Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAGE CONTENDER IX : BELFAST : 30 APRIL 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭$ausage$

Rooney wins tko first round not even 2 minutes oxygen called for Connor but sportily gets up for decision

All over report tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

$ausage$ wrote: »
    Oh he'll no! Not that just he must have been 1 or 2 over but made it fight just started

but cage does not let ya carry any weight over plus you'd to make weight by 2pm yesterday.
    So hope it's just a rumour and different rules for different folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Just home, report now!

First time in the Kings Hall complex and i like it. Great set up, overjoyed by the fact i am cage side at my own little table sharing with two other guys from the media. We're a small unit so far i guess but technically i was on media row right ?

19:51 was the time we officially started at as eye of the tiger roared out. First fight up was Caolin Shivers vs Alan Cocoran. Brett Freeman has trouble with irish names to be fair so i won't nit pick. Sum 41 for shivers and R.A.T.M for Alan. It's the small things i appreciate from this seat already. Not as such how the ring girls look, but more so looking at her feet. She must have no feeling in her toes the way she is walking around with that number 1 card. Well done, generic blonde girl!.

Round starts and Caolin ate fist, gave a leg kick of his own which was caught by Alan who took him to the ground. Got side control early on and won the ground battle. Caolin reversed his position but left his head and lone arm in and got caught in a traingle. Looked like it wasn't going to be enough at times, Alan wasn't creating an angle but Caolin was only trying to stack him which wasn't going to work from a triangle.

Kieran Davern vs Matthew Mullan. I tried my hardest not to let bias take over here. I was nervous watching this fight being friends and training partners with Matthew. Just before the fight his coach Gary shouted :" We know what's coming Matty, don't worry " Soon enough the first take down was thrown by Kieran who is a BIG welterweight. Matty resisted well and pulled guard. Kieran landed a few shots early on. Matty was trying for a knee across stomach sweep ( technical name anyone ? ) but didn't get it. Until he got his chance, beautiful sweep of the feet put Kieran on his back and Matty got straight into mount. Landed the shots that sadly i am only too used to. He took the back and landed some more shots. Point taken off him for illegal shot to the head. However my only gripe is that i thought he wasn't warned. I couldn't hear it from a few feet away but I've now been told he was warned twice. Either way the round was now ever. Second round and Matthew landed straight away on the feet, which as expected prompted a take down. Matthew escaped mount well over the course of the second round but he was caught in mount after a stand up / clinch battle and had little to no gas left. He relaxed at just the wrong moment and ate 8/9 shots to the face. Not a bad new rule C Class Debut by any means for Matthew.

Karl Moore vs Janek Pinczura. Watching both of these guys come out i instantly felt sorry for Karl. Karl weighs 210 pounds, Pinczura didn't make weight first time yesterday and finally weighed in i believe at 265 pounds. So i heard in the arena anyway. Good stand up fight, and by good i mean it was good for Karl. Janek was swinging for the fences, which in fairness did just miss Karl. Karl has good boxing , was picking his shots in and out. Nice footwork then BOOM. Landed one straight to the nose which dropped Janek. Karl didn't follow up, infact he stopped and walked away because he knew Janek would not be getting up from that thunder effort. Broken nose i suspect from my seat, if not a bad nose bleed. 4-0 now for the 19 year old heavyweight...

INTERMISSION. Time to go buy a 1/2 pound burger. Only ever heard of 1/4 pounders this will be an experience.

Up next Arnaud Dos Santos vs Blaine O Driscoll. Both of these guys come out swinging . Arnaud ( who for my own benefit will be refered to as Arnie ) gets the takedown. Next thing i know i look up from my burger and Blaine has an armbar in. THIS is tight. As in, he was lying on top of the arm, hips up pulling it and looking at his corner in disbelief. Arnie has arms like Dan Hardy. I was bracing myself for a break. Arnaud saw out the round after an escape on top in a backward mount landing some shots. Round 2 was a stand up war, great start by Blaine who pushed the pace but Arnie landed in the better shots. Cagework ensued and it soon took to the ground where Blaine ended the round landing bombs. Arnie was saved by the bell. Round 3 . Stand up once again, i don't know why i start it like this. I mean it is an MMA fight not a BJJ comp. Blaine locked in another armbar this time a traditionally placed one. Arnie is really made of rubber , he escaped. Lit up Blaine on the feet before scoring a touch down. Side control to see out the round.
    Judges scores were ANNOUNCED as 29-29 , 27-30, 29-28 meaning it was a split decision. Brett called it a UD. Perhaps i or he got it wrong. That's how i heard it. I would have given Blaine the victory for his submission attemps but Arnie landed more damaging shots and has Arms made of unbreakable bones.
    He told us afterwards he :"Would not tap infront of his home crowd"

Levi Kehoe vs Milan Kovac. Round starts and Milan throws a kick which Levi catches and takes him to the ground . Did little else , Milan fought hard to get back up which he couldn't do. Levi has a great sprawl . Second round and Levi catches another kick straight away. Milan wasn't setting it up with strikes as his corner had instructed. Levi tried a few g/tine attempts but Milan is experienced enough to know his way out of them. Milan got into Levis guard and started to land a few bombs. Closing seconds saw Levi set up a triangle at the expense of getting mashed in the face a few times by Milans red 6oz gloves. Round 3 saw Milan come out with improved stand up, much improved. Setting up his kicks with straights and hooks, Until Levi timed another kick and got the take down, once again did enough to keep Milan down and work. Milan had good wrist control to block sub attempts. Took the back at the end of the round and couldn't finish. For me cage side i thought i seen an illegal shot, something Matthew was pulled up on earlier but it wouldn't have affected my score card. I had it 30-27 for Levi and the judges scored it 30-27, 30-28 , 29-28. Milan Kovac does not like SBG!!!. 2 of his 3 losses coming from that camp now i believe.

Alan Duffy vs Dec " The Bandit " Larkin

Instant leg kick to Declan is met by two straights to Duffy's face. Larkin has massive support here. Dec can't get the take down at the cage . Out of nowhere he lands a big slam. Sets Duffy into an absolute Frenzy. He exploded back up and in return took the back standing against the cage. Landed strong headshots in on Dec while having a hook in. Dec regained wrist control and was being talked to intently by his corner. I had a feeling he was going to push back his right foot and roll for a knee bar. Instead he elbowed duffys hook then rolled for a knee bar. The Knee Bar was missed as Duffy showed good posture, but the ankle lock went on very very quick and Duffy tapped. I don't blame any one for tapping to that. Career > Fight any day of the week.It might have been the hometown buzz but Dec Larkin called out Myles Price. I laughed to myself, Parke is fight mate. Get in line.

Chris " The Killing" Fields vs Lee Chadwick.

Lee Chadwick is an Animal. I can see that had to do this as a catchweight. Any lighter and he would have had to cut off a limb. First of all i think this is a big fight for Chris. Big test against a stronger opponent, if he loses it will really give Redmond the edge coming up to their title fight. Chris comes out to jailbreak which brightens my spirits immediately. They feel each other out, Chris gets hooks in up against the cage and trips Chadwick. His coach then shotus out :"Try push off the cage and turn on him " You can see the strength difference as it worked straight away. Chadwick was straight up and slipped off Fields back after losing hooks. Lee spent the last 15 in Side Control and landed heavy shots in the last 5. Round 2 Lee's coach is telling him to feint, in which Lee is just stamping his lead foot forwad, it's not fooling chris just yet. Lee's left knee is also strapped. It seems at the break either JK or Aisling Daly pointed out that and now Chris is targeting it. 4 leg kicks went unanswered by Lee. It was on the 8th one when you noticed the grimace of pain and he was checking leg kicks that weren't even coming after that allowing chris to open him up standing. Lee landed a hard spinning back kick and had a guilotine in which he dropped and i thought chris might go out.Chris got out and dropped a shot to end the round. I counted 13 leg kicks by Chris that round all to the injured knee. Round 3, Lee ROCKS Chris early, great head movement from Chris allows it not to be an early night for him, he shoots in but it's a feeble attempt. He's still on queer street, YES finally got to use that example.Lee looked in control here, until it went to the ground. Good battle, but Lee is gassed. Chris took the back and fired in unanswered shots and finished it off. He did very well vs a bigger guy, John Redmond stands up in the crowd and makes a I WANT YOUR BELT MATE . gesture.

