Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD MW3] General News and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

am I the only person that actually likes MW2's campaign :pac: it doesnt make a lick of sense most of the time but its got some cracking setpiece levels, No Russian, Cliffhanger, Contingency, The Gulag, all great levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

krudler wrote: »
    am I the only person that actually likes MW2's campaign :pac: it doesnt make a lick of sense most of the time but its got some cracking setpiece levels, No Russian, Cliffhanger, Contingency, The Gulag, all great levels.

I loved it, barely anyone knows the 'true' backstory of the campaign and hence hate on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I liked the campaign, I was just rather miffed that there was so little of it. Granted, it doesn't have many moments that approach the post-nuke moments of it's predecessor, but it's still pretty nifty, and the American suburban warfare bit still makes Homefront look embarrassed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Most people play the first mission and don't continue but tbh it doesn't make any sense at some parts lol I loved it :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I loved all the the set pieces,the race across the rooftops one of my favourites.
    To be honest I'm not too pushed about the story as long as it has those big hollywood type set pieces in it again

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

It was too Michael Bay-esque but the missions you mentioned were all fantastic. I'd add Con Air aka Airplane graveyard to your list.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

lets be honest, the only way to make a balanced game is to take all the perks and customisation out and only have one gun in the game. But that wouldn't be fun.

And you'd still have that bastard who figures out how to get out of the map.

Kersmash wrote: »
    lets be honest, the only way to make a balanced game is to take all the perks and customisation out and only have one gun in the game. But that wouldn't be fun.

And you'd still have that bastard who figures out how to get out of the map.

I'll use BOPS for an example, if I used MW2 I'd be here for ages.
    • Reduce rate of fire on Famas + add more recoil, hip firing with it is a joke.
    • Remove rapid fire from SMG's (namely the 74u) OR give it to the likes of the Mac and Uzi, the rest do not need it + add recoil to the AK74u.
    • Make all SMG clips the same size, I frankly don't care if it's not the case IRL.
    • Remove ghost. If people want to remain undetected, do something about it and shoot down air support.
    • Second Chance, gtfo
    • Remove motion sensor

Have I missed something? Probably, but I've mentioned BOPS issues before numerous times.

Heck I'm on a roll, I'll go with COD4 now -
    • Add recoil to M16 and make the M16, a 2 burst kill gun with stopping power.
    • Last stand, gtfo. <--- it's not problematic in COD4 whatsoever must be said
    • 3 frags, gtfo
    • Remove Danger Close (I forget the COD4 name)
    • Reduce blast radius
    • Add a stinger/strella

Both games need dedi servers but that's asking too much of Activision unfortunately.

Wholla, balanced.... IMHO

You're right though, it will never be fully balanced. But they (IW and Treyarch) could have done a whole lot better balancing their respective games if there was an ounce of common sense between them. Honestly, in who's mind was last stand/2nd chance a good idea? I'm really can't see the logic in that being in the game, and as I've said before. It doesn't really affect me unless too much but it's a ****house perk (sorry if I offend anyone, but it is and likewise ghost unless you regularly take out enemy air support, otherwise it's a complete and utter cop out).

COD4 so nearly hit the nail on the head. So damn close. MW2 went backwards (catered for prepubescent kids/teens), BOPS was a *slight improvement*. Many good ideas ruined by poor execution and severely ****ing us PS3 and PC owners over.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,888 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

^^ the man speaks ****ing sense

I especially loved this one
    "Remove ghost. If people want to remain undetected, do something about it and shoot down air support."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Im such a boss i purposely don't use siliencers/ghost or take out UAV's... so that my enemy's come looking for me... quad ?

This will be taken down very quickly ^

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

COD4 so nearly hit the nail on the head. So damn close..

I used to love cod 4 but there was alot wrong there as well.

M16 & p90 silenced were easily the best weapons , martydom , 3 frags , last stand , jugg , and my pet hate (not iw's fault) sniper lobbies .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

This will be taken down very quickly ^

AC-130 ABOVEEEEE

Shammy wrote: »
    I used to love cod 4 but there was alot wrong there as well.

