Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there really anything funny about a heroin addict??

Options
  • 04-01-2011 11:49pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone see the ad/promo/trailer for the next series of the Savage Eye from our good friend Dave McSavage?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

Mcsavage was never ever funny, a one trick pony that doesn't even have a trick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I laughed a lot at Trainspotting myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

His skits often seem kind of insulting more than funny.
    He doesn't have a good judge of humor and just hits and misses.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Just ignore him and maybe he'll go away.

That goes for McSavage and heroin addicts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

"I'm not wiping meself with a Tayto bag"

Tragi-comic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

If you ask them to smile for a family photo, that's kinda funny tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Anything can be funny if it's done in the right way I think.

Dave McSavage on the other hand, can't be funny about anything at all. He's complete and utter sh1te.

It sounds horribly obvious and most likely isn't true but I think only a "comedian" as rubbish as him could get a prime time show and a regular spot on the Frontline because he has a government minister for a brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

McSavage is too close to Ryan Tubridy,Pat Kenny and Fianna Fail(or the axis of evil as I like to call them)for my liking!

McSavage is too close to Ryan Tubridy,Pat Kenny and Fianna Fail(or the axis of evil as I like to call them)for my liking!

Axis of Evil :)

Coffee , nose... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

In work I have had junkies think they could get one over me by putting on an accent and pretending to be English tourists. This is funny enough in itself given that I walked past them squabbling on the boardwalk an hour earlier but their idea of a typical English accent is the Queen addressing the opening of Parliament mixed with their usual yowling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

"I'm not wiping meself with a Tayto bag"

Tragi-comic

Tom died just a couple of years later from MRSA while being treated for Cancer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Tom died just a couple of years later from MRSA while being treated for Cancer.

That's hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

God taking the p!ss out of addicts, yeah sounds really funny to me. I wonder how funny it will be when soneones son/daughter etc falls fowl of drug. Or is this a case of it could never happen in my family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Odysseus wrote: »
    God taking the p!ss out of addicts, yeah sounds really funny to me. I wonder how funny it will be when soneones son/daughter etc falls fowl of drug. Or is this a case of it could never happen in my family.

Someone had to go pull the "family member" card.

As someone already pointed out - anything can be turned into a joke... death, cancer, AIDS, motor accidents... whatever. As long as it's funny, it's humour.

If comedians had to tip toe around every issue, there'd be no comedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭AntiMatter

Heroin addicts can be funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

You hassle me as I go about my business and I reserve the right to slag you. Is dumping used syringes on the street a symptom of addiction or of someone who doesn't give a fck about the rest of society?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭Homer

It's a case of AH:confused: did you get lost and end up here by accident? Anyway, back on topic.. I find the antics of some if dublins smack heads hilarious. Off to YouTube for visual backup..

Ah yes here go
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD_s1uPheEY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I wonder how funny it will be when soneones son/daughter etc falls fowl of drug.

Pretty poultry attempt to whip up hysteria...

Most things can be funny in the right context. It's not really nice but there you go.

Like most people, I can hate junkies; be filled with compassion for them or laugh at them depending on the situation.

As long as some of my taxes are paying for the methadone, Ill laugh at junkies all I want thanks very much.
    :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

That's hilarious.

Wasn't meant to be.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Murphy_%28actor%29

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Yokes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

bleeding heart alert.

ya, i laugh at junkies, they're a disgrace and i'd disown any family member stupid enough to do the stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

How ever did David Andrews Jr. get his own prime time show on RTE? Seriously?

Saw that promo earlier. It was very well done as I couldnt decide was it real or not...but when I saw it was an attempt at comedy, I wasnt that impressed with the subject matter. He's sooo outrageous!!:rolleyes:

I'd ring into Liveline tomorrow but they'd never let me say anything untoward about Todd Andrews' grandson...he's RTE royalty dontcha-know!!

Homer wrote: »
    It's a case of AH:confused: did you get lost and end up here by accident? Anyway, back on topic.. I find the antics of some if dublins smack heads hilarious. Off to YouTube for visual backup..

Ah yes here go
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD_s1uPheEY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

No I know my way around here. Find the topic a pathetic one and the posts are crap tbh.

Jake1 wrote: »
    As long as some of my taxes are paying for the methadone, Ill laugh at junkies all I want thanks very much.
    :P

Based on that post that sounds like a sad life, hope you enjoy, your taxes not pay for meth, they go to the excequer, not your local clinic.

latenia wrote: »
    You hassle me as I go about my business and I reserve the right to slag you. Is dumping used syringes on the street a symptom of addiction or of someone who doesn't give a fck about the rest of society?

All addicts hassle you? God that is some life you have there.

Based on that post that sounds like a sad life, hope you enjoy, your taxes not pay for meth, they go to the excequer, not your local clinic.

Sorry I was wrong obviously the clinics and their staff, they pay for it from their own pockets...and just kindly give it it out.

Someone had to go pull the "family member" card.

As someone already pointed out - anything can be turned into a joke... death, cancer, AIDS, motor accidents... whatever. As long as it's funny, it's humour.

If comedians had to tip toe around every issue, there'd be no comedy.

I fully agree, and use black humor to get me through my working day, this thread though, it is hardly comdey is it?

• Advertisement

Jake1 wrote: »
    Sorry I was wrong obviously the clinics and their staff, they pay for it from their own pockets...and just kindly give it it out.

Your taxes could go anywhere, so claiming you pay my wages is a joke, unless of course you actually get a report on where your taxes are spent.

Advertisement