Marius " Pit Bull " Lapenas against Vilmar " The Animal " Erenberg. Both these guys Sambo guys, so it didn't shock me at all to see the round end in a lot of leg lock submission attempts. It opened strong on the feet, Vilmar opening with a trademark leg kick which left a welt on the back of Marius's leg already. However The pitbull was the one pushing the pace as he went for it and targed Vilmar's left leg specifically.
    Round 2 saw good stand up once again from these guys, i had expected it. I also expected it to be a bit of a hug fest. I wrote on my page, reminds me a big of Cathal vs Liam 1 then then out of nowhere WHAM The Animal lands a brutal elbow. It was only brutal since i was about 5 feet away from it but still. Round 3 see's Vilmar land some hard strikes early on and tries to take down Marius who locked in a g/tine while he was being taken down. Had it in for about 10 seconds before Vilmar tapped and the NEW CAGE CONTENDER LIGHT HEAVY WEIGHT CHAMPION. Marius " Pit Bull " Lapenas.

Onto the main event now, first of all we need more genuine MMA fans. Not just those who buy the tickets to see family members etc. Mass exodus of bodies by the time the main event comes round. That's fine i thought to myself , less NEWRY NEWRY NEWRY chants to deal with from the man who's managed to drink 8 bottles of beer since the last interval. Damien Rooney vs Mark Connor.

This is a short one folks, starts off well by Mark. Good movement from the Dinky Ninjas man. Picking his leg kicks . However out of nowhere and the first proper exchange of the night, Rooney lands a massive overhand right which drops Connor straight away. Still moving though so Rooney landed 4/5 elbows to seal the deal. Connor needed oxegen after which is a horrible thing to see regardless of the fighter but my god Rooney looked on top form.

With the rumors that Paul McVeigh will be vacating his title for TUFfer pastures. Perhaps we could see a rematch of Neil Two Tap Seery and Damien The Rage Rooney for the belt ?

Overall, great venue, good standard of fights and fantastic company. What more could you ask for. OH , YES i remember a photo with Brett Freeman. To whom i kindly said : " In two/three years, I'll be doing your job " . Probably not the right thing to say but who cares. He's a nice guy. SEE you on the 23rd
    dscf0168g.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

AND IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ THAT.

Caolin Shivers vs Alan Cocoran - 1st Round Triangle.

Kieran Davern vs Matthew Mullan - 2nd Round TKO.

Karl Moore vs Janek Pinczura -1st Round KO

Arnaud Dos Santos vs Blaine O Driscoll - Majority Decision

Levi Kehoe vs Milan Kovac - U.D

Alan Duffy vs Dec " The Bandit " Larkin - 1st Round Ankle Lock

Chris "The Killing" Fields vs Lee Chadwick - 3rd Round Stoppage

Marius " Pit Bull " Lapenas vs Vilmar " The Animal " Erenberg - 3rd Round G/Tine

Damien " The Rage " Rooney vs Mark Connor - 1st Round TKO / KO ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Kal_El

SDTimeout wrote: »
    It might have been the hometown buzz but Dec Larkin called out Myles Price. I laughed to myself, Parke is fight mate. Get in line.

Dec Larkin did beat Myles quite convincingly before Norman did in fairness and so desrves a shot just as much. I see this one happening before the Parke fight to be quite honest. I think Norman will fight around Europe more this year and a rematch with Myles does nothing for him at the minute.

Kal_El wrote: »
    Dec Larkin did beat Myles quite convincingly before Norman did in fairness and so desrves a shot just as much. I see this one happening before the Parke fight to be quite honest. I think Norman will fight around Europe more this year and a rematch with Myles does nothing for him at the minute.

I know he did, it was mentioned by the M.C tonight. I don't see it happening before the Parke fight. That's why i said it, mainly because JF has said it will be happening in the summer all things going well and it will be happening in Kilkenny i believe.

I still cant see Parke vs Price happening anytime soon.

Be great if it did but i really cant see it. But then there are lots of good fights for Myles in Ireland still not so many for Parke.

Kal_El wrote: »
    I still cant see Parke vs Price happening anytime soon.

Did you ignore the part where i said John Ferguson announced it would happen all things going well end of the summer ?