M16 & p90 silenced were easily the best weapons , martydom , 3 frags , last stand , jugg , and my pet hate (not iw's fault) sniper lobbies .

Stopping Power <---> Jugg = Balanced. I'm not a fan of it btw but it's balanced. Players had the choice of either running one from stopping power, sleight of hand uav jammer and juggernaut. That was the great thing about COD4, you were sacrificing something for something of different but equal value.

I originally had p90 down honestly, p90's rate of fire compared to the rest was ridiculous I agree but it's not over used IMO. Unlike say the UMP in MW2 and 74u in BOPS.

Snipers lobbies are as a result of Grizz namely. However IW totally catered for quickscopers/noscopers in MW2. I have absolutely zero doubts about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭niallon

Feckin beat me to it! :D

As for the trailer...from a "Michael Bay Moment" perspective, wow! Can't base any real judgement on a trailer of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I'm just glad there's British characters again. Missed them in Black Ops. Generally dont tend to like American characters that much. Too yee-haa yankee dee doodle.

Yeah the Brits make better COD characters, more 'genuine' tough I reckon. Wasn't there talk of MW3 featuring a kind've recreation of the Iranian Embassy siege from the eighties? Would definitely give more clout to the British storyline.

Also, how is that trailer still online!?!?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,477 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

niallon wrote: »
    Yeah the Brits make better COD characters, more 'genuine' tough I reckon. Wasn't there talk of MW3 featuring a kind've recreation of the Iranian Embassy siege from the eighties? Would definitely give more clout to the British storyline.

That was supposed to be in BO.

Blay wrote: »
    That was supposed to be in BO.

Thought it had got a mention somewhere alright. Would have loved a mission along those lines to feature, here's hoping it spilled over into MW3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,477 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

niallon wrote: »
    Thought it had got a mention somewhere. Would have loved a mission along those lines to feature, here's hoping it spilled over into MW3

Could probably be used as a flashback for one of the British characters..maybe:P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

It's not that I hate American characters or anything, but there's no shortage of them in other games. The British characters add a bit of texture, something that's always set Modern Warfare apart. Helps emphasise the idea that it's a global conflict with more than one front and more than one kind of fight.

Officially uploaded in HD, seems the times scheduled were an hour off or my maths were!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Well the British were in largely because of the three campaigns in the original COD games.

Trailer looks good...naturally.
    But will the game live up to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

/licks screen
    Trailer looks good...naturally.
    But will the game live up to it?

When has Mod Warfare not? 1&2 were pretty awesome imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭RebelSniper

I think it looks great, might even rival BFBC3 this year. Because they're using IWs server games gonna be smoother, graphics better and gameplay's gonna be better fun for us. Lets hope though we dont have stupid fanboys jumping on the devolepers back with "Power down Noobtubes" "We want quickscoping" and my personal favorite "Can we have built in aimbots, cos us fanboys are **** at this game."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

I think it looks great, might even rival BFBC3 this year. Because they're using IWs server games gonna be smoother, graphics better and gameplay's gonna be better fun for us. Lets hope though we dont have stupid fanboys jumping on the devolepers back with "Power down Noobtubes" "We want quickscoping" and my personal favorite "Can we have built in aimbots, cos us fanboys are **** at this game."

BFBC2 is just hype, its always like that. When it comes down to it MW3 will sell a hundred times more and a hundred time more people will be playing it online.

Flojo wrote: »
    /licks screen

When has Mod Warfare not? 1&2 were pretty awesome imo.

MW2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    BFBC2 is just hype, its always like that. When it comes down to it MW3 will sell a hundred times more and a hundred time more people will be playing it online.

it ain't

and its Battlefield 3 that is coming out not BBFC2/3;)

• Advertisement

Kev_ps3 wrote: »

But the Battlefield players will be making alot more noise online about their choice of FPS.

Advertisement