Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭jacothelad

3 minutes to go.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

jacothelad wrote: »
    Penalty try to Ulster.
    25 - 27

Undeserved so far.
    Come on to fcuk ulster!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭OldRio

27-25 to Ulster 3mins left

Pen to Zebre 20 secs

Pen to Zebre 20 secs
    Noooooo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

This on TV? Can someone PM a stream maybe? Can't find it

All over. Dreadful. Undeserved victory

Did zebre miss the pen?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Zebre literally went from Ulsters 10m line to their own 10m line on a single phase to lose the game. Out half could not have possibly been any deeper. He must have been that Italian fella Nialli Di Connorio

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

It wasn't a shot at the posts, was not in kickable range

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

yet the 100% record goes on, well done.

Not exactly a bad result for Zebre either, 2 points secured against the league leaders is something is decent considering they haven't won yet.

Thank goodness for that. Keeps the win streak going.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Redsock

That was the worst ulster performance I have seen in years and yet it is another win. Restarts were embarrassing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭Banbridgeman2

Shockingly poor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

Difficult watching that one...very sloppy and oh so Lucky to get the win.... huge step up required for next week or result will be very different.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Brendan97

score?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

27-25 ulster

• Registered Users Posts: 17,744 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Well we won...lets move on and forget it ever happened...as for NOC say what you like but his goalkicking won that for us.

Next week we'll hopefully get a few guys back from Ireland...not too many mind with my Ireland hat on!!!...and we'll raise the standards.

Harsh luck Zebre, if it hadn't been us I'd be gutted for them. At least they got a couple of points.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭Banbridgeman2

100% record upheld I suppose onwards and upwards!

Sign of a good team apparently, to play sh!te and still win ;)

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Provisional 24 man squad for Treviso has been named (Friday 23rd Nov, 6.05pm GMT, BBC NI red button). Academy back row Conor Joyce has been added to the panel:

FORWARDS (14)
    Herring, Brady, Black, Fitzpatrick, Court, Afoa, McComb, Simpson, Diack, Joyce, McComish, Birch, Wilson, Williams.

BACKS (10)
    Heaney, McIlroy, O’Connor, Olding, Wallace, Payne, Allen, Cochrane, Andrew, Nelson.

Provisional 24 man squad for Treviso has been named (Friday 23rd Nov, 6.05pm GMT, BBC NI red button). Academy back row Conor Joyce has been added to the panel:

FORWARDS (14)
    Herring, Brady, Black, Fitzpatrick, Court, Afoa, McComb, Simpson, Diack, Joyce, McComish, Birch, Wilson, Williams.

BACKS (10)
    Heaney, McIlroy, O’Connor, Olding, Wallace, Payne, Allen, Cochrane, Andrew, Nelson.

I was hoping we'd get at least two or three Ireland guys for this one but I suppose flying them out to Italy was always going to be an ask, in saying that Deccie will know his team already and will know he needs and who he doesn't, it just can't be publicised yet so maybe the forementioned players are winging themselves out to Italy as we speak!

Good to see Joyce involved as he is a promising prospect. This week I'd start Nelson at 15 and even though he's currently skipper I'd be very tempted to bring Herring in at 2 and maybe give Afoa or Wallace the captaincy. I think we'll do very well to get the win.

Also note the KO time....6.05pm...

bilston wrote: »
    I was hoping we'd get at least two or three Ireland guys for this one but I suppose flying them out to Italy was always going to be an ask, in saying that Deccie will know his team already and will know he needs and who he doesn't, it just can't be publicised yet so maybe the forementioned players are winging themselves out to Italy as we speak!

I was thinking that too, could well be on their way out today. A sports journo has said on Twitter that Marshall and Trimble will be released for the game, so we'll see..

I was thinking that too, could well be on their way out today. A sports journo has said on Twitter that Marshall and Trimble will be released for the game, so we'll see..

Which Marshall?

Getting Paul would be crucial and actually Trimble would be good to bring in as it would mean Allen could move to 13 allowing Jared to go to 15 which would help us from an experience point of view.

bilston wrote: »
    Which Marshall?

Getting Paul would be crucial and actually Trimble would be good to bring in as it would mean Allen could move to 13 allowing Jared to go to 15 which would help us from an experience point of view.

Sorry, always forget there's two Marshall's! It's Paul Marshall apparently coming back.

Ulster Rugby today announced that winger Craig Gilroy will remain at the club until the summer of 2016 having signed a three year contract extension.

Link

• Site Banned Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Higher

I'd assume he got a hefty pay increase.

Ulster team for Treviso

15 Peter Nelson
    14 Andrew Trimble
    13 Jared Payne
    12 Paddy Wallace
    11 Michael Allen
    10 Niall O'Connor
    9 Paul Marshall
    1 Tom Court
    2 Rob Herring
    3 Declan Fitzpatrick
    4 Robbie Diack
    5 Neil McComb
    6 Nick Williams
    7 Mike McComish
    8 Roger Wilson (c)

Bench
    N Brady, C Black, J Afoa, J Simpson, A Birch, M Heaney, S Olding, C Cochrane

That backline looks so much better than last weeks. Happy with that team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Stanza2

Team looks very good, can't help but feel for Trimble tho............ he must be gutted to lose his place in the Irish squad. I think that he has so much to offer and it must get him thinking about the future

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement