Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GT5 Touring Car Championship on Tuesdays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

tonydude wrote: »
    Whats the points break down for the races aussie, from first position to last.

1 25
    2 20
    3 16
    4 14
    5 12
    6 10
    7 8
    8 6

If you want I can send you the spreadsheet of the race results so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Thanks, i just wanted to know what points i got last night for the first race, thought itd be zero. Monaco, ideally the formula gran turismo would suit this track. Please pick a car that'll suit the track and be some way agile. I could supply the formula GT to five people if needs be.

Thanks, i just wanted to know what points i got last night for the first race, thought itd be zero. Monaco, ideally the formula gran turismo would suit this track. Please pick a car that'll suit the track and be some way agile. I could supply the formula GT to five people if needs be.

Problem is if we pick a car like that I think people can change its set up etc. I think the championship has remained competitive as everyone has used the same set up. Along with most pple not having it yet - me included.

Btw how did you manage to get 5 of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭starface

I was 2nd in both races air aussie. You have me down for 3rd in the 2nd race?

starface wrote: »
    You have me down for 3rd in the 2nd race?

He was second alright he was right behind me
    AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »

Btw how did you manage to get 5 of them?

;) Careful save management

• Advertisement

Fair enough my bad.

Results changed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

We have to pick something from the online garage imho.
    Pity that you can't change steering sensitivity. That's one of the most basic mods you could even do on snes games.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DOHC2000E

According to my replay you were third in race 2, Magown3 was second.

You had me in the wall twice and off the track once, you also seemed to hit anyone else that got alongside you. It's not a destruction derby, a little contact is to be expected now and again but you have to leave some space.

DOHC2000E wrote: »

You had me in the wall twice and off the track once, you also seemed to hit anyone else that got alongside you. It's not a destruction derby, a little contact is to be expected now and again but you have to leave some space.

wtf? Thats the results I had originally.

Starface you pushed me off the track when I was level with you also. you didn't leave me any space. I saw you ramming others also. You're not racing AI players.

Anyone know what happened Cossie does anyone know?

I was on his bumper crossing the line in 4th, Magown3 was a couple of lengths ahead of us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Magown3

Something strange is happening here.

I was second in both races according to my tv/playstation. Also, in one of the races after the 2 official races, on my playstation, DOHC won, there were 4 of us racing, and Sir WASN'T one of them. At the end of the race it said "SIR 'I win!'"... I didnt' even have him in my race!!!

WTF?

Yea ive seen seeing myself come in first when it should be 3rd or fourth but it always corrected itself. Ill check the second replay, but i had sir behind me the whole time cause i was watching the positions while i was racing. ( watching out for dohc ergg lol ) Ill watch to confirm for definate.

@Magown3: I've had a look at the first race replay again and sircretop was second with you third.
    It looks like his connection was poor at times as the movement seemed quite jerky in places. Might be part of the reason for the mixed up positions.

Yeah, there was some very agressive driving. Calm down sircretop!

Watched the replay, alot of ramming going on, dohc should have got 2nd position on 6th lap through the tunnel but got rammed into grass/kerb. He held his own and eventually got it, it got really crazy towards the finish line also.
    gt5result.jpg
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭guil

I looked at the replay - I assume it was the second race?

We were battling for the 3 or 4 laps at the end of the race. I overtook you three times in the first sector of the track. You only overtook me in that sector once. So how you can conclusively say you were faster than me in that sector I'm not sure.

You were ramming me repeatedly from behind which you can see from my rear bumper hanging off and damage on your front bumper. This is against the rules - as the person in front has the right of way, it doesn't matter if you are faster or not the person has the right of way unless you are cleanly overtaking.

When I overtook you at the first corner it was fair - the only thing I could say is I could have left you a bit more space on the exit.

I assume the incident you were complaining about was into the first corner on the last lap when you were trying to overtake me. We were side by side into the corner and I probably couldn't see where you were.

On the last lap you also cut a corner after I passed you out. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt as it probably was by accident. But this is also against our rules.

On a different topic I noticed that one racer was not giving fellow racers enough space when passing and pushing them off the track when there is no need for it.
    i havent looked at the replay yet but the way i remember it, i was faster than you through the first few corners and had to brake or let off a lot but you were faster through the second half, i thought ya tried to knock me off on the second right bend but as ya say its just the way it happened so no hard feelings

Theres a big patch 301mb available now so dont leave til the last minute to download for Tuesday night

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Magown3

Theres a big patch 301mb available now so dont leave til the last minute to download for Tuesday night

Here's a list of the changes. Some are quite interesting like the remote playing of B-Spec... Might make it a LITTLE bit more interesting!! :D

Magown3 wrote: »
    Here's a list of the changes. Some are quite interesting like the remote playing of B-Spec... Might make it a LITTLE bit more interesting!! :D

That link seems broken.

Here's another - http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-v1-06-available-now-full-details/

Seems we can finally use our own tracks online. Could make for interesting championship.

Magown3 wrote: »

Or better still, get rid of bspec completely!

• Advertisement

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Or better still, get rid of bspec completely!
    why, it would cost a fortune to buy all the cars ya win from it and the cars are generally better than what ya win in A spec

guil wrote: »
    why, it would cost a fortune to buy all the cars ya win from it and the cars are generally better than what ya win in A spec

There should be no b spec. They could have had more a spec races, and the decent b spec cars could be won there. B spec is the biggest load of bollocks.

There should be no b spec. They could have had more a spec races, and the decent b spec cars could be won there. B spec is the biggest load of bollocks.
    thats your opinion, there's plenty of others like myself happy enough with B spec, its a change

guil wrote: »
    thats your opinion, there's plenty of others like myself happy enough with B spec, its a change

Would you have bought a game if it was b spec only? Say it was only €15?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Anyone know what happened Cossie does anyone know?
    Dam internet is what happened, game was all over the place for me, stalling and then way ahead on the track and then my internet died. Only just got everything up and running now a few hours ago. Apologies if I hit anyone.

Would you have bought a game if it was b spec only? Say it was only €15?
    god knows, its part of the game so i'll use it

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Dam internet is what happened, game was all over the place for me, stalling and then way ahead on the track and then my internet died. Only just got everything up and running now a few hours ago. Apologies if I hit anyone.
    i missed the start in the first race and then ended up t-boning you after the first bend i think

What car are we using for Tuesday Aussie,

Not sure yet. I'll know by this evening.

• Advertisement

Car: NISMO 380RS Super Leggara
    Niss_Z33_380RS_PHA.jpg

I might not be racing tomorrow as I pulled a muscle down the side of my ribs that makes it difficult to steer. I'll probably still host anyway.

If anyone has a better car they'd like to recommend maybe we can discuss which is better. This was the only car I tried that I had a bit of fun with around Monaco.

Advertisement