You could just listen to this either, he talks about it here. http://fighthounds.com/interviwes/%E2%80%9Caudio%E2%80%9D-punchin-crunchin-2642011-interview-with-john-ferguson/

Did you ignore the part where i said John Ferguson announced it would happen all things going well end of the summer ?

You could just listen to this either, he talks about it here. http://fighthounds.com/interviwes/%E2%80%9Caudio%E2%80%9D-punchin-crunchin-2642011-interview-with-john-ferguson/

Ha! No i seen that but you do have to realise that John Ferguson is a promoter and thats all. Just because he wants the fight disnt mean its gonna happen. There are lost of things at play in that situation. I could be wrong i have been in the past:rolleyes:.

• Advertisement

Have to agree i thought blaine got a rough deal on the scoring. Should of been much closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Very good night of fights. For the quality of fights was probably one of the best Cage contenders yet. Blaine against Dos Santos was one of the best C-class fights you'll see all year. Did feel it was a real hometown decision especially when Ian Freeman Chris Brennan and Rodney Moore all gave Blaine the fight. Brett Freeman even looked very confused when he was handed the announcement, But this stuff happens and its impossible to put Blaine down. He'll be back very soon :D
    Moore's KO was very impressive. Gotta expect good things to come from this kid. At his age already 4-0.
    Chris and Levi's fights (although Levi's was very stale) show the SBG guys can put a good gameplan together and follow it too perfection. Good to see chris gettin into some longer fights too. Itll stand to him well.
    Dec's Kneebar I think rivals Lukes armbar for submission of the year. Especially since innitially Alan was defending very well and Dec was just slick enough to pull it out.
    Marius showed his experience in his fight. Was an example of purely how to wear your opponent down. With his condidtioning if he gets a hold of your neck in the 3rd its gonna be hard for anyone to fight it off. Villmars put on one hell of a fight though. The 1st 2 rounds were very hard to score.

Now for just a couple wee negatives.
    Thought the second break was pretty needless. There was only 9 fights on the card and ive no complaints about that given the quality of the show but 2 breaks is a bit much and makes the night go on longer than it has to.
    One mismatch on the card. As good a fight as the lad put up a debutant goin up against a lad who's 2-2 is a bit of a big ask. But turned out to be a very good fight.
    Also the atmosphere just didnt give the same buzz as the Dublin crowd. Night just didnt have that electricity in the air.
    Finally some cowboy in Maoire is sellin dodgy diesel it looks like. Rimas' car engine was destroyed last night and the culprit looks to be bad diesel with some sh1t floating round in it. I know you cant be blame for this John but we're still gonna :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

That's ridiculous.

Might be a personal question John but will Anesh been given a purse of any kind. I don't think irish MMA is at a stage where a guy who I'm guessing is a student can pay for training up to a fight then his fight is called off and he gets nothing. Not even beating up a guy.
    I wouldn't expect anything as this was an amateur bout. That being said getting dragged up to Belfast, cutting weight, missing a day's work, paying for petrol and so on is very irritating and has cost Anesh. I don't blame anyone not even Nathan McMullen (I'm sure someday a fighter of mine will miss weight) but if I was to suggest anything it would be that amateurs are allowed to weigh in their home town. It was a 400 mile round trip for Anesh to stand on the scales.

This could easily be done with say Dave Jones for example supervising an amateur weigh in in Dublin if the show was in Belfast, or Peter Lavery supervising one in Belfast for Dublin. I'm just spitballing of course. It costs fighters €€€ or £££ and since amateurs don't get anything, all they really get is the shaft if something like this happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭David Jones

I wasnt going to respond to this but seeing as you have now put it up on fight hounds.
    Point taken off him for illegal shot to the head. However my only gripe is that i thought he wasn't warned. I couldn't hear it from a few feet away but I've now been told he was warned twice.

You mean you have since been told by the referee ie me by pm that the fighter was warned twice. ( a polite reply to the Pm would have been nice) I also went over this particular point at the rules meeting before the fights but that meeting is just for fighters and coaches. Whether you heard it or not is actually irrelevant, Matthew did and acknowledged I had warned him when I spoke to him at the end of the round. So no gripe please.
    Judges scores were ANNOUNCED as 29-29 , 27-30, 29-28 meaning it was a split decision. Brett called it a UD.

