Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite city ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭RockinRolla

flag123 wrote: »
    Sound's sh*t

Not your cup of tea?

I hear Iran is beautiful this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Easy choice for me, has to be London, still never tire of flying into Heathrow over the city, love everything about London :)

do you love white hart lane and spurs fans

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Halfpan

Liverpool for me. My mates an Everton fan so I've gone over with him and a few others a couple of times now and really loved it.

Anyway - where's the Sao Paulo option? :mad:

It's bigger than New York, more multi-cultural than London, more liberal than San Francisco and warmer than Miami.

and easier to get mugged and stabbed than all four put together!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

Oslo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

rossie1977 wrote: »
    do you love white hart lane and spurs fans

:D:D, I walked into that one, didn't I ? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

Not your cup of tea?

Could be, but saying N.Korea instead of Iran would've been more affective for me as despite what the Jewish-run media say about Iranian society.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

punchdrunk wrote: »
    Oslo.

bergen over oslo every day of the week

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 juli123

i love amsterdam and praque is also great

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Used to be San Francisco but every day that I am in Kuala Lumpur I fall more in love with it and it is now beginning to win the battle for my heart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Witchie wrote: »
    Used to be San Francisco but every day that I am in Kuala Lumpur I fall more in love with it and it is now beginning to win the battle for my heart.

KA..really?

I was there in 2010 for the past part of a month and it was a bit grim if I'm being honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

KA..really?

I was there in 2010 for the past part of a month and it was a bit grim if I'm being honest.

I have heard it is a completely different place in the past 3 years alone. There is constant development and it is just a really modern, cosmopolitan city with so many vibrant cultures blending together. I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Caaaaaarrrrkkkkk!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Witchie wrote: »
    I have heard it is a completely different place in the past 3 years alone. There is constant development and it is just a really modern, cosmopolitan city with so many vibrant cultures blending together. I love it.

I should reevaluate- I spent a week in Belfast last month and that really was grim. There is nothing good I can say about the place- a weird hybrid of a ****e UK city and **** Irish market town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

I've been to a few of those places, not many, but voted Dublin. I've had a lot of craic in Dublin. It's a good place to visit.

San Francisco is probably better all round but the craic...it's better in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Don't know how many people have been to Wellington in New Zealand, but it really is a cool cool place. Lots of things to do, great public areas, awesome museums, good bars, and everything is walking distance.

Out of the bigger cities I really liked Rome, so much history everywhere you look.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Budapest I would say. And that was during january when it was -6C everyday..so Im sure it'd be even nicer in summer! Just absolutely stunning city, barely any of it was destroyed during the war so its an almost perfectly preserved city..history everywhere you look

• Registered Users Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

London has a buzz it took me years to learn to appreciate. I really regret not having spent a few years there in my early twenties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

I'll be heading to Paris in a few weeks, hope it's as nice as my last visit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Not your cup of tea?

What's their homeless situation like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Pure tashte

I'd go with Berlin from the above list but with special mentions to Lisbon, Melbourne and Bristol

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

New York without a doubt. Although minus the endless numbers of African American men trying to intimidate everyone into "donating" them money for the "free" blank mixtape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Portland Oregon is a great spot

every second building seems to be selling craft beer

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mark_jmc

Sticking with Portland,
    Portland Maine is a lovely city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Tullamore.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭MickDoyle1979

Florence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Sleepy wrote: »
    London has a buzz it took me years to learn to appreciate. I really regret not having spent a few years there in my early twenties.

Way less craic than it used to be unfortuantely. Over half the live music venues have closed down in the last eight years or something (around that anyway). Rent anywhere Zone 2 has spiralled so people are being pushed out of gaffs that were traditionally lived in by young people interested in partying. Pubs are shutting down everywhere and being replaced by flats. The whole culture of squatting and the mad parties they generate has been all but killed off. Apparently artists are flying out of the place in order to go to Berlin etc.

London is becoming increasingly and depressingly homogenous and dull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Has anyone been to Ronda in Spain?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

FTA69 wrote: »
    Way less craic than it used to be unfortuantely. Over half the live music venues have closed down in the last eight years or something (around that anyway). Rent anywhere Zone 2 has spiralled so people are being pushed out of gaffs that were traditionally lived in by young people interested in partying. Pubs are shutting down everywhere and being replaced by flats. The whole culture of squatting and the mad parties they generate has been all but killed off. Apparently artists are flying out of the place in order to go to Berlin etc.

London is becoming increasingly and depressingly homogenous and dull.

I dont know much about this situation in london..but is it just nightlife venues getting hit a bit? Because just nightlife becoming more boring doesn't mean a whole city is becoming dull, theres a lot more to cities than their nightlife..!

Advertisement