Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD MW3] General News and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,216 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Mousey- wrote: »
    "can you gaurntee me games won't be far more violent and corrupt people in 10 years"

for **** sake the gaming rep isn't houdini or god of all games developers... how can he answer that.
    The gaming industry rep held his own and obviously knew he ws the enemy and "bad guy" of the show...

The answer to that one would have been...

"Well, if the screaming mob has its deluded way and influences the government into being the nanny of all nanny states, even our Pokemon will be consigned to History and we'll all be sat down playing tetris."

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

everlast75 wrote: »
    The answer to that one would have been...

"Well, if the screaming mob has its deluded way and influences the government into being the nanny of all nanny states, even our Pokemon will be consigned to History and we'll all be sat down playing tetris."

Tetris!? There's trouble makers goin round buildin walls Joe, it's a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭RebelSniper

I think... We need a little more realism. 1 hit sniper kills, sway and drop wouldnt kill, larger maps w/ vantage points, Better clothing customisation, Better attachment allowances. I think these are a few ideas that may catch on...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

I think... We need a little more realism. 1 hit sniper kills, sway and drop wouldnt kill, larger maps w/ vantage points, Better clothing customisation, Better attachment allowances. I think these are a few ideas that may catch on...

the non one shot one kills snipers have no recoil, a barrett shoudlnt take 2 rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

krudler wrote: »
    ^ thats exactly the thing I'm talking about, ludicrous, uninformed statements made by hysterical people, the audience hissing at the guy from CVG is a joke, ****ing morons.

funny thing about that fiasco is after the show aired it was discovered that that wench did voice acting for a game back in the 90s :) a violent game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Duelmags and flame throwers wont be in MW3, im saying that because IW dont take ideas from Treyarch, they make their own.

Oh FFS :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

the non one shot one kills snipers have no recoil, a barrett shoudlnt take 2 rounds.

Would be cool if they put in realistic reactions to being hit by sniper rifles, lets face it if a 50.cal round hit you square in the chest you're wind up 10 feet behind where you were standing, I'd love a bullets pov killcam, only for the gamewinning kill like on Crysis 2 where the camera follows the bullet along until it hits the victim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

Jev/N wrote: »

it amazes me that theres still IW fanboys out there after the way they treated people with mw2. I won't be buying another cod unless it has dedicated servers......I'm quite happy with blops.

About the dual mags though, I think that was a bad inclusion into black ops. It basically made scavenger redundant which made it even easier for people to pick ghost. Don't get me wrong, I used dual mags all the time at the start, I just think they should have taken them out. More people might use the other tier one perks then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

it amazes me that theres still IW fanboys out there after the way they treated people with mw2. I won't be buying another cod unless it has dedicated servers......I'm quite happy with blops.

About the dual mags though, I think that was a bad inclusion into black ops. It basically made scavenger redundant which made it even easier for people to pick ghost. Don't get me wrong, I used dual mags all the time at the start, I just think they should have taken them out. More people might use the other tier one perks then.

I love dual mags too, but your right, it does fuel ghost plus famas users

Jev/N wrote: »

I know Treyarch suck :D

• Advertisement

IW are better than Treyarch, other than duel mags and flamethrowers whats new about black ops?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,992 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

IW are better than Treyarch, other than duel mags and flamethrowers whats new about black ops?

The customization and wager matches ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Theatre mode /Duel mags / flamethrowers / flak jacket / camera spikes / jammers / Motion sensors / Varible scopes / Black Bird / Balistic knife / wager modes / facepaints and emblem customisation etccc

and im sure theres qutie a few other bits... also IW aren't making MW3, at least not hte part that matters ...... MW3 will seriously be a lot worse off if they don't implement a lot of whats new in black ops.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Headshot wrote: »
    The customization and wager matches ?

Quiet you! Didn't you know they stole this idea from IW along with theater mode, report system, zombies, Dead Ops, etc, etc, etc.

[/sticks head back in sand]

Also, I can't help but laugh at certain posters wanting realism when they much prefer Michael BayModern Warfare 2 than the other COD games.

Magill wrote: »
    Theatre mode /Duel mags / flamethrowers / flak jacket / camera spikes / jammers / Motion sensors / Varible scopes / Black Bird / Balistic knife / wager modes / facepaints and emblem customisation etccc

and im sure theres qutie a few other bits... also IW are making MW3, at least not hte part that matters ...... MW3 will seriously be a lot worse off if they don't implement a lot of whats new in black ops.

Flak Jacket = Blast Shield
    Jammer = scrambler
    Motion Sensor = Heartbeat sensor
    Ballistic knife = Tac Knife
    and big woop they made a new killstreak :cool:

IW are the brains behind the CoD series, since they were the ones who made it in the first place.

