Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TuffNut Promotions 5: Bad Intentions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

got a message from a concerned citizen asking why am i putting someone with just 18mths training and 1 pro fight against an international judo player with 16 pro fights...anyone else think its a mismatch??

although that same person asked why i would match 0-1 Artem Lobov against 10-1 uk ranked fighter David Hill...

Well considering Gary had barely trained in 2 years he does not have that much more MMA training experience anyway and in theory will be rusty compared to Brain, but like Brian he just got in there and done it and had many fights in a short time, many before he was ready but thats the warrior in him, not scared of getting beat up, at the same training time Gary prob had 5 pro fights.

From our end we're not taking it lightly and expect a tough fight in all areas and Gary has prepared for that, anyone thinking this is 1 sided fight is deluded.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

got a message from a concerned citizen asking why am i putting someone with just 18mths training and 1 pro fight against an international judo player with 16 pro fights...anyone else think its a mismatch??

although that same person asked why i would match 0-1 Artem Lobov against 10-1 uk ranked fighter David Hill...

plus it is of my understanding that you went looking for this exact match-up knowing i have had the long break from training as i recall you called me fat and out of shape :D so if anything you were TRYING to find an easy fight for your guy :)

Like i said i look forward to getting back in the cage and doing the business :D

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭SBG Ireland

Judomad wrote: »
    plus it is of my understanding that you went looking for this exact match-up knowing i have had the long break from training as i recall you called me fat and out of shape :D so if anything you were TRYING to find an easy fight for your guy :

That's pretty much what I replied

Looking forward seeing you next week. Now back to the bar with my fighters :D

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MMAIRELANDFAN

That's pretty much what I replied

Looking forward seeing you next week. Now back to the bar with my fighters :D

So basically a fight that looks tough on paper turns out to be a lad who has not fought in 2 years and is in against a busy sharp fighter

Why am i suprised.

SBG Ireland
    MMA is great due to the best fighting the best

So either your lads are not the best or they just don't want to be in with the best.

Roddy v Shane is Prime example

Shane who has to run a club and was not even mentioned in the rankings!

Sorry Shane but you understand my point as we discussed this before

if he could train for that fight proper he would bash any SBG'er at his weight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

From what I heard Shane asked John for that fight :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭EnjoyChoke

So basically a fight that looks tough on paper turns out to be a lad who has not fought in 2 years and is in against a busy sharp fighter

Why am i suprised.

SBG Ireland

So either your lads are not the best or they just don't want to be in with the best.

Gary Morris is an extremely tough opponent for anyone at his weight in Ireland. Anyone who thinks otherwise is misguided.

Roddy also runs a club. Fair play to Shane for stepping up, but whether he could train "proper" or not is irrelevant. He took the fight and he lost, get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭The Bored One

Why am i suprised.

SBG Ireland

I'm not entirely sure you understand the difference between supporting one side and insulting the other....

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

Why am i suprised.

SBG Ireland

Yeah its an easy fight for him as im washed up and fat now :rolleyes: looking forward to it now, best of luck to all the lads fighting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Magic M

BAD INTENTIONS

Professional

Main Event

Featherweight Title Fight

Brian ‘The Pikeman’ Moore (SBG) V Gary “The Dumptruck” Morris (Rush Fight Academy) 65.8kg Featherweight

Co. Main Event

Levi “Bambi” Kehoe (SBG) V Tony Keane (Waterford MMA) 65.8kg
    Featherweight

Richie Ivory (Next Gen Arklow) V Mihai Fiskow (KTP) Catchweight 62kg

Semi Professional

Alan Kavanagh (Husaria) V Liam Heffernan (SBG) 66kg Featherweight

Wojciech “Andzia” Antczak (Husaria) V John Mc Allister (Tuatha De Denann) 100kg Heavyweight

Sean Davit (Wexford Warriors) V Peter Quelly (Waterford MMA) 70kg Lightweight

John Haligan (Xtreme Fitness) V Rafal Dziudziela (Husaria) 77kg Welterweight

Joe Murphy (Wexford Warriors) V Dave Hanny (Primal MMA) 77kg welterweight

Rob Win (Primal MMA) V Tony O’Toole (PHK) 84kg Middleweight

Marius (Wexford Warriors) V Paul Mc Court (PHK) 77kg Welterweight

Judges

1. Gunnar Nelson
    2. John Higgins
    3. Ramunas Venslovas

MC
    Darren conroy

Referee
    Dave Jones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

anyone going to this able to tweet post live results?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Anyone on twitter at this show tonight?.

Due to work I couldn't make the show.

Dammit no one is answering texts, any results guys?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

Dammit no one is answering texts, any results guys?.

Might be a signal problem in the Hotel, I've txt 3 people and no reply

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Results Ive heard so far is that the Primal lads won.
    John Halligan won in round 3 via GnP
    Brian Moore won by 2nd round Triangle choke.
    None others as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Tony Keane won by 1st round KO
    Liam Heffernan won by 2nd round TKO
    (afaik)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭HOBO 83

Brian Moore beat Gary in a great performance to win the title, well done.
    But on a side note

I'm not usually 1 for ranting on here but I cornered Gary tonight and the crowd control was non existent and from the 1st bell we where swarmed by opposing fans and even threatened and abused after asking people to back off, after 1st rd I asked an official to get security to deal with this and nothing was done about it.

Me and Paul spent time dealing with this while we needed to be coaching, we where been out shouted and pushed and this is just not on, ive been to many shows and this was the most disrespectful behaviour towered coaches ive ever seen.

Other coaches expressed the same problem so this was not an isolated incident.

