Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sanitary Bin refusal

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Truley wrote: »
    Really? Having worked as a cleaner for many, many years I can safely say women are far worse toilet users than men. I'm not the only one who thinks so.

I walked into a toilet in a bar today and someone had kindly left their used tampon sitting on the seat! Such class!

It´s not a big deal...wrap it up in toilet paper and bung it in the bin. Done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

@ Eve re the tampon: :eek:

OP, if there isn't a regular bin in the loo, ask for one - even just a small one, like those metal ones with the foot pedal - and do the wrap-up job as others have suggested, or bring in a few little paper bags when the painters and decorators are in. I don't think you're being overly demanding but I agree a sanitary bin would be fairly pointless.

Lol at spring rolls... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

If it's a toilet with cubicles and then shared sinks/bin outside, then yes, I would have a problem with that. It's not really nice to have someone watch you come out with what's obviously a sanitary pad and throw it in the bin. If it's a self contained unit with a bin in the cubicle, then it's not really an issue, I'd just wrap it and throw it in the bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

hey guys THANKS for all the suggestions. We have a second toilet in the reception area for customers. Staff aren't allowed to use it. Bette perhaps i didn't make myself clear, all i meant was that i could use a pop in bag (like a nappy sack only smaller) and put it straight in there as opposed to in the tiny 5 litre bin that had no lid on it.

We have a cleaner and she empties the bins in the office and the toilet and comes in one a fortnight.

I don't think i am being unreasonable in looking for a proper way to dispose of ST's.

At home I don't really have to worry I just use pop in bags and pop them in the wheelie bin.

Inicidentally the toilet is fine apart from one member of staff who can't aim in the bowl and pee's on the floor.

I just bring in my own towel to dry my hands as i feel a bit weird about sharing a hand towel with five others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭TheNewMee

MJOR wrote: »
    Inicidentally the toilet is fine apart from one member of staff who can't aim in the bowl and pee's on the floor.

There's always one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭SparkyTech

Really? Having worked as a cleaner for many, many years I can safely say women are far worse toilet users than men. I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Would have to concur with you Truley. I work as a cleaner aswell (in a large multinational office I might add, with lots of white collar professional women!) Men might pee on the toilet, but what I have found stuffed down the Ladies loos is rather shocking indeed.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭alexa5x5

Actually you’re right...I’ve worked in a few bars over the years and I think I blocked out the horror that was the ladies toilet at the end of the night! I used to regularly gag with disgust when I had to use them towards the end of the night, manky!
    I’m currently sharing a small office with 4 other women and there is one who leaves the loo in a stinking state every time she uses it. Up until a few months ago she would leave blood on the toilet seat, in the end I put of a sign asking who ever was doing it to please stop as its a shared facility. It did thankfully, but her latest thing is (and I don’t know how she manages it), she covers the sides of the toilet bowl with $hit and just leaves it there! :eek: She a really nice girl to talk to and looks completely respectable, but I’ve never seen such disregard for others.
    Sorry to go off topic but I needed a rant about the mucky pup! :mad:

Advertisement