Flak Jacket = Blast Shield Hardly...
    Jammer = scrambler Huh
    Motion Sensor = Heartbeat sensor
    Ballistic knife = Tac Knife You know you can shoot the ballistic knife right ?
    and big woop they made a new killstreak :cool:

IW are the brains behind the CoD series, since they were the ones who made it in the first place.

And what about threatre/zombies/deadops/wagematches/customisation etc

Also i dont think anone is disputing who came up with the CoD series... just that they really need to take the good from black ops if they want MW3 to be good.... which they probably will.. because they're not pig headed like your making them out to be.

And what about threatre/zombies/deadops/wagematches/customisation etc

Also i dont think anone is disputing who came up with the CoD series... just that they really need to take the good from black ops if they want MW3 to be good.... which they probably will.. because they're not pig headed like your making them out to be.

Im just saying I rarely see anything extremely new in a Treyarch game.

scrambler was a perk in MW2 that jammed enemy radar when you were close to them

Im just saying I rarely see anything extremely new in a Treyarch game.

scrambler was a perk in MW2 that jammed enemy radar when you were close to them

What are you talking about !!!

How is theatre mode and wager matches not something extremely new to the CoD series ???? They're probably the biggest changes since CoD4 ffs !

I think your just like telling yourself that IW are ze best thing since sliced bread so the mere thought of them implementing something that they didnt come up with angers you !

I for one (As do most people on this forum i'd imagine) pray to god that they take alot from black ops !

How revolutionary of IW to introduce Scrambler!

One of the single most stupidest and pointless perks I've seen in COD, one that no one uses. Thank you -_-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

The difference between Flak Jacket and Blast Shield is people actually use Flak Jacket.Treyarch have also made Zombies and theatre mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

The difference between Flak Jacket and Blast Shield is people actually use Flak Jacket.Treyarch have also made Zombies and theatre mode.

But I use blast sheild.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

Possibly the biggest move forward on Call of Duty was brought by Treyarc when they brought out theater mode. IW never thought of it. Altho, of course an XBOX player wouldn't notice the significance of that, since it doesn't record full games on the Xbox so you guys don't think its that good! It was an amazing step forward.

On top of that, the wager matches are such a great thing to do when ya are pissed off playing the norm games..

On top of that they brought out Combat Training. No one has mentioned that yet I don't think.. Its great to get on that with friends, set the difficulty to Veteran an just go mental.. Its very funny. its also good to get to know the new maps playing against something even if it is a bot instead of running around like a headless chicken in public games. once again IW didnt think of that. IW brought the split screen lan with MW2.

IW are the ones that brought out commando, OMA, danger close, noob tubes, lightweight tac knife. how you can say that they were the better developer is Idont know.

Granted Treyarc fuked up taking out stopping power, an its a bit of a lag fest, but its still WAY more balanced.

go on MW2 now all you will hear is noob tubes an idiots wanting to 360 no scope cross map optic grizz wanna-bes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I actually agree with Magill for like the 2nd time in my boards life :pac:

AGB, give it up.

IW made a few good things, Treyarch made a ton of great things.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭RebelSniper

flak jacket / jammers /

Flak Jacket was in COD4... Jammer is the same as scrambler...

ok dude I agree with most of your posts but I gotta say Treyarch did bring some new stuff to COD, I'm not a fan of Blops but I think Theatre Mode and the wager matches were fantastic additions, I kinda wish I kept it just for Zombies as well.

All this IW v Treyarch fussin' and feudin' needs to stop.

they all have lovely bottoms.

How revolutionary of IW to introduce Scrambler!

One of the single most stupidest and pointless perks I've seen in COD, one that no one uses. Thank you -_-

Its funny how Scrambler works in the complete opposite way its meant to, its basically your own personal UAV, you see the screen go fuzzy, move, and you can tell where someone is the closer you get to them, the only time I've ever seen it work brilliantly its on Rust where most of the other team was running it and it was like a constant counter UAV.

what they should have made it was an anti-UAV perk, where say the enemy team brought up a UAV, your position was shown as a red dot but one that moved and flicked about within a radius of where you are, not a constant red dot showing your exact position.

krudler wrote: »
    Its funny how Scrambler works in the complete opposite way its meant to, its basically your own personal UAV, you see the screen go fuzzy, move, and you can tell where someone is the closer you get to them, the only time I've ever seen it work brilliantly its on Rust where most of the other team was running it and it was like a constant counter UAV.

what they should have made it was an anti-UAV perk, where say the enemy team brought up a UAV, your position was shown as a red dot but one that moved and flicked about within a radius of where you are, not a constant red dot showing your exact position.

That is kinda like the decoy grenade in a sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

Flak Jacket was in COD4... Jammer is the same as scrambler...

no it wasn't........it really could have done with it though.

• Advertisement

no it wasn't........it really could have done with it though.

Juggernaut. Decrease bullet and explosive damage by 25%

Advertisement