Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallaght not as bad as you think

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

off his face BUT i think he has calmed down in the past year,tbh id feel sorry for his family and daughter but not for him he put the needle in no-one forced him,i apologise if ive offended you but with a bro for a garda and through my own experience i only see/hear the bad side and i do believe that you see the good side also im not sure and hopefully you can clarify this but through programs like your own heroin addiction is down true?

He hasn't calmed down ,I saw him about 2 months ago floating around dunnes in the square

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

He hasn't calmed down ,I saw him about 2 months ago floating around dunnes in the square

Is this red haired bucko?

If so, I can't understand how that guy is still alive. he was on his death bed nearly 20 years ago.

Balmed Out wrote: »
    I im kind of thinking they might all be like taht, is it true?

Yes, yes it is, over 100k people living there and every single one of them is identical.

and Tallaght people are suppose to be stupid.

ntlbell wrote: »
    Is this red haired bucko?

If so, I can't understand how that guy is still alive. he was on his death bed nearly 20 years ago.

Yep thats him alright ,when I was going to school he was always hanging around the flats in Avonbeg off his bracket.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,714 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Yes, yes it is, over 100k people living there and every single one of them is identical.

and Tallaght people are suppose to be stupid.

I was being sarcastic and in fact trying to support Tallaght.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Let's hear more about this chap Bucko lads. I am intrigued :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Does this red haired Bucko chap have a very peculiar stance and walking style?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

this bucko guy reminds me of Monkey Doyle who used to hang around the traders in greenhills. complete psycho! but one everyone knew and knew to stay well clear of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 queenorganiser

Lorrs33 wrote: »
    I think it's way too late to disperse the stereotypes associated with Tallaght but I'd like to just say that I have lived here my whole life and it is a nice place to live. I hate that it has a bad reputation and it serious pisses me getting slagged about it by people who have never even been here.

It's not as though when you leave Tallaght, suddenly you can flaunt your wallet and your car keys and whatever valuables with the attitude, 'I'm not in Tallaght anymore, I won't get robbed'. No town in Dublin can leave their doors unlocked so why has Tallaght been singled out?

We have the Square and the Luas so it's very convenient. A town shouldn't be judged just because it has scumbags, you're going to get them everywhere. So tell me what it is.

My Tallaght Experiences:
    - at a bus stop a few years back, a girl looking about 14 was riding a guy up against the back of the bus stop, gloriously screaming her head off while the kid banged her, ooh.. and she was very visably pregnant

- every time I'm in the Square, I get approached by some strung out tracksuit guy asking me for a cigarette

- groups of kids under the age of ten wear a lot of makeup, hot pants with thongs visable and chew chewing gum with their mouths open to beat the band... oh, and the language out of them....

shall I go on??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

KungPao wrote: »

yeh his back is hooked now he walks like he was a** raped

• Advertisement

My Tallaght Experiences:
    - at a bus stop a few years back, a girl looking about 14 was riding a guy up against the back of the bus stop, gloriously screaming her head off while the kid banged her, ooh.. and she was very visably pregnant

- every time I'm in the Square, I get approached by some strung out tracksuit guy asking me for a cigarette

- groups of kids under the age of ten wear a lot of makeup, hot pants with thongs visable and chew chewing gum with their mouths open to beat the band... oh, and the language out of them....

shall I go on??

- As they were at a bus stop, maybe they weren't from Tallaght?

- I smoke, but no-one ever asks me for cigs, not in the Square or anywhere else.

- They sound like kids from a particular mobile community. No kids around my area dress like that.

yeh his back is hooked now he walks like he was a** raped

Jesus. I know of this bloke. He was always seen as somewhat of a comedy character by the kids where I used to live, but then again we used to stay well away from him.

I can't believe he's still going.

He's actually a pretty harmless guy.

He got addicted to heroin at a very very young age at a time when there was very few addicts in Tallaght. He mostly travelled back and forth on the 77a sipping on a large bottle of physeptone on the back of the bus "entertaining" the commuters with his hilarious obsevations on life.

My Tallaght Experiences:

Yea, I was walking down past wesley in donnybrook one night, there was a girl getting done from behind, with every thurst she was puking her ring up all over the place, really. that D4 is an awful dump.

KungPao wrote: »

He walks like a duck!

He's actually a pretty harmless guy.