That actually means it was a majority decision which is what Brett announced. Again your hearing is causing inaccuracies in your reporting.

Pablohoney87
    Did feel it was a real hometown decision especially when Ian Freeman Chris Brennan and Rodney Moore all gave Blaine the fight.

Rodney was a judge on the night and the score cards are as above so not sure your reference to him giving him the fight is all that accurate. Normally I wouldnt comment on score cards but as they appear to be public knowledge and as I was referee for that fight and not involved in decision.

While i do not like to reply to PM's where i feel i'm being spoke down to. Considering i wrote that up at 1AM in the morning after a long day and after the event. Mistakes will happen. My opinion on the point is still my opinion so there's of no massive benefit to try and negate it to prove me wrong. Perhaps I'm just so used to having the benefit of the UFC ref's mic'd that i can hear everything they say.

Secondly i was told by someone on the night it was a UD. As i was scribbling notes down from the third round and was told it was a UD. Simple mistake which i rectified in the results page.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

While i do not like to reply to PM's where i feel i'm being spoke down to. Considering i wrote that up at 1AM in the morning after a long day and after the event. Mistakes will happen. My opinion on the point is still my opinion so there's of no massive benefit to try and negate it to prove me wrong. Perhaps I'm just so used to having the benefit of the UFC ref's mic'd that i can hear everything they say.

Secondly i was told by someone on the night it was a UD. As i was scribbling notes down from the third round and was told it was a UD. Simple mistake which i rectified in the results page.
    If you're serious about reporting on events, then you'll have to take the rough with the smooth. It's not "your opinion" that counts if you're reporting, it's the facts, and every single line you put down in a report has to be accurate especially when it questions the authority and professionalism of an official.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭David Jones

Full contents of both PMs sent yesterday morning 10am so you had plenty of time to edit your posts.

1st PM
    Mullan was warned twice for punches to the back of the head. I would appreciate if you would edit your post accordingly. Regards

2nd PM
    Also the dos Santos fight was a majority decision which it was announced as. One judge a draw, two for dos Santos. Please check your facts if you are going to report on fights. People reading assume you are accurate.

Polite I believe so, I would have put dear...such and such but seeing as you like many on here hide behind a user name I didnt know it. I gave you over 24 hours to make a small change to report oh and a PM back would be nice, but then I find it up on fight hounds too.

I only ask that the report reflects what actually happened. I dont talk down to people as a habit but I do expect some professional courtesy.

Rodney was a judge on the night and the score cards are as above so not sure your reference to him giving him the fight is all that accurate. Normally I wouldnt comment on score cards but as they appear to be public knowledge and as I was referee for that fight and not involved in decision.

Maybe Im mistaking who Rodney was. Coulda been someone who just looked like him. But He called Blaine aside and said he gave Blaine all 3 rounds. Either way a 30-27 score against blaine I thought was pretty strange especially for the second round was won by him convincingly. Not havin a go just voicing my opinion like. Hopefully we can see a rematch between these 2 in the near or distant future as it was such an entertaining fight. :)
    Great Job yourself anyway Dave. See ya at the next one.

Eh well if my reports on the night where wrong I'm sorry too iPhone + coors light = gods knows

one of the best things about CC is the controversy that follows after. Ya really do get your moneys worth!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

well some people did as if you where in the "cheap" seats you got in to the rings side free. Prob so the crowd didnt look as empty on TV. Still was a bit miffed I paid full wack.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

I thought it was a great night of fights. It started later than expected but that's excusable. The Dos Santos v O'Driscoll fight was a hard one to call. Personally I thought Blaine had done enough to win and at the least deserved a draw. Exciting fight to watch none the less and I'm sure he'll come back better from that experience.

There were some great finishes on the night. Karl Moore's KO was the perfect shot against a wild swinger in Janek, straight down the middle. Cocoran's triangle after been rolled was nicely timed. Larkin's kneebar/toe hold was beautiful. Definitely submission of the night.

There went many negatives to take away from the night. One gripe was the 2 breaks. Normally we only get one break between the C-class and pro fights so having two breaks was strange. Obviously it was done to stretch out the night. A short fight card coupled with early finishes would have left the night finishing very early.

