Out of all the people on my old estate that I knew growing up as kids, today about 80% of them are on drugs, robbing people/houses/cars, locked up in jail or dead. The remainder in the 20%, most of them moved away from Tallaght. Yes it's a kip.

+1 totally agree with this from a personal standpoint ,but it's not the same for everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Jesus ,you didn't go into Tymon park at night did you? you were lucky go get out alive if you did.

I know. I was a stupid kid, place wasnt much better during the day though. Fair enough there were some ok people in tallaght but there were enough psychos to make sure i never felt safe there.

well it was night, he came out between the big mound of earth by the footbridge behind the cookoos so i didnt see him untill it was too late.

Just about in Tallaght there (nearly in Greenhiills) if you mean the Cuckoos Nest.

I think the area is incidental. You just sound like one of those unfortunate people that other people like to beat up.

• Advertisement

I know. I was a stupid kid, place wasnt much better during the day though. Fair enough there were some ok people in tallaght but there were enough psychos to make sure i never felt safe there.

Tymon north and Tymonville were nuts during the ninties.I had a lot of friends from that area as I went to tallaght community school which was nuts during the ninties but It's a different school now and has a good reputation these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

hobochris wrote: »
    Don't feed the animals and you'll be fine :D

Can't help it in a state which has social welfare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

stovelid wrote: »
    Just about in Tallaght there (nearly in Greenhiills) if you mean the Cuckoos Nest.

Greenhills is where im from but yeah its just about. most of the trouble ive had has been around there, mainly due to tymon north. Used to dread getting the 77a bus back from the square

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I doubt someone from outside the area decided to spray paint it on a wall for no reason. :)

Derp :rolleyes:
    Yawns wrote: »

Looks like you grew up in a bit of a **** estate there. I know a couple of people on serious drugs and they don't seem to bother anyone. I'm from a fairly big area of Tallaght too and have plenty of friends from all over and none of them sees anything like this.

Your estate was a kip, buddy.

Carl Sagan wrote: »
    Derp :rolleyes:

Looks like you grew up in a bit of a **** estate there. I know a couple of people on serious drugs and they don't seem to bother anyone. I'm from a fairly big area of Tallaght too and have plenty of friends from all over and none of them sees anything like this.

Your estate was a kip, buddy.

This is totally correct as well depending where you are.You can live in most areas and never see any of this kind of rubbish ,most of tallaght is fine these days.The same 4 or 5 estates are still dragging it down.Think about it ,the last time someone was murdered in tallaght was in killinarden two years ago I think.

most of the trouble ive had has been around there, mainly due to tymon north.

Pass through there sometimes and it seems a little quieter these days but maybe I'm not around enough to see.

stovelid wrote: »
    Pass through there sometimes and it seems a little quieter these days but maybe I'm not around enough to see.

It's quiet these days I think ,everyone has grown up and moved on.Definitely quieter than the mid 90's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

This is totally correct as well depending where you are.You can live in most areas and never see any of this kind of rubbish ,most of tallaght is fine these days.The same 4 or 5 estates are still dragging it down.Think about it ,the last time someone was murdered in tallaght was in killinarden two years ago I think.

That's probably true.

Now they just get abducted in tallaght and driven away to get shot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

It's quiet these days I think ,everyone has grown up and moved on.Definitely quieter than the mid 90's

I'm around there a lot and it's alright now. Again, most people are very decent with just a few being scummers. There's a load of kids around 12/13 that seem to be on their way to mountjoy though.
    gatecrash wrote: »
    That's probably true.

Now they just get abducted in tallaght and driven away to get shot

No harm done there then :p

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Tordelback

Killinarden is a f*cking scumhole. I grew up right beside there. My God. It is probably one of the very worst areas though.

It's not that bad at all these days - nor is much Jobstown for that matter. Venture a bit further into Kiltalown though and well... one does not simply walk into Mordor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Never forget when I stayed one night in my mates in Glenshane. I got up the next morning to go to work and there was a black woman in a field across the road taking a dump. At 20 to 8 in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Ush1 wrote: »
    Never forget when I stayed one night in my mates in Glenshane. I got up the next morning to go to work and there was a black woman in a field across the road taking a dump. At 20 to 8 in the morning!

Bitches be crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

Killinarden seems to be getting a fair grilling here but it’s actually not half as bad as some of you are making out, I grew up and still currently live there and I've never been assaulted, robbed or come into any of the situations being spun by some people here.

My folks are living there since the estate was built and the one time anything ever happened to the house was from new neighbours that moved in from Blanch, the kids basically smashed the side window, thats it from 35+ years living there.

My OH is from Clondalkin and actually really likes Killinarden (awaits for scanger accusations :) ) and hates Clondalkin, just based on the people who live there. Of course every area has there bad apples, some more so than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

vangoz wrote: »
    Killinarden seems to be getting a fair grilling here but it’s actually not half as bad as some of you are making out, I grew up and still currently live there and I've never been assaulted, robbed or come into any of the situations being spun by some people here.

My folks are living there since the estate was built and the one time anything ever happened to the house was from new neighbours that moved in from Blanch, the kids basically smashed the side window, thats it from 35+ years living there.

My OH is from Clondalkin and actually really likes Killinarden (awaits for scanger accusations :) ) and hates Clondalkin, just based on the people who live there. Of course every area has there bad apples, some more so though others.

I've hung around with people from Cushlawn for years and never had any bother to be honest. Often be there on me tobler at night aswell.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Does anyone remember the song "Oh Killinarden, Killinarden, it's got a nice community, like a family, it's the best place to be" ?

I'm pretty sure I didn't dream it but can't remember where or when I heard it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,620 ✭✭✭✭listermint

So in summation, we can deride that most of the posters on here are wimps?

Does anyone remember the song "Oh Killinarden, Killinarden, it's got a nice community, like a family, it's the best place to be" ?

I'm pretty sure I didn't dream it but can't remember where or when I heard it.

Haha no? Sounds like a really ghey boring dream :p

vangoz wrote: »

My OH is from Clondalkin and actually really likes Killinarden (awaits for scanger accusations :) ) and hates Clondalkin, just based on the people who live there. Of course every area has there bad apples, some more so though others.

I was never assaulted or robbed when I lived there either ,my mates never were either and they currently still live there.My brother in law lives in Donamore park and he gets no trouble from anyone BUT it still has/had a lot of nutters in it and I have seen a fair amount of it over the years.Same way the killinarden inn gets a bad rep.I used to drink in there and never had a problem and it's owners know how to deal with trouble when it does arise which is rare

I was never assaulted or robbed when I lived there either ,my mates never were either and they currently still live there.My brother in law lives in Donamore park and he gets no trouble from anyone BUT it still has/had a lot of nutters in it and I have seen a fair amount of it over the years.Same way the killinarden inn gets a bad rep.I used to drink in there and never had a problem and it's owners know how to deal with trouble when it does arise which is rare

Yeah I'd say donamore and the heights are probably the main spots that are still bad. The Tayto men do know how to look after the place alright (if you dont know what I'm referring to... it doesnt matter :()

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

01 Aslan

Aslan are from Finglas!

I haven't been much in Tallaght and the only part i've been in is in Kingswood, looks nice out that way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement