Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

He's had a fairly quiet season since though.

Tbf he's had little enough opportunity with Munster.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Beery Eyed

Yes he certainly hasn't been given the same level of opportunities as the young Ulster lads have, but just in terms of potential shown so far I'd have him in the same category as the lads you've mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Glass Prison 1214

Henderson, the next POC?

Henderson is one of those once in a generation talents, but he is a very different player to Paul O'Connell so no he is not the next POC imo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Try number 4 from Marshall BP secured now at 31-0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Tbf he's had little enough opportunity with Munster.

That's what I meant really. He hasn't had the chance to make any kind of mark. Hopefully he'll get a bit more game-time next season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

McComish had the turnover opportunity equivalent of an open goal there and he still couldnt come away with the ball.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Lutton impressing today in his second start

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Glass Prison 1214

Lutton impressing today in his second start

Yes he has looked good, he has been a real positive for Ulster the last couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Beery Eyed

Thought Lutton did pretty well alright. It wasn't the toughest test he'll ever face, but he did his jobs well & the scrum looked fine while he was on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

The BBCNI commentator loves his similes. So far tonight he's compared players to a ferret, an imp and a mole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

Niall O'Connor is on,let the Ulster rampage commence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

That's some try.

• Administrators Posts: 53,372 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Was travelling, what was the final score?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

awec wrote: »
    Was travelling, what was the final score?

31-5, BP win for Ulster.

31-5, BP win for Ulster.

Sweet! Happy with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭rchendz92

I know the Dragons aren't exactly quality opposition, but that was still a great performance from Ulster. Olding can't seem to put a foot wrong and Henderson is so dangerous with ball in hand. Obviously fantastic t osee Bowe scoring again, shame Gilroy couldn't get on the score sheet as he had a good game and all. The Scarlets did us a big favour earlier I see!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

BBC showed Henderson's ankle heavily bandaged after he came off,hope it's nothing serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭rchendz92

Swan Curry wrote: »
    BBC showed Henderson's ankle heavily bandaged after he came off,hope it's nothing serious.

Wow, he's really taking after Ferris in every way possible :pac: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

SO again another great performance. Have to say I thought big RD at 6 did really well also.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭MolBee

Sinbad_NI wrote: »
    SO again another great performance. Have to say I thought big RD at 6 did really well also.

Diack has made the progression from squad player to solid stand-in when other guys are injured to now someone I actually consider an important part of the team. Far surpassed my expectations this season. The fact we can move Hendo to the second row without compromising at 6 is great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,748 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Sinbad_NI wrote: »

I would call it decent rather than great Sinbad but we'll take it.

Hendo looked alright when he was taken off so time will tell but despite that I thought he was excellent tonight.

Agree Diack was good and Tuohy did well in the loose as well.

In the backs Gilroy had a good game and Nelson had a fine evening taking the right options and looking very comfortable.

As for Olding he just gets better and better. I'd go so far as to say he looks like he is the most exciting young back Ulster have produced in years. Also his try was very similar to BOD's championship record breaker against England a couple of years ago.

bilston wrote: »
    I would call it decent rather than great Sinbad but we'll take it.

SO = Stuart Olding, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,748 ✭✭✭✭bilston

MolBee wrote: »

Ha that makes sense! That's quite funny actually!

bilston wrote: »
    Ha that makes sense! That's quite funny actually!

Haha you would have to have wondered if he missed the game last weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mayolad93

Olding looked good, could be another option at 12 for Ireland in the future, a position which looked very bare this time last year. Now we've got three young lads who could potentially be our next no 12. Id like to see Olding bulk up a bit if hes planing on playing there permanently, looks a bit small, but he's young and has plenty of time.

Henderson looks quality to, very athletic and quick guy for his size.

Thought Paul Marshall was very good in attack to, bit wild with his passing but all in all a good night for him. Pienarr very good to, goal kicking was top quality tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Really enjoyed watching that game last night.

Thought Diack had a very good game. One moment in particular was when he was being tackled and he brought his arms up over the tackler for the off-load. He seemed to be everywhere.

Olding really is a class act - serious competition between him a Luke Marshall (injury permitting) for 12 next year.

Thought Lutton had a good game as well - scrum was good all night - very few collapses make for better viewing.

All in all it should make for decent viewing coming into the final stretch.

Special thanks should go to the scarlets for kicking glasgow's arse last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

MolBee wrote: »

Eh, yes... LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,725 ✭✭✭✭phog

Great win for Ulster, the 5 pointer might be a huge result, especially as Glasgow lost and your southern cousins will be trying to do a number on Leinster. May the only time this season you have a reason to support Munster. I only saw a few minutes of the game but great to see Bowe back and Gilror stretching his legs for a nice break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Don't know if this has been put up anywhere but it's worth a second watch anyway if it has.

• Advertisement

That Henderson run really was fantastic. The only way they got him stopped was one player got their hands down the back of his shorts to get a grip on him that way, the rest of them were being marched backward :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement