Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinkbike Club Spins

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

poochiem wrote: »
    Thanks guys nice spin today, sally gap glencree etc beautiful scenery my first time out there. Didn't know about membership til just reading it here, must pop into the shop some evening and sort that out.

Didn't get out until later in the morning. I passed three lads at about 11:20 on my way up, one in think bike gear, heading back from sally gap direction towards the meeting point. Great day for a spin, but still blowy enough up top. No way would I have had the bike out on Saturday, and fair play to any that braved the gales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

Hi All

This weekends planned spins are as follows :

Saturday 22nd January
    Mountainbiking : Ballinastoe Woods 9.00 am : Categories : All

This spin is being done in preparation for the upcoming Biking Blitz event at the above location on Feb 6th more info here : www.biking.ie

Sunday 23rd January
    Road : Meeting outside shop as usual at 9.30am SHARP
    Route : Rathmines Foxes Glencree Waterfall Enniskerry Rathmines.
    Categories : All

All Welcome.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

All welcome I presume means you still don't need to be a member? Bike will actually be working properly this weekend... :D

seamus wrote: »
    All welcome I presume means you still don't need to be a member? Bike will actually be working properly this weekend... :D

Correct, open to both members and non members ..see you next weekend

Dont Forget this

Bikerbhoy wrote: »
    Hi All

This weekends planned spins are as follows :

Saturday 22nd January
    Mountainbiking : Ballinastoe Woods 9.00 am : Categories : All

This spin is being done in preparation for the upcoming Biking Blitz event at the above location on Feb 6th more info here : www.biking.ie

Sunday 23rd January
    Road : Meeting outside shop as usual at 9.30am SHARP
    Route : Rathmines Foxes Glencree Waterfall Enniskerry Rathmines.
    Categories : All

All Welcome.....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭pprendeville

what's average speed like? just looking for a good ride tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Kav0777

just looking for a good ride tomorrow.

Have to admit I had a childish giggle at that. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

That was good craic today. Mountain biking is not what it was when I was 16. Purpose-built technical singletrack? Walkers not giving you dogs abuse for being on the trails?

Worth giving up a lie in for. Have some work to do to get my speed up though.

Yeah great day out yet again today thanks to all who turned up lovely morning great fast tracks and some laughs too.......

ROAD tomorrow ,... any takers ?

9.30 Outside shop......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Kav0777 wrote: »
    Have to admit I had a childish giggle at that. :P

Just realised what I said. BEtter now show that to my wife I think.

• Advertisement

Thanks to all who turned up again this morning for road spin great turn out and nice spin with a little bit of climbing too..... Great Stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭poochiem

Bikerbhoy wrote: »
    Thanks to all who turned up again this morning for road spin great turn out and nice spin with a little bit of climbing too..... Great Stuff

Nice, more hills next week please. :)

here's a few photos from today

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

Even nature got a bad deal.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/paul_reynolds/5381388386/in/set-72157625762922759/

Looks like the spin went well. Fair play to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭poochiem

Lawdie wrote: »
    Even nature got a bad deal.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/paul_reynolds/5381388386/in/set-72157625762922759/

Looks like the spin went well. Fair play to all.

I was going to title that one 'we are where we are...going forward', I think the poor tree suffered a downturn!

Advertisement