In fairness Myles apologised to Paul after Paul vented his frustration at the lack of security and control, we should not feel intimidated while doing a fighters corner

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Enjoyable night of fights. Not 1 went to a decision :eek:
    Brian Moore won in Rd2 via GnP if I remember right
    Tony Keane won in rd1 KO
    Richy Ivory via Ref Stoppage in rd2
    Peter Quelly won via Head Kick after 5 seconds :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 moneymay

wow just came from that show in wexford. what a night great show well run ....anyone know what is the world record 4 the fastest ko?? the guy who scored the head kick knockout surely smashed it. think they said 5 secs but it looked quicker!! brian moore is one 2 watch also

moneymay wrote: »
    wow just came from that show in wexford. what a night great show well run .

Seriously?..
    I'm not usually 1 for ranting on here but I cornered Gary tonight and the crowd control was non existent and from the 1st bell we where swarmed by opposing fans and even threatened and abused after asking people to back off, after 1st rd I asked an official to get security to deal with this and nothing was done about it.

Me and Paul spent time dealing with this while we needed to be coaching, we where been out shouted and pushed and this is just not on, ive been to many shows and this was the most disrespectful behaviour towered coaches ive ever seen.

Other coaches expressed the same problem so this was not an isolated incident.

In fairness Myles apologised to Paul after Paul vented his frustration at the lack of security and control, we should not feel intimidated while doing a fighters corner

Well done too to Brian Moore, heard he fought brilliantly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭tommyl2010

Enjoyable night of fights. Not 1 went to a decision :eek:
    Brian Moore won in Rd2 via GnP if I remember right
    Tony Keane won in rd1 KO
    Richy Ivory via Ref Stoppage in rd2
    Peter Quelly won via Head Kick after 5 seconds :eek:

we reviewed the pics of this and dave jones and myles both agreed at the time according to the meta data on each frame of the photos it was 3 seconds :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ollieo

Featherweight Title Fight

Brian ‘The Pikeman’ Moore (SBG) V Gary “The Dumptruck” Morris (Rush Fight Academy) 65.8kg Featherweight Brian Moore - Triangle 2nd rd

Co. Main Event

Levi “Bambi” Kehoe (SBG) V Tony Keane (Waterford MMA) 65.8kg
    Featherweight Tony Keane - KO 1st rd

Richie Ivory (Next Gen Arklow) V Mihai Fiskow (KTP) Catchweight 62kg Richie Ivory - TKO gnp 2nd rd

Semi Professional

Alan Kavanagh (Husaria) V Liam Heffernan (SBG) 66kg Featherweight
    Liam Heffernan - TKO 2nd rd

Wojciech “Andzia” Antczak (Husaria) V John Mc Allister (Tuatha De Denann) 100kg Heavyweight Wojeich - TKO 1st rd (due to injury, John unable to come out for second rd)

Sean Davit (Wexford Warriors) V Peter Quelly (Waterford MMA) 70kg Lightweight Peter Quelly - KO 5 sec of 1st rd (headkick)

John Haligan (Xtreme Fitness) V Rafal Dziudziela (Husaria) 77kg Welterweight John Haligan - TKO 3rd rd

Joe Murphy (Wexford Warriors) V Dave Hanny (Primal MMA) 77kg welterweight Dave Hanny - Triangle 2nd rd

Rob Win (Primal MMA) V Tony O’Toole (PHK) 84kg Middleweight
    Rob Win - Arm triangle 2nd rd (I think)

Marius (Wexford Warriors) V Paul Mc Court (PHK) 77kg Welterweight Fighter pulled out

Great night of fights, really enjoyed it.

As said already crowd control was an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭tommyl2010

Tony Keane was first round as far as i know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Hirst1000

Tony Keane's knockout was first round.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭sonic85

right - ill get the negative stuff out of the way first.

i really think there should be a no standing rule at events like these during fights. i had some dippy women sitting in front of me who had no problem getting up for no reason during fights wandering around the place fcuking up my view. if you dont want to watch the fights fcuk off somewhere else. simple as.

some of the coaches felt they were being intimidated but to be honest apart from the last fight (where the crowd were basically doing what they liked) i didnt see anything that would constitute abuse (i was sitting in the area behind the coaches BTW).

I think the main problem was a lot of the coaches were standing during the fights totally obstructing the view for fans sitting behind them. people around me repeatedly asked the coaches to squat down to no avail. now i dont know about anybody else but i dont want to pay 30 euro or so to watch some mma but end up looking at someones back. its just not on to be honest.

on the bright side it was a good night overall the fights were fantastic so well done to the fighters for putting on a great show. well done to the fighters and coaches and everyone involved - keep up the great work lads

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Barlivia

tony keane said it was an honour to fight levi kehoe? Whats levi kehoe done that makes him special?

Barlivia wrote: »
    tony keane said it was an honour to fight levi kehoe? Whats levi kehoe done that makes him special?

I think Tony thought it was a big step up in competition for him. He's been unlucky in a couple of fights so he really deserved this one. Also, I think he keeps getting better and better.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Barlivia

Hirst1000 wrote: »
    I think Tony thought it was a big step up in competition for him. He's been unlucky in a couple of fights so he really deserved this one. Also, I think he keeps getting better and better.

Well i cant wait to see him again i thought he was excellent friday night. Any word on when he's out again?

Well I don't suppose he will be down the club tommorow but I'll ask the lads, see if there are any rumours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 massive69

I was doing the time keeping for the event and i admit the 5 seconds is probably not the correct time for peter's KO. i apologise for that i was in complete shock after it happened as a lot of people were. 3 or 4 seconds is probably a more accurate time. i had stopped the clock at 5 seconds so thats the time i gave to the MC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

A video of it below, I'd say 5 seconds is about right.

Advertisement