He got addicted to heroin at a very very young age at a time when there was very few addicts in Tallaght. He mostly travelled back and forth on the 77a sipping on a large bottle of physeptone on the back of the bus "entertaining" the commuters with his hilarious obsevations on life.

last time i seen him was outside macaris in the village he was strolling down the road with dunnes beer:pac:and he nearly **** himself when a fella ran over from the dragon shouting at him,turns out this bloke was just out of prison and bucko owed him money.

last time i seen him was outside macaris in the village he was Floating down the road with dunnes beer:pac:and he nearly **** himself when a fella ran over from the dragon shouting at him,turns out this bloke was just out of prison and bucko owed him money.

Fixed!

I remember about 12 years ago he was off his chops walking up the road with no t-shirt on (it was tucked into the back of his jeans) and it was a frosty November evening ,

We were playing ball one summer down the dodder in sweltering heat. Over comes the bucko fella to join in. we stopped for a break and whipped out the 3ltr spring bottles of water and bucko whipped out his physeptone! :D

His ears must be burning atm

"jayyzus ,wats de bleedin' storrry wih me ears ,der burrrnen"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Majority of Tallaght people are salt of the earth and I have a lot of close friends from D24. You'll get good and bad people in all walks of life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

Its based at the old Glen Abbey factory, Zombies do be walking to it most days up and down the belgard road.

I grew up in Cushlawn and lads it was as rough as it comes and still is. Houses boarded up all over the place, robbed cars every night, Killinarden house for a quiet pint is like the ok coral, your taking your f00king live into your hands unless you know somebody there. I've drank there down the years as i'm from the area and i could write a book on the place. Junkies dying every other week, stepping over bodies to get into the top shop, lads off there cake everywhere. People getting on and off the 65b and 50 bus and not paying their fare, just walk on past the driver known damn well he is not coming after them, unless he has a death wish.

Last incident i heard of happened 2nd January this year, couple of young lads egging houses, threw an egg at the wrong mans house. Went out picked up the little 14 year old scumbag, proceeded to walk around to the next road with the youngfella over his shoulders, arrives at said younglads house, and proceeds to fook him through the sitting room window and lands on the xmas tree in the middle of the window in full view. Aul lad comes out roaring and shouting, gets decked and is told if his son ever looks at his house again he will shoot him and cut his balls off.

All in all a fine neighbourhood.

Thats pure garbage, the Killinarden inn is just a regular pub like any other, you dont need to know anybody or the likes to have a decent pint. I'm drinking there 6-7 years and have never witnessed a fight, not saying they never happened it is a pub after all. But if really claimed to drink there you would know its not like that.

Didnt hear about any of what you said regarding the "boy through window" incident, sounds like Chinese whispers to me.

We were playing ball one summer down the dodder in sweltering heat. Over comes the bucko fella to join in. we stopped for a break and whipped out the 3ltr spring bottles of water and bucko whipped out his physeptone! :D

im thinking we may all know each other ha

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

The majority of people i have met from tallaght have been the soundest most friendly people i have met.sure theres bad elements there as there is everywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

nothing wrong with tallaght....the biggest scumbags in tallaght are the people paid to keep law and order;)

major bill wrote: »
    nothing wrong with tallaght....the biggest scumbags in tallaght are the people paid to keep law and order;)

any dealings ive had with the garda here they are the soundest lads going,they only hassle the ****ers who deserve it.

although 1 scumbag connected to the garda is the little grey haired idiot they call a traffic warden in the village

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

any dealings ive had with the garda here they are the soundest lads going,they only hassle the ****ers who deserve it.

although 1 scumbag connected to the garda is the little grey haired idiot they call a traffic warden in the village

should learn to park the car properly then:pac::P

major bill wrote: »
    should learn to park the car properly then:pac::P
    oh i do especially in my own garden lol yes i got fined coz the arse of my car was sticking out in a private estate :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Yous know Bucko aswell!!!!:eek::pac:

Ush1 wrote: »
    Yous know Bucko aswell!!!!:eek::pac:

*waits for buckos reply of jaysus lads leave it out*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

*waits for buckos reply of jaysus lads leave it out*

Haha. I meant, MMMMMMMMbuckko man.

Oldest livin' junkie I'ver ever seen. Thought I saw him a while back in Spar in the village with a walking stick arguing with his mate.

Small world or what?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement