Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there really anything funny about a heroin addict??

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Odysseus wrote: »
    I fully agree, and use black humor to get me through my working day, this thread though, it is hardly comdey is it?

I haven't seen the McSavage clip but Adam and Paul is a favorite of mine and I think it's both funny and tragically sad. I think addicts can be the subject of humour if it's in the right context.

Looks like people in the thread have mistook the OP and are answering the question: Is it funny to laugh at Heroin addicts because of their predicament.

Laughing at someone else' misfortune is a whole other kettle of fish and I don't understand how it can ever truly be humorous.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭jesmed

latenia wrote: »
    yowling.
    Never heard the term yowling before....fits well....yowl right bud.

Your taxes could go anywhere, so claiming you pay my wages is a joke, unless of course you actually get a report on where your taxes are spent.

you are talking in riddles, I never said I paid your wages.

SO who do you think pays the bill at the end of the day for Methadone? What report did YOU get to say that the State does not pay for methadone??

Actually you need not reply to it. Because when the bleeding heart brigade come in, I leave the thread.
    :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Is there really anything funny about a heroin addict??

...their Dublin accent? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I fully agree, and use black humor to get me through my working day, this thread though, it is hardly comdey is it?

Like "The Savage Eye", no, it sadly isn't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Homer wrote: »
    It's a case of AH:confused: did you get lost and end up here by accident? Anyway, back on topic.. I find the antics of some if dublins smack heads hilarious. Off to YouTube for visual backup..

Ah yes here go
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD_s1uPheEY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Thought of that vid when I read the thread title :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Jake1 wrote: »
    Because when the bleeding heart brigade come in, I leave the thread.

I've been here since the first page.

Shut the door on the way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Jake1 wrote: »
    you are talking in riddles, I never said I paid your wages.

SO who do you think pays the bill at the end of the day for Methadone? What report did YOU get to say that the State does not pay for methadone??

Actually you need not reply to it. Because when the bleeding heart brigade come in, I leave the thread.
    :P

Hopefully you have left, but just in case you made reference to clinics and staff paying for it out of the own pocket. I work in a clinic, so I have 13yrs of clinical experience rather than a beeeding heart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

From Wikipedia:

Audiences all over Dublin the same day (during the Dublin Theatre Festival) gave Murphy a standing ovation following the announcement of his death.[2]

Eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Confab wrote: »
    Eh?

In tribute to his great talent as an actor I presume.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Craebear

Oh jaysus help those poor poor heroin addicts! People making fun of them? What next, large numbers of people losing their minds and going into the streets to rape and murder each other?

OH NO!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭Homer

No I know my way around here. Find the topic a pathetic one and the posts are crap tbh.

Well then politely GTFO? Why are you here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

amdublin wrote: »
    Anyone see the ad/promo/trailer for the next series of the Savage Eye from our good friend Dave McSavage?

Russell Brand makes it funny ...

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-big-drugs-debate/4od#2931531

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Homer wrote: »
    Well then politely GTFO? Why are you here!

I go where I like, if you have a problem with that take your own advise, politely of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Finding humour in relation to a particular group and also being compassionate towards them aren't mutually exclusive. Sometimes humour is great for alleviating the awfulness of something. I don't agree being serious and "respectful" at all times is always beneficial.

Advertisement