Overall it was a great night. The perfect number of fights for a card with exciting fights leaving me wanting more. Perfect from a promotional stand point.

J
    With the rumors that Paul McVeigh will be vacating his title for TUFfer pastures. Perhaps we could see a rematch of Neil Two Tap Seery and Damien The Rage Rooney for the belt ?

Just spotted this. Seery/Rooney's been done. I say bring on Seery vs The Hooligan for the title

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

Just spotted this. Seery/Rooney's been done. I say bring on Seery vs The Hooligan for the title

Great idea! That would be a class fight! Paddy the up and comer vs the Veteren Seery. Cant see it going any other way than the Hooligan, by Sub or any other way.

Great idea! That would be a class fight! Paddy the up and comer vs the Veteren Seery. Cant see it going any other way than the Hooligan, by Sub or any other way.

I reckon it'd be the hardest title fight to predict yet. Id be inclined to lean towards seery by decision. His takedown defence has come a long long way over the years and dont see him getting caught from guard. But definitely a tough one to predict.
    If not Paddy how bout Tim Murphy? He's hangin about in the Bantamweight division these days isnt he?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

Hi Guys!!

A massive thanks to everybody involved in any way with CC9 - fighters, coaches, officials, time keeper, fans, production team, CC Team, press, bloggers and even the doubters, haters and begrudgers. Without you guys there would be no show!!

Those backstage will notice that yet again we changed more small things to make team facilities the best that they can possibly be. Thanks to the coaches who took the time to find me and show that they notice (lol it's not often we get praise so cheers :D )

Even after pull outs, cards changes and others behind the scenes trying to make life difficult we still pulled one of the most exciting fight cards to date. Our ticket sales were down slightly on this event but we still had just shy of 1700 people in the arena.

So just a massive thanks again to you all - We are already looking forward to a great night in Dublin on 23rd July!! See you there

PS: I was stopped in the arena and asked by a fighter why I never have fighters from his club at CC. To clear it up, I will take fighters from any club if the fighter is right. So fighters if you want on a CC event speak to your coach and get him to contact me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 JO KO

I was at the show Mr. Ferguson...the other 1300 must have been in the Kings hall, (where there was no event)...as there were only 300-400 in the Nugent hall (cow shed) where the event was actually held so why are you misleading people first of all by saying its in the kings hall instead of nugent hall (kings hall complex) . Why are you telling lies claiming there were 1700 at the show, lol. I noticed that after the 2nd break that you squeezed the 300 odd punters up into the first 6-7 rows so it looked like there were more attending...facts remain that you only had 300-400. (we did a rough head count during the break as the warm beer was brutal). Cage wars or Clanwars, even Chaos are better quality shows.

JO KO wrote: »
    I was at the show Mr. Ferguson...the other 1300 must have been in the Kings hall, (where there was no event)...as there were only 300-400 in the Nugent hall (cow shed) where the event was actually held so why are you misleading people first of all by saying its in the kings hall instead of nugent hall (kings hall complex) . Why are you telling lies claiming there were 1700 at the show, lol. I noticed that after the 2nd break that you squeezed the 300 odd punters up into the first 6-7 rows so it looked like there were more attending...facts remain that you only had 300-400. (we did a rough head count during the break as the warm beer was brutal). Cage wars or Clanwars, even Chaos are better quality shows.

Thanks for the input JO KO. If you have any other issues feel free to identify yourself and get in touch. I will happily go through your points with you.

Re the moving people forward to better seats, we have 28 rows of 25 seats in the reservered area (700 in total). Before the last 2 fights I offered people to fill the seats that were now empty as people had watched their friends or family fight then left. Even when I done this there were still alot of people outside the barriers, sorry your claim of 300-400 simply does not hold water

First post of this thread
    CAGE CONTENDER is coming back to the Kings Hall Complex. Belfast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

If not Paddy how bout Tim Murphy? He's hangin about in the Bantamweight division these days isnt he?
    I am? :eek:

If someone was willing to do my job for me and run my gym then I probably could get down to bantam. Paddy's a real good up and comer so it would be a pretty interesting fight I'd say.

Advertisement