Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭opinionatedfan

Hagz wrote: »
    Don't know if this has been put up anywhere but it's worth a second watch anyway if it has.

what a beast. probably my favourite non leinster player.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

From a standing start as well. So impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Stanza2

Fantastic rugby player and only going to get better

• Registered Users Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Henderson RWC No 5?

4. PO'C 5. Henderson
    6. Ferris. 7. SO'B
    8. Heaslip

19. D. Ryan / & 1 of McCarthy/Dan Tuohy/Toner
    20. PO'M & 1 of Henry/O'Donnell/McLoughlin/Dom Ryan/Ruddock

I would love to see an Irish pack as above. (but would also like to see how SOB or POM go at @8)
    Either way i think Henderson could become a world class no.5 & maybe he should start more games at 5 for Ulster.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Henderson RWC No 5?

4. PO'C 5. Henderson
    6. Ferris. 7. SO'B
    8. Heaslip

19. D. Ryan / & 1 of McCarthy/Dan Tuohy/Toner
    20. PO'M & 1 of Henry/O'Donnell/McLoughlin/Dom Ryan/Ruddock

I would love to see an Irish pack as above. (but would also like to see how SOB or POM go at @8)
    Either way i think Henderson could become a world class no.5 & maybe he should start more games at 5 for Ulster.
    I reckon we will see Henderson move to the second row for Ulster when Muller leaves or when Ferris gets fit. One of those two would have to happen for it to be in Ulster's interest for Henderson to move to the second row.

• Advertisement

yea. Ferris going at the end of the season. So Henderson will prob stay at 6. muller possibly going at the end of the 2014 season, would mean he will only get a full season under his belt in the 2nd row.
    IRFU/New Irish manager might put the squeeze on Ulster to play him more in 2nd row.

Diack is doing a good enough job at 6 anyway!
    Mrs Doyle should head up the IRFU player mgmt programme. go on, go on. you will. you will. Ah go on....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,748 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Mrs Doyle should head up the IRFU player mgmt programme. go on, go on. you will. you will. Ah go on....

Diack is playing well. I wouldn't surprised if he was at least in contention for the North America tour. Probably depends on whether O'Mahony, Heaslip and O'Brien make the Lions though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Diack is playing decently. Stevenson Tuohy and Muller have been doing better than that in the second row. I wouldn't drop one of the three of them to shove Henderson in at the moment if I was the Ulster coach.

IRFU player management won't push the issue either.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭MolBee

Diack is playing decently. Stevenson Tuohy and Muller have been doing better than that in the second row. I wouldn't drop one of the three of them to shove Henderson in at the moment if I was the Ulster coach.

IRFU player management won't push the issue either.

I don't know if it's shoving him in, he's performed well in the second row and he'll only get better. If last week is evidence then Henderson is now above Stevenson in the coaches pecking order anyway.

• Advertisement

Henderson has the potential to be a 75+ cap Ireland player*

*knock on wood

Henderson has the potential to be a 75+ cap Ireland player*

*knock on wood

so did Ferris

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Glass Prison 1214

so did Ferris

:(

If he can get over his injury issues the same way Johnny Wilkinson did then he still could reach 75 caps imo.

If he can get over his injury issues the same way Johnny Wilkinson did then he still could reach 75 caps imo.

I think Jaco's working on some artificial cartlidge for his left knee.

I hope so anyway!

I'd be more hopeful he could get healthy for the next WC, if he can make 50 caps we will be doing well anything more will be a bonus.

For the sake of the man I hope he gets his big payday, gets healthy and gets back in the Ulster jersey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ssaye

• Administrators Posts: 53,372 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Great news!

ssaye wrote: »

Good stuff.

No Gilroy though, I assume he is getting a week off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ssaye

bilston wrote: »
    Good stuff.

No Gilroy though, I assume he is getting a week off.

Have Trimble though, who is absolutely beasting him stats wise this season.

ssaye wrote: »
    Have Trimble though, who is absolutely beasting him stats wise this season.

Trimble has been superb and would be first on my choice of wingers every week for Ulster but that said Gilroy has been in electric form recently. We can rest one of our wingers each week and not weaken the team in the slightest. It's a good...nay a great...trio to have.

• Advertisement

http://www.ulsterrugby.com/news/11384.php

Ulster Rugby has today nominated the RDS in Dublin as its 'home' venue for a potential RaboDirect PRO12 Final on Saturday, 25 May.

Some craic if we have to play Leinster in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

awec wrote: »

Ulster Rugby has today nominated the RDS in Dublin as its 'home' venue for a potential RaboDirect PRO12 Final on Saturday, 25 May.

Sure you're practically a Leinster man now anyway awec. You'd love it.

awec wrote: »

So that will be weird if play Leinster at the RDS in front of 12,000 Ulster fans and 6,000 Leinster fans.

Edit - seemingly the "home" side gets 50% of the tickets for the final so it could 9,000 each.

Anyway there is a bit to go yet before we get to the stage of predicting the final but this is pretty disappointing news.

So that will be weird if play Leinster at the RDS in front of 12,000 Ulster fans and 6,000 Leinster fans.

The final is a 50/50 split I'm afraid.

molloyjh wrote: »
    Sure you're practically a Leinster man now anyway awec. You'd love it.
    There'd be no conflict of interest in an Ulster v Leinster final I can assure you. :P

molloyjh wrote: »
    The final is a 50/50 split I'm afraid.

Well is it not 50% to the home team and a percentage to the away team and then the rest of general sale. It would probably end up 50/50 that way anyway.

Might as well just let you finish 1st in that case. What a feckin' joke. What's wrong with the Aviva. An Ulster v Leinster final would sell that out easily. There might even end up being more Leinster fans there but at least it wouldn't be a ground you play at every other week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Well is it not 50% to the home team and a percentage to the away team and then the rest of general sale. It would probably end up 50/50 that way anyway.

No, but away teams regularly don't take their full allocation if they don't expect that many fans to travel. That won't happen here obviously.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    No, but away teams regularly don't take their full allocation if they don't expect that many fans to travel. That won't happen here obviously.

It would be amusing if Leinster nominated the Aviva as their choice of venue for any final.

Actually Leinster probably could nominate the Aviva. I'm assuming Ulster didn't because they can't risk the chance of playing someone other than Leinster and then only selling 25,000 tickets, where as Leinster would probably sell it out for anyone in a league final or at least be very close to selling it out given it's in their home city.

It would be amusing if Leinster nominated the Aviva as their choice of venue for any final.

Actually Leinster probably could nominate the Aviva. I'm assuming Ulster didn't because they can't risk the chance of playing someone other than Leinster and then only selling 25,000 tickets, where as Leinster would probably sell it out for anyone in a league final or at least be very close to selling it out given it's in their home city.

That might make sense, and wouldn't leave people stuck for tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I think we'd sell it out (or close) against Ulster, but not so sure if it was against Glasgow or Scarlets. I think they'd be more inclined to keep it at the RDS to be honest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement