Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Britney Spears - Hold It Against Me

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Paul1979

"brostep"??.....jesus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Paul1979 wrote: »
    "brostep"??.....jesus

Surely you've heard of brostep at this stage…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Surely you've heard of brostep at this stage…

Ive heard of it but it still warrants a,

Jeeeesus!!!!

After it:D

no im too old, i still use vinyl for gods sake:D

Ah if you were born in 79 then I'm older than you…

That's not me by the way!

• Advertisement

Well after putting Jesus after brostep, i think you would have been better to say,

'i still use vinyl for heavens sake';)

Ah if you were born in 79 then I'm older than you…

That's not me by the way!

its david rodigan

typed it into google

"Brostep is a relatively new sub-genre of music (born out of Dubstep micro-genre) which has no emphasis on soul.

The goal appears to be to produce music as fast as you possibly can, without placing any emphasis on quality.

Unlike Dubstep where sub bass is key, Brostep places more emphasis on ratty high frequency samples and oscillators that arent even low frequency. Toss in a few hip hop vocal samples and you are well on your way to being the worlds next big Brostep producer.
    Brostepper - Man, I cant wait to see Rusko & 6blocc.

Dubstepper - Man, I cant wait to see Mala & Kode 9"

more like sh*testep

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

CiaranMT wrote: »
    There is wob-wob at 2.25, up to then it's just electro-house as electrogrimey said earlier.

Would be interesting to see how this song would be seen by the heads on here if it were some unknown singer who'd released this.
    My fuc.king god, are you that far removed from recognising real talented music!!!!

This is Now 67 shi.te!!!!

Finally, if this is electro house thank fuc.king jaysus i never got into the new 'cutting edge' (said sarcastically) stuff post 2002 ish.

Did I say it was good at any point up there?

Ive heard of it but it still warrants a,

Jeeeesus!!!!

After it:D

Ah, I don't know if it helps you identify a some of the dross floating around the dubstep genre I'm for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

"Brostep" was started as a derogatory term for American Dubstep on the dubstepforum.com At the time it was largely used as a way for online elitism to be continued and anything from an American producer was tarred as "Brostep ****", despite the fact that the wobble was largely pushed at the time and brought to prominence by Caspa and Rusko and largely originated by Coki (all UK producers) . In the same breath, these same people would talk about the excellent work of producers such as Starkey and Reso, all the while missing the point that Starkey and Reso were , in fact, American producers.

As you can see, the dupstepforum is a veritable meeting of the minds with regards to music and opinion sharing. :D

It's largely in the same vein as kids from Croydon thinking they must be great Dubstep producers because they are from Croydon.

I ****ing love the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

more like sh*testep

That's the point. Brostep means **** dubstep, as in "oh bro that's so sick", because it's stupid americans that like it. It's not an actual genre. Similar to the phrase 'hairdresser house'.

That's the point. Brostep means **** dubstep, as in "oh bro that's so sick", because it's stupid americans that like it. It's not an actual genre. Similar to the phrase 'hairdresser house'.

Wait a minute, you're going to tell us that ghettotech is a genre but brostep isn't?

Wait a minute, you're going to tell us that ghettotech is a genre but brostep isn't?

Yes. Ghettotech is what booty house spintered into during the 90s. There was a great article about it in Electronic Beats magazine actually, although it was more focused on footwork.

But yeah, like get real, there are genres beside techno, like techbro, and techstep. Duh.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Dare I ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

These two Canadians seem to be very popular in the American dubstep thing.

Some of the basslines sound fairly cool but the rest of the tune is pretty gash. You can say that about all their tunes really.

As for that Britney Spears track, definite brostep influence. Sounds awful.

Anima wrote: »
    These two Canadians seem to be very popular American dubstep thing.

Some of the basslines sound fairly cool but the rest of the tune is pretty gash. You can say that about all their tunes really.

As for that Britney Spears track, definite brostep influence. Sounds awful.

I don't even get the bass on that.

Was over there for 4 months before Christmas and the only Canadians I found who were into Dubstep, thankfully, were more into stuff like this:

Lighta' dem spliff 9524828206f5ef15596f846f47b010d29d60927e

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

one of my all time fav dance tunes:

Britney Spears - Breathe on me (James Holden Vocal Remix)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

I knew there was a different remix of that. I heard it before and went looking for it and all I found was this one:

Cheers!

no problem, great track.

i have a copy at 320kb if anyone wants it.

took me a year of downloading the one file to get it, as only one dude had it, if you know what i mean ;)

• Advertisement

copeyhagen wrote: »
    no problem, great track.

i have a copy at 320kb if anyone wants it.

took me a year of downloading the one file to get it, as only one dude had it, if you know what i mean ;)

You could have just ask grimey to e-mail it to you:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

CiaranMT wrote: »
    I don't even get the bass on that.

Was over there for 4 months before Christmas and the only Canadians I found who were into Dubstep, thankfully, were more into stuff like this:

Lighta' dem spliff 9524828206f5ef15596f846f47b010d29d60927e

There is a difference between bass and sub bass though, which is what your track mainly has.

You could have just ask grimey to e-mail it to you:pac:

:confused:

was worth the wait :)

Anima wrote: »
    There is a difference between bass and sub bass though, which is what your track mainly has.

I meant that I don't get any of the track, it's just dire stuff :)

:confused:

Just my attempt at humour seeing as your the main advocate of dodgy Dubstep/Brostep on here:D

Just my attempt at humour seeing as your the main advocate of dodgy Dubstep/Brostep on here:D

Really? I never talk about dubstep on here...I think the only tune I posted on here in ages was a Carl Craig remix over in the crossover thread.

Advertisement