Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallaght not as bad as you think

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Ush1 wrote: »
    Haha. I meant, MMMMMMMMbuckko man.

Oldest livin' junkie I'ver ever seen. Thought I saw him a while back in Spar in the village with a walking stick arguing with his mate.

Small world or what?

I finished school in 1996 and at that time I reckon he had about 2 years to live.Here we are in 2010 14 years later and he's still hangin on to life.He used to hang around with one of my neighbors and I remember him banging down his door one morning ,and when he didn't get an answer he took out a pen and tore a piece of a cigarette box off and wrote a note on it an posted it through the letter box.I told my neighbor later when he came home and he said that the note said "Gone to space -bucko"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

I don't know the chap but i'm finding these stories hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I finished school in 1996 and at that time I reckon he had about 2 years to live.Here we are in 2010 14 years later and he's still hangin on to life.He used to hang around with one of my neighbors and I remember him banging down his door one morning ,and when he didn't get an answer he took out a pen and tore a piece of a cigarette box off and wrote a note on it an posted it through the letter box.I told my neighbor later when he came home and he said that the note said "Gone to space -bucko"

Literally pissing myself here.:pac:

Sorry to the bloke if he reads this but one of my brothers was sayin one of his mates got a pint of orange from Ahernes and he was drinking it down the dodder while they were playin football when they were only young kids. Bucko asked for a sip an your man gave it to him said it's okay, you can finish if off. Bucko starts goin "Are you sayin I have the virus??" and starts chasin him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

You have to take a lot of these with a pinch of salt.

This one sounded hillarious.

So bucko's on aston quay waiting on the 77a. when he noticed a brownie giving a guy a parking ticket in one of the bus bays.

So bucko strolls up to the guy and asked how much the ticket was for, say it was 70 pounds, bucko suggests if he can get rid of it he would get 20 pounds. so before the driver can agree bucko takes off down aston quay after the brownie, pulls the book out off his hand and fecks it into the liffey :pac::pac:

Literally pissing myself here.:pac:

Sorry to the bloke if he reads this but one of my brothers was sayin one of his mates got a pint of orange from Ahernes and he was drinking it down the dodder while they were playin football when they were only young kids. Bucko asked for a sip an your man gave it to him said it's okay, you can finish if off. Bucko starts goin "Are you sayin I have the virus??" and starts chasin him.

I remember people and him saying that a lot alright.One of my mates said it to him in cockney slang outside spar when we were going to the "bowler" years ago ,he said "Here bucko ,I hear you have hand grenades" and bucko turned to this ugly bird and said "Ahhh jayzuz ,derrr sayin im carryin weapons now jaaaayzuz"

Then he turned and waddled off like a duck ,slanty at a 30 degree angle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I remember people and him saying that a lot alright.One of my mates said it to him in cockney slang outside spar when we were going to the "bowler" years ago ,he said "Here bucko ,I hear you have hand grenades" and bucko turned to this ugly bird and said "Ahhh jayzuz ,derrr sayin im carryin weapons now jaaaayzuz"

with the aul brown 3/4 leather jacket!!

ntlbell wrote: »
    with the aul brown 3/4 leather jacket!!

Not that day ,The white/grey bubble jacket

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Mad wierd, but I'm sure I've heard that exact story before. Could prolly write a book about him.

Mad wierd, but I'm sure I've heard that exact story before. Could prolly write a book about him.

It's probably happend loads of times with loads of people over the years ,lets face it ,the chap is famous and even has his own thread:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bumper2k11

To all those slagging Tallaght i have lived here all my life and you will only get attack in Tallaght if you arnt from here and they dont like you like all those from Clontarf and those posh areas like that so dont bad mouth Tallaght when yous know nothing about it Clontarf is not so good its self with all the drugs and all like evreywhere else so but out most of us in Tallaght are lovely people and dont come near us if you are going to bad mouth us !!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭bobblepuzzle

seamus wrote: »
    Ok, thanks for that Lorrs.

Next up we've got Eoin. Hi Eoin, you're through to Adrian Kennedy, what do you want to get off your chest?

Yeh, how are ya Adrian... that Lorrs one is a complete muppet!...

Adrian: What do ya think of that Lorrs, your a muppet apparently...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bumper2k11

To all those slagging Tallaght i have lived here all my life and you will only get attack in Tallaght if you arnt from here and they dont like you like all those from Clontarf and those posh areas like that so dont bad mouth Tallaght when yous know nothing about it Clontarf is not so good its self with all the drugs and all like evreywhere else so but out most of us in Tallaght are lovely people and dont come near us if you are going to bad mouth us !!!!!!!!!

bumper2k11 wrote: »

haha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,130 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

This is really the Tallaght Welfare office -

People running and trampling others to get their dole

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIFIt_AdUVU

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

That kind of post is why people think Tallaght is a bad area. If I'm not from Tallaght, should I just stay away from Tallaght for good for my own safety? If I'm going to badmouth Tallaght I'll get the head kicked off me? It's crap like that why people think Tallaght is a bad area. The vast majority of people from Tallaght are nice people, it's people like you spouting that crap which give it a bad name.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Not many tourists visiting there then....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

A typical Adrian Kennedy phone show conversation:

Adrian: "On line 3 we have Jacinta...howayeh Jacinta?"

Jacinta: "Howayeh Chris....."

Adrian: "Adrian, but anyway go on"

Jacinta: "Sorry Adrian, yeh im from Tallaght and I just want to talk to that fella....hello?...."

Adrian: "Yeah go on..."

Jacinta: "Yeah I just want to talk to that fella...Anthony is it?....yeah he's a fcukin muppet"

Adrian: "Well Anthony your a muppet, what do you think of that?"

Oranage2 wrote: »

:eek:

Does this happen every week:confused:

Does this happen every week:confused:

I don't think so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

Does Bucko live in Greenhills now by any chance?

Who is this bucko guy? age? description? only guy I can think of is a guy probably 40s red hair glasses skranny and lives around by Dominics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Clontarf is 10000000 times better than Tallaght.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

People dont want to be queing up all day,shocker!!

Really, seems to me it's cnuts with a lack of respect for themselves and others

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

thread title is always amusing. but that vid :o i used to collect my scratch there! Errigal Rd p.o. is a lot more chilled out :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Be nice if they put that much effort into trying to get a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

So I actually had a Shamrock shake last night and it is definitely mint.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Be nice if they put that much effort into trying to get a job.

Be nice if people didn't make sweeping generalised statements.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Be nice if people didn't make sweeping generalised statements.

You did see the 50 or so people trampling each other for their free money, right?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement