Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinkbike Club Spins

Options
  • 04-01-2011 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭

Hi all we are back out this weekend after the long lay off due to the weather and then it colliding with the festive season so its now time we hit the road and trails again.

We have 2 mountain bike sessions this weekend Saturday and Sunday both meeting 9.00 am sharp 3 Rock/Ticknock is the location for both days in the lower car park. Saturday will be a beginners outing with Sunday having more of an advanced tone about it

While for the roadies we have our usual beginners meet outside the shop on Sunday at 9.30 am heading in the Enniskerry Glencree direction ..Duration 3 hours Approx

Hope to see some new faces out over the 2 days.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

I've attended a number of the Thinkbike MTB intro spins and they are excellent. If you're considering getting into MTB then come out Saturday morning, its also led out by an excellent elite rider.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 canice

hey, how beginner is the spin on saturday!
    thinking about it but probally need a few tips on how far i need to be able to cycle and at what speed before heading out.
    thanks
    Teresa

Hi Teresa, its generally a short cycle circa 2 hours including stops. Speed don't panic, no one gets left behind. The only way you will know is get there for 9am and try it. Great group and remember its an introductory spin aimed at easier levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Mosiki

Might join the roadie spin Sunday morning, be a pleasant change from the turbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Granite Head

Hi, how beginner is the road spin on Sunday - distance / speed :confused:

Also I have just got my new road bike:) but yet to get mudguards - are they necessary for a group spin?

Thanks

2024 Gigs and Events: Jarlath Regan, Depeche Mode, Roisin Murphy, Pip Blom, Nouvelle Vogue, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Murder Capital, Pixies, The Stranglers, Liam Gallagher & John Squires, The Jesus & Mary Chain, DJ Shadow, Cam Cole, Fight Like Apes, The Hives, Somebody's Child, Kacey Musgraves, Sprints, Nadine Shah, Jane Weaver, Bob Log lll, Jimmy Carr, Richard Hawley, Beyond The Pale, LCD Sound System, Patti Smith, Night & Day Festival, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, The Beat, All Together Now, Electric Picnic, Bonny Prince Billy, Phospherescant, Ride, Dirt Birds, Arab Strap, Tommy Tiernan, The Last Dinner Party, John Grant, Iron & Wine x2, Therapy, Ezra Collective, Nick Cave, Peter Hook & The Light, Idles, Khruangbin, Lightning Seeds, Fontaines DC, Amble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

Hi, how beginner is the road spin on Sunday - distance / speed :confused:

Also I have just got my new road bike:) but yet to get mudguards - are they necessary for a group spin?

Thanks

Hi there distance is usually about 40 - 60 k taking anything up to 3 hours max.

No mudguards are not necessary at all as majority will be without to be honest

Hope to see you sunday so

canice wrote: »
    hey, how beginner is the spin on saturday!
    thinking about it but probally need a few tips on how far i need to be able to cycle and at what speed before heading out.
    thanks
    Teresa

+ 1 with Lawdies comments.......

And........... Cait our mentor would be delighted to have another female in the group too.... so come on give it a go you wont regret it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 GarCon77

Great Stuff...back on Sunday duty from next week. Let the cobweb shaking commence

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭poochiem

might see you sunday!

Great spin out this morning well done lads

• Advertisement

Well Done to you Lawdie I think its fair to say you deserve the most improved rider award after todays climbing exploits ... Maith an Fear....:D

Thanks again to all for coming out, really great spin...Cheers...

Who's up for more tomorrow morning then eh ?

9.00 AM Three Rock/Ticknock Lower Car Park.....

Have fun...... Enjoy the new trail........ Im on Road duty tomorrow....:)

Nice trip out this morning, thanks Adrian. We went a bit further than planned, stopped for coffee in Greystones, rather than going higher where there may have been ice on the descents.

Hey thanks to everyone who turned up today great spin,lovely fresh morning,well done everyone see you next week....

FOR ANYONE INTERESTED PLEASE DONT FORGET CLUB MEMBERSHIP IS CLOSING NEXT SUNDAY...

Cheers

Thanks Adrian for organising spin yesterday

2024 Gigs and Events: Jarlath Regan, Depeche Mode, Roisin Murphy, Pip Blom, Nouvelle Vogue, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Murder Capital, Pixies, The Stranglers, Liam Gallagher & John Squires, The Jesus & Mary Chain, DJ Shadow, Cam Cole, Fight Like Apes, The Hives, Somebody's Child, Kacey Musgraves, Sprints, Nadine Shah, Jane Weaver, Bob Log lll, Jimmy Carr, Richard Hawley, Beyond The Pale, LCD Sound System, Patti Smith, Night & Day Festival, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, The Beat, All Together Now, Electric Picnic, Bonny Prince Billy, Phospherescant, Ride, Dirt Birds, Arab Strap, Tommy Tiernan, The Last Dinner Party, John Grant, Iron & Wine x2, Therapy, Ezra Collective, Nick Cave, Peter Hook & The Light, Idles, Khruangbin, Lightning Seeds, Fontaines DC, Amble

• Registered Users Posts: 6 GarCon77

Fair play Adrian...looks like you had a record number out on Sunday for early July!
    Will be out this Sunday, have the cash for membership but don't have the form, do you need me to redo the form or will last years do the job?

Bikerbhoy wrote: »
    FOR ANYONE INTERESTED PLEASE DONT FORGET CLUB MEMBERSHIP IS CLOSING NEXT SUNDAY...

Hi Adrian, is club membership required for beginner spins?

If not, what are the benefits of membership for a beginner?

Hey thanks to everyone who turned up today great spin,lovely fresh morning,well done everyone see you next week....

Cheers

Didnt realise it was a club. Whats membership involve? (other than arranging a time to meet outside the shop I presume), oh and price ? :)

Hi Adrian, is club membership required for beginner spins?

If not, what are the benefits of membership for a beginner?

Club membership is not required for a beginner to join one of our beginner spins however if that individual continues to attend these spins we would as is the case with all clubs expect them to join and become a member of the club.

Benefits are pretty obvious in respect of becoming better week to week improving fitness levels increasing distance covered and most importantly the self satisfaction of seeing yourself improving each week to a point where we/you would feel confident in moving to the next level whereby you prepare for events throughout the year and set your own personal goals.

Mosiki wrote: »
    Didnt realise it was a club. Whats membership involve? (other than arranging a time to meet outside the shop I presume), oh and price ? :)

Thinkbike.ie has been a club for 3 years now,this will be its 4 season but its only really this year we are enforcing common club rules re membership etc .

We have had alot of people come on all our spins both road and MTB and have never turned anyone away but now we feel its time to tighten up a bit and concentrate on building the club on signed up members.

Membership involves alot more than meeting outside the shop let tell you.
    What do you gain from anything in a group / club ???? You improve yourself learn from more experienced people around you, your fitness improves both on and off the bike.We organise maintenance workshops attend sportives / events throughout the country year round we have social gatherings basically everything you would expect from a sport orientated club really

Bikerbhoy explain how little the membership is please. When you see the figure divide it by 365 or 50 spins a year. It its too high then don't join lol

• Advertisement

Thinkbike.ie has been a club for 3 years now,this will be its 4 season but its only really this year we are enforcing common club rules re membership etc .

We have had alot of people come on all our spins both road and MTB and have never turned anyone away but now we feel its time to tighten up a bit and concentrate on building the club on signed up members.

Membership involves alot more than meeting outside the shop let tell you.
    What do you gain from anything in a group / club ???? You improve yourself learn from more experienced people around you, your fitness improves both on and off the bike.We organise maintenance workshops attend sportives / events throughout the country year round we have social gatherings basically everything you would expect from a sport orientated club really

Sounds good, whats the process for registering?

Mosiki wrote: »
    Sounds good, whats the process for registering?

Either come into the shop in Rathmines or if you want to PM me your email address I can forward forms on to you , simple as that really.

Cheers :)

Anyone going out for a spin in the morning?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

From Met.ie
    Saturday: A very windy day in store with strong to gale force south to southwest winds. While there will be some sunny spells overall it will be a cloudy day with outbreaks of rain. The rain will be heavy and persistent in places and local spot flooding is likely. Highest temperatures 10 to 12 degrees.

General : Very unsettled at first with some extremely windy and very wet weather through Saturday night, but more showery and less windy for Sunday. Becoming mainly dry, cold and settled for much of next week

Would love to get out for a longer spin this weekend, but not great looking weather wise. Sunday looks like a slightly better bet, abeit very wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's not a good day's MTBing if you don't look like this afterwards:
    4783536291_b1b7b4f53e.jpg
    (Img stolen from MAD's website)

Is there a spin on in the morning? (Road)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Mavic09

I'll be down there for 9.30, see who shows up.

seamus wrote: »
    It's not a good day's MTBing if you don't look like this afterwards:
    4783536291_b1b7b4f53e.jpg
    (Img stolen from MAD's website)

or this

Thanks guys nice spin today, sally gap glencree etc beautiful scenery my first time out there. Didn't know about membership til just reading it here, must pop into the shop some evening and sort that out.

• Advertisement

poochiem wrote: »
    Thanks guys nice spin today, sally gap glencree etc beautiful scenery my first time out there. Didn't know about membership til just reading it here, must pop into the shop some evening and sort that out.

Good stuff glad you enjoyed it sorry I couldnt make it myself this morning, and yes of course come into shop and we an discuss the club and membership,

Advertisement