Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Lovely run by Payne to set up a try for Trimble

Another missed kick at goal from Paddy

11-8, 13 mins to go

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭iamjenko

Did he miss the kick again? How many is that now? No one else on the park that can take a shot?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭MolBee

iamjenko wrote: »
    Did he miss the kick again? How many is that now? No one else on the park that can take a shot?

Nope not now Olding's injured. He's got 1/5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

Allens a very classy player, unlucky that he wont get a look in at midfield for Ulster but does a great job on the wing when called upon.

• Administrators Posts: 53,372 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

COME ON ULSTER!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Visser on, and Edinburgh on the attack again

Lucky knock on at the ulster try line

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

shuffol wrote: »
    Allens a very classy player, unlucky that he wont get a look in at midfield for Ulster but does a great job on the wing when called upon.
    Ulster have a lot of talent in the center, slightly less in the back three, especially with Cochrane and probably D'arcy leaving at the end of the season. I reckon this means that future is on the wing.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭iamjenko

Where's Cochrane off to? Serious gas that fella...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

Ulster have a lot of talent in the center, slightly less in the back three, especially with Cochrane and probably D'arcy leaving at the end of the season. I reckon this means that future is on the wing.

He's a guy I'd like to see leave and try establish himself somewhere at center, dont think he'll ever fulfill his potential on the wing. I'd rate him at the same level as EOM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

14 - 8 now 76 gone.

• Advertisement

Sigh...

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

is darcy going back to oz????

Very very depressing.

is darcy going back to oz????
    not sure his contract is out at the end of the season and he has offers in France. He isn't happy with his gametime here. I'm sure we will here more in a few weeks when the french clubs can announce things.

I'll be happy to see the back of him. I liked him when he first showed up but during 6 nations 2011 he turned down a wolfhounds call up (out of the media) and I haven't liked him since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

jesus that's an upset.

Just lulling Leinster into a false sense of security.

:(:(

not sure his contract is out at the end of the season and he has offers in France. He isn't happy with his gametime here. I'm sure we will here more in a few weeks when the french clubs can announce things.

I'll be happy to see the back of him. I liked him when he first showed up but during 6 nations 2011 he turned down a wolfhounds call up (out of the media) and I haven't liked him since then.

oh rite way did he do that??? i mean hes IQ and all (not by the 3 years thing) does he thing hes gonna play for oz or something.suppose hes no great loss havent seen him play in ages cant see him getting and offer in the top14 anyway????

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Lets just hope it's not a weekend of Scottish success!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

Edinburgh were pretty poor. To not get a win against that team is really awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭leonard7

really cant take all this losing

• Advertisement

Fair play to Edinburgh, they were more creative in attack, more precise, more aggressive. We were utterly woeful though, injuries not much of an excuse, there was a lot of quality in that team.

oh rite way did he do that??? i mean hes IQ and all (not by the 3 years thing) does he thing hes gonna play for oz or something.suppose hes no great loss havent seen him play in ages cant see him getting and offer in the top14 anyway????
    Not Oz but Super XV was his ambition. Thing is there is a limit in the number of NAQ so by refusing the Irish call up he was preserving his AQ status. Not sure where in France he is going to end up next year since the French clubs can't confirm anything but I've heard a few clubs mentioned, including one T14 and two or three ProD2.

Didn't see tonight's match but but disappointed Ulster couldn't win. Was the total number of points left on the tee by Jackson 11??

Not Oz but Super XV was his ambition. Thing is there is a limit in the number of NAQ so by refusing the Irish call up he was preserving his AQ status. Not sure where in France he is going to end up next year since the French clubs can't confirm anything but I've heard a few clubs mentioned, including one T14 and two or three ProD2.

Didn't see tonight's match but but disappointed Ulster couldn't win. Was the total number of points left on the tee by Jackson 11??

didnt know that still it could have lead to playing for the full side if he done well best of luck to all the same.

This losing business is quite irritating.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Three missed penalties between the 45th and 53rd min and then a missed conversion in the 65th. The Edinburgh kicker was 3 from 4 so it doesn't sound like that bad a night for kicking anyway.

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Three missed penalties between the 45th and 53rd min and then a missed conversion in the 65th. The Edinburgh kicker was 3 from 4 so it doesn't sound like that bad a night for kicking anyway.

I'm a fan of Jackson and have defended him over his inconsistancy (which is the mark of many young players), but in a pro12 game against Edinburgh in a barely filled stadium, he should be doing better than that. I'm pretty disappointed especially after his progession over the 6ns in far more pressured situations. Not only the kicking but he seemed to play with no semblance of urgency tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Sinbad_NI wrote: »
    Not sure TBH. Guess we'll find out at half 7 Red button is easier than stream for me so I'm hoping for that.

Just to confirm that red button is the same for all UK regions as BBC2W announced Edinburgh vs Ulster game was on the red button and that alternative audio commentary for Ospreys vs Dragons was only available via BBC website.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Blackheath

Jackson doesn't like playing in Murrayfield

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Blackheath wrote: »
    Jackson doesn't like playing in Murrayfield

His final penalty miss was the equivalent of missing an open goal unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Shocking loss for Ulster. I think they will might lose next week too. Home semi final now could be out of